Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 17, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #14,851 of 18,459

Quote:
Sorry I have never heard the Rev1.......so I cannot comment on that...

That's was one of the intrinsic element I meant. If the Rev 2 is going to have Rev 1 vocal presentation after 2000 hours burn in I might consider getting a used Rev 2
wink_face.gif
  If after 10000 hours, forget it. Cheers!
o2smile.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #14,852 of 18,459
Very well stated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

There is always rough waters were two rivers collide. This was to be expected a little. There are 2 different versions that are both good and people have taken sides. Eventually the love will come bask and we will just agree that both versions are good but different.

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #14,854 of 18,459

Quote:
The ball bearing and spring are embedded in the set screw itself so you are not tightening against a spring to push the ball bearing, you are pushing the whole set screw/ball bearing assembly against the posts.
Hope this helps...
-HK sends

P.S. - I can try to take a picture if anyone needs it.

You mean they've done away with the spring?  Pictures?  yes please!

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #14,855 of 18,459
Between any two Head-Fi'ers, you'll get at least three conflicting opinions on anything. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #14,856 of 18,459

Quote:
Sorry I meant the horizontal screw in the newer blocks. Are these what you're referring to as threadlocked HK? I'd assumed those screws could be tightened to lock the vertical rod in place, but I don't want to force it if that's not what they're for and are indeed threadlocked.

Yes.

-HK sends

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #14,857 of 18,459
Quote:
You mean they've done away with the spring?  Pictures?  yes please!

The pics aren't great, but neither is my camera:

You can see here the ball bearing (and spring) are embedded in the screw assembly.

This is from my r.2 block, but I also removed one from my r.1 aluminum block and it was the same (that's how I knew about the loctite).

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #14,859 of 18,459

Quote:
The pics aren't great, but neither is my camera:

You can see here the ball bearing (and spring) are embedded in the screw assembly.

This is from my r.2 block, but I also removed one from my r.1 aluminum block and it was the same (that's how I knew about the loctite).
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Ok, but it's still a spring tensioned ball bearing, and in this case, means that over tightening the setscrew defeats the very purpose of the spring tensioning.  Good thing of which to be aware!   Thanks for the info!

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #14,860 of 18,459
Okay guys, I think it's time I buy an LCD-2. I've got a couple easy questions.

As a long-time Grado fan, I think the faster, "brighter" rev. 2 would be better for me. So I'll be buying it new. Is it worth the $50 for the nice leather headband? I'm guessing it is.

Should I order it directly from Audeze ($53 shipping, unknown availability) or from Headroom (free shipping, 30 day return, 1-2 week availability delay)? Would a purchase from Audeze ship considerably faster?

For the time being I'll just power them with my cheap ol' LD I+ and uDAC, but in the future will probably buy a Schiit amp. Asgard or Lyr, assuming $200 is a lot of money for me to spend? You can ignore this question, I'll be asking in the amp thread later anyway.

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #14,861 of 18,459
Just noticed Headphile has pictures of his LCD-2 offerings up. I can't say I like the looks of the headband, but his cable and stand look pretty nice. What would be really cool, is if he could make a mini LCD-2 grill place it into the round end of the stand.

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #14,863 of 18,459
Okay guys, I think it's time I buy an LCD-2. I've got a couple easy questions.

As a long-time Grado fan, I think the faster, "brighter" rev. 2 would be better for me. So I'll be buying it new. Is it worth the $50 for the nice leather headband? I'm guessing it is.

Should I order it directly from Audeze ($53 shipping, unknown availability) or from Headroom (free shipping, 30 day return, 1-2 week availability delay)? Would a purchase from Audeze ship considerably faster?

For the time being I'll just power them with my cheap ol' LD I+ and uDAC, but in the future will probably buy a Schiit amp. Asgard or Lyr, assuming $200 is a lot of money for me to spend? You can ignore this question, I'll be asking in the amp thread later anyway.

As far as i know, there is no delay at audeze.
I ordered myself a new lcd2 a week ago, on saturday.
And they shipped out on monday. Arrived on wednesday.

I wish i could hear them. And offer any insight.
But alas,I am on vacation in ireland. And the lcd2 will be there to greet me when i return home.

Cheers
The wuss

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #14,864 of 18,459

so would tightening that spring make the bolt less loose?

my left bolt seems to adjust notches more easily compared to the right.

also, hk, without taking out the strap, my set seems to have loosened up abit. I dont' get a headache from the pressure anymore, but my head muscles still feel tense after wearing them for 12 hours. but i guess that's normal haha.

Quote:
Yes, yes, and you're welcome... 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #14,865 of 18,459
Quote:
This would be true if Stax were perfect for all tastes, which they most certainly are not. I have the money for a very good or even TOTL Stax setup and could always go for that over owning all the cans I do, but I know the Stax sound does not suit my music.

As has been said before, the SR-007 and LCD-2 R.1 sound similar tonal balance wise.  I'm not sure why it wouldn't suit your tastes if you enjoy LCD-2s?  Have you heard the Omega?  I would think they have the spectrum of preferences covered between the 009 and the Omegas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back