Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Nov 4, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #6,333 of 18,459
Mine just got here. They look gorgeous in person, the pictures don't do them justice. My ear pads are equally stuffed and satisfy my OCD just fine.

Despite my request for the 4-pin cable instead, I still got the TRS version, as expected. I already contacted Drew, hopefully he can whip something up for me. Aesthetically, the stock cable isn't anything to write home about. The lengths after the 'Y' split are not the exact same length either. Did anyone else notice this?

I haven't even put them on my head yet, so time to go have some fun =)

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #6,334 of 18,459

Quote:
Mine just got here. They look gorgeous in person, the pictures don't do them justice. My ear pads are equally stuffed and satisfy my OCD just fine.

Despite my request for the 4-pin cable instead, I still got the TRS version, as expected. I already contacted Drew, hopefully he can whip something up for me. Aesthetically, the stock cable isn't anything to write home about. The lengths after the 'Y' split are not the exact same length either. Did anyone else notice this?

I haven't even put them on my head yet, so time to go have some fun =)

How do you like them then? Does anything immediately strike you as good/bad?

Quote:
To bulky. Did you actually get that wood treatment kit or was it sent without for you as well

Got the whole package. All is fine.

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #6,335 of 18,459

Quote:

I won't comment on the sound just yet, but I will say I highly prefer them to my D7000. I was expecting something dreadful in the weight/comfort department, but I honestly find them to be quite comfortable. Unfortunately, my B22 won't be back in my possession till sometime next week, so I only have my impressions on a PPA v2. I wish I had a better idea of which balanced cable to go with. I've pretty much ruled out getting one from Audeze, solely based on the stock TRS cable. If anyone would could offer a cable suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also worth noting.. my box has a 2 inch 'crack' on the bottom. I know it's the bottom, but it does bother me a little, considering the nearly $1000 price tag. I emailed Audeze, hopefully they will respond favorably.

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #6,337 of 18,459

Quote:
We should make a list with all the after market cables available for the LCD2. I am particularly interested in one that has a very short mini XLR connectors.

That would definitely be beneficial to everyone, good idea. I was trying to find some myself, but am only away of Tigz, ALO, and Moon-Audio.

Edit: Unofficial LCD-2 Cable List --

1. APureSound
  2. ALO Audio
  3. Moon-Audio
  4. Double Helix Cables
  5. Whiplash Audio
  6. TigzStudio

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #6,338 of 18,459

Quote:
That would definitely be beneficial to everyone, good idea. I was trying to find some myself, but am only away of Tigz, ALO, and Moon-Audio.

Weight and connectors, I think those are two the main ergonomical issues. I did not find one listed in the moon audio website. Has skylab reported his findings on the moon audio cable? Also, does APureSound has plans on making a cable for the LCD2?

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #6,339 of 18,459

Quote:

Got the whole package. All is fine.

Did you bribe them or something to get the wood treatment package grr.

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #6,340 of 18,459

Quote:
Also worth noting.. my box has a 2 inch 'crack' on the bottom. I know it's the bottom, but it does bother me a little, considering the nearly $1000 price tag. I emailed Audeze, hopefully they will respond favorably.

After reading this, the first thing I did was completely recheck the case.  Luckily any nicks if any were very minor.  I would be upset over a crack on the case myself.

Quote:

I won't comment on the sound just yet, but I will say I highly prefer them to my D7000. I was expecting something dreadful in the weight/comfort department, but I honestly find them to be quite comfortable. Unfortunately, my B22 won't be back in my possession till sometime next week, so I only have my impressions on a PPA v2. I wish I had a better idea of which balanced cable to go with. I've pretty much ruled out getting one from Audeze, solely based on the stock TRS cable. If anyone would could offer a cable suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

I tried my D7000s since I haven't compared them yet.  I wish I hadn't done a direct comparison.  The D7000 sound like doodoo now 
frown.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #6,341 of 18,459

Quote:

I'm interested in your impressions of the LCD-2 from the B32/Beta22 combination. I heard the LCD-2 off my own setup which is somewhat similar to yours.

BTW, add Double Helix Cables to the list of aftermarket offerings. Peter offered to build me one for the LCD-2 a few months back when I asked.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #6,343 of 18,459

Quote:
So was there a review of the production HE-6 vs the LCD2, I cant find one and this thread is too long for its own good at this point

Not a side by side full review, no, but they have both been in attendance at meets, though still there weren't any tries at a comparison for whatever reason.

There are a few people who have heard both production HE-6 and LCD-2, but not at the same place on the same gear.

We should have a good comparative review (or a few) soon, with the HE-6 now shipping out. I think Muppet has both LCD-2 and today ordered the HE-6.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #6,344 of 18,459

Weight and connectors, I think those are two the main ergonomical issues. I did not find one listed in the moon audio website. Has skylab reported his findings on the moon audio cable?

I just got the Silver Dragon today. I'm breaking it in now. Out of the box, it sounded good, but it's a little bright. I hope that settles down just a little - not much, but a little. Ergonomically I love it. Not microphonic, nice and light.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #6,345 of 18,459

Quote:
I just got the Silver Dragon today. I'm breaking it in now. Out of the box, it sounded good, but it's a little bright. I hope that settles down just a little - not much, but a little. Ergonomically I love it. Not microphonic, nice and light.

I'd give it a few days first. Now I can't go back to the stock cables...a bit too dark/stuffy. IMO, the LCD-2s needed a small treble boost to bring them out a little (and add some air) and the Silver Dragon did that perfectly.

They are nice and light and do help the ergonomics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back