Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jan 6, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #8,341 of 18,459
I swear, you guys are as bad as the kids in Portable Audio who argue about which IEMs are better.
tongue.gif

Thread open for business again.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #8,342 of 18,459
I spent some time with the Norse cable last night that Trevor sent as a demo for the mini meet here this month and liked what I heard. Trevor has created a well made and well constructed cable for the LCD2 at a very  attractive price for the quality of construction and the packaging it came in. A true work of art from a guy who cares the way his product is presented and the care and attention put in to manufacturing a quality cable. We will also have the Silver Dragon so we can AB both cables. Looks for impressions on both of these cables in the weeks ahead. I just wanted to both thank Trevor and  say Job Well Done.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #8,343 of 18,459
I can second that. His product quality is amazing. Even down the the packaging. The wooden Y-splitter looks especially good with the LCD-2 as well. Not to mention his prices are very fair compared to what the cable industry usually likes to charge.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #8,345 of 18,459

Quote:
but it should not be. because they are used.
I do not understand.

It's called Supply and Demand, look it up.

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #8,348 of 18,459

Quote:
I can second that. His product quality is amazing. Even down the the packaging. The wooden Y-splitter looks especially good with the LCD-2 as well. Not to mention his prices are very fair compared to what the cable industry usually likes to charge.

I've been meaning to post a big thumbs up for Trevor as well, but haven't spent enough time with the cables to say more than what's already been said here: Beautifully designed product right down to the packaging and logo. Well made and at a great price and shipped promptly. I got his 10 foot 8-conductor version, and my amp is single-ended.   As far as listening impressions I tend to leave components in a system for several weeks and then switch back to what I'm comparing them to, and I have I've not had them yet for a long enough period at this point. I will post impressions from the stock cable once I feel comfortable with that.  One thing I can point out is that the microphonic issues of the stock cord (early version) are entirely absent in Trevor's cable.  The 8-conductor version is the heavier version, but I haven't felt it to be awkward or inconvenient in that regard.  I listen exclusively seated at my office desk. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #8,351 of 18,459

Quote:
I spent some time with the Norse cable last night that Trevor sent as a demo for the mini meet here this month and liked what I heard. Trevor has created a well made and well constructed cable for the LCD2 at a very  attractive price for the quality of construction and the packaging it came in. A true work of art from a guy who cares the way his product is presented and the care and attention put in to manufacturing a quality cable. We will also have the Silver Dragon so we can AB both cables. Looks for impressions on both of these cables in the weeks ahead. I just wanted to both thank Trevor and  say Job Well Done.

Looking forward to it. I will probably go for the SD v3 should the need arises since based on my experience of using silver cables/interconnects, they do tend to brighten the upper frequencies (sometimes at the cost of added harshness) which could work well with the LCD2. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #8,352 of 18,459
Just received my LCD-2s today. Very impressed. I realized something, these cans are not dark, they just are not bright like some other high end cans are.I believe this is how music should be heard. Not colored. IMO
More thoughts later. See my source in my sig. I am also using the Silver Dragon cable.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #8,355 of 18,459

Quote:
Does anyone know of a headphone stand that works well for the LCD-2s that doesn't mess up the foam or someone who makes one?

I use a vintage hat stand from a department store.  It works great - the steel pole keeps the pads separated.  It even has adjustable height.  You could probably find one on eBay on occasion...or perhaps an antique store.  Kind of goes with the steam punk look of the design of the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back