Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Oct 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #5,926 of 18,459
Quote:
 .... wonder what they're up to.....

RMAF 
duggehsmile.png

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #5,928 of 18,459
It really makes me happy, that ears do not get hot while listening to LCD2. 
Well they do a little, but not as hot as it becomes a need for one to cool them off by taking a break.

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #5,929 of 18,459
I vote for a separate « LCD-2 cable discussion » thread :¬)

Not that I mind all the cable talk, I rather like it because I’m somewhat of a cable believer myself... But I just imagine the pour soul coming to this thread trying to figure out what the deal is about with these headphones. Man nearly 6000 posts...

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #5,935 of 18,459
Quick question for the board: Has anyone received the side blocks for the cracking issue? It should come in a DIY kit. Mine has hairline cracks and a bigger one now too (pics?). Audeze, to their credit, proactively sent me an email about the problem and offered a solution. Their pro-activeness, to me, symbolizes a pretty tight operation for them to keep accurate records etc. I sent an email about a possible time line but haven't heard back. I hope it isn't an omen of a total communication break down. I decided I should turn to the group brain of the forum for some info on it. I'm not too worked up about it since I knew going in I was buying a new product from a boutique company. The really upsetting thing is that this is happening right when I got a new toy for the LCD2: A APS V3 headphone cable! It's sweet. Even if you don't believe in the SQ improvements, I thought i was worth it for a longer cable that is way more pliable than stock.

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #5,937 of 18,459

Quote:
Quick question for the board: Has anyone received the side blocks for the cracking issue? It should come in a DIY kit. Mine has hairline cracks and a bigger one now too (pics?). Audeze, to their credit, proactively sent me an email about the problem and offered a solution. Their pro-activeness, to me, symbolizes a pretty tight operation for them to keep accurate records etc. I sent an email about a possible time line but haven't heard back. I hope it isn't an omen of a total communication break down. I decided I should turn to the group brain of the forum for some info on it. I'm not too worked up about it since I knew going in I was buying a new product from a boutique company. The really upsetting thing is that this is happening right when I got a new toy for the LCD2: A APS V3 headphone cable! It's sweet. Even if you don't believe in the SQ improvements, I thought i was worth it for a longer cable that is way more pliable than stock.

I got an email from Audeze yesterday saying that they were making sure the new ones won't have any issues. They hope to ship the replacements out by the end of the month. Great customer service and I appreciate the qualification to ensure that this problem is completely solved.
smile.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #5,938 of 18,459

Quote:
I got an email from Audeze yesterday saying that they were making sure the new ones won't have any issues. They hope to ship the replacements out by the end of the month. Great customer service and I appreciate the qualification to ensure that this problem is completely solved.
smile.gif

I´m glad of it, and it will give me a little more patience to wait for a finished and GOOD product
wink_face.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #5,939 of 18,459
Deleted.  Headphonista are a dishonest and deceiptful bunch...I regret mentioning them and never will again.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #5,940 of 18,459

Quote:
I just stumbled on this very informative review of the LCD2 on Headphonista.  I don't know how I missed this one, it was dated from January of this year and I never found a link to it from here.  I find that I agree with Headphonista on their assesment.

do you still have your LCD2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back