Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Sep 3, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #4,367 of 18,459
Once they get to your pre-order slot, they will contact you via email. 

The following is not meant against anyone in particular..just saying
rant on//

You are not losing any money here nor are you being asked to send them money when you fill out the pre-order form, so i don't really see a problem.
Its a hand built unit that goes through a full battery of tests. They are definitely speeding up pace on filling out orders for sure.  Half this thread is only about people whining about when they pre-ordered and asking why they haven't received it the next day. Patience goes a long way and hard to come by in the digital age where everything is assumed to be available at the click of a button.

//end rant

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #4,368 of 18,459
I didn't get any email saying that I'd pre-ordered after I filled in the form on the web site, but later when I asked, they said I'd indeed been put on the list.  You just have to be patient.  The 2 months it took was the shortest I've waited for a new product in the last year! More importantly, they aren't rushing production.  When another small company became popular here, a couple of years ago, they rushed production and people were receiving poorly assembled gear with bad casework and screws not even inserted straight.  I reckon we should be grateful, they are doing a far better job than most other companies that I've seen.

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #4,372 of 18,459
I received my replacement cable today and am happy to report that everything is working fine
biggrin.gif

The sound is talking some adjusting to. Some music I am just blown away with what I hear and some I find them to be a bit dark and lacking sparkle. I really wish I had my HD800 still to do a side by side (anyone wanna send me a pair?
beerchug.gif
) but based on memory and my personal tastes I honestly couldn't say which I would take for my desert island pick. Too early to make any calls, I've only been listening to them for about 2 hrs and switching to my APS V3 D5000.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #4,373 of 18,459
Good to hear that your pair has been successfully made whole, wakeride.

Any particular examples of the music you're finding dark or lacking in "sparkle"?  Only times I've found things dark, personally, it was because of the source material.  It's really subjective, however, and should be taken with a big grain (or block) of salt, since I'm not a big fan of sparkling highs.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #4,376 of 18,459
Quote:
As of now I am going to leave Audez'e negative feedback!  I pre-ordered on 6/22 and have not received any email.  Checked my trash and spam folder too!.
Pretty lame.

I pre-ordered on 21st June and after reading here that someone who had ordered on the same date had received the notification from Audeze, I emailed Audeze.

Sankar replied within 24 hours and said that I am the next on the list and should receive the notification in the next couple of days.  That was two days ago.  The two days had passed but hopefully, I shall receive the notification within these next days.

So, I guess Audeze is pretty much following the sequence of pre-orders in fulfilling them.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #4,377 of 18,459
The most obvious examples so far have been:

Hilary Hahn - Sibelius: Violin Concerto - 1. Allegro Moderato (ALAC)
Pink Martini - Let's Never Stop Falling in Love (ALAC)
Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pride & Joy (96/24 FLAC)

Cymbals on Pride & Joy sound very accurate with plenty of sparkle and faithful decay but when I switch to my D5k I hear more clarity in the top end of the vocals as if the LCD-2 has a bit of a drop off somewhere in that area. Same with Pink Martini, China's voice sounds slightly dark in the higher notes and I distinctly remember hearing the moisture when her lips would part with the HD800 which I've not heard with another headphone to date.

Hilary Hahn again sounds a tad dark in the top end and something just sounds a bit off in the way stings are presented.

On the flip side I don't think I've ever heard such accurate reproduction of percussion instruments. Bass is exceptional in impact, extension, and texture. The overall sound is very organic and balanced. I did not study sound engineering but did major in music composition and spent plenty of time around piano, violin, and in a cappella choir, I also saw Pink Martini at Davies Symphony Hall with the San Francisco Symphony recently. With that said I do not feel the soundstage of the HD800 is accurate and the LCD-2 is a closer to what I would call true soundstage but the highs do seem a tad rolled off to my ears while the HD800 seems overly bright and slightly lack in bass impact. Again my impressions are very premature so take them with a big grain of salt added to the my ears not yours disclaimer.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #4,378 of 18,459
Wakeride: thank you for your description.For me, the decision between the LCD2 and the Stax 007 continues to be very difficult.
What happened to you Jack Bauer icon?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back