Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 4, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #13,096 of 18,459
dun think so. My color of line is green 
redface.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Is the line on your frequency graph red or blue, and which of the two posted does it match?

It may be that the colour of the line is related to the driver revision (red 2.0, blue 2.1).

Quote:

They look very similar indeed. As with yourself, I have no idea what I'm looking at, just posted it for those who do. Of course I can see differences, and would assume the right hand side is higher frequencies/treble, but how the odd dips translate into sound qualities is something I cannot comment on :¬)

The differences between the red and blue graphs are far more obvious to look at.

Being hand-made, I'd assume each part of the production process is complete in batches, the next graph date could be a week or so later, depending on production speed etc. Just a thought.

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #13,097 of 18,459

Quote:
Here's a frequency response comparison of the two sets of LCD-2s I've owned.  The March 2011 set was returned due to a failed driver.  The July 2011 version is the replacement pair.  I just picked the data points off the graphs supplied by Audeze and plotted them in Excel.

The earlier version has ~2 dB hump from 60 - 1,300 Hz, which should be clearly audible in a direct comparison to the newer version, as would the ~2-3 dB at hump at 1000 Hz and the ~4.5 dB hump at 10,000 Hz.

Just to be clear, have you confirmed from Audeze that the July 201 replacement is the rev.2? 

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #13,098 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:

It would be really interesting if you could do this with the Rev2 LCD-2s and HE-500s.

I would, but there is a problem comparing the two HP measurement graphs.  They were not measured on the same audiometric system, so differences in the measurement systems would appear as differences in the HPs that don't really exist.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #13,099 of 18,459

Quote:
Just to be clear, have you confirmed from Audeze that the July 201 replacement is the rev.2? 

Nope.  Only differentiation I've made is when I received them.   This whole uproar over the sonic differences is much ado about little.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #13,101 of 18,459

Quote:
Might make a particular dark track more pleasant...might make a lean track even worse.  Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

But I was pretty certain Tupac mixed with a pair of tubed Denons.

I don't know if your being sarcastic, but have you heard the 2pac album All Eyez On Me? Came out in 1996 and still one of the, if not the best mixed rap album ever made.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #13,102 of 18,459

Quote: June 23rd LCD2 graph.
These are the June 23rd ones I just bought.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #13,104 of 18,459
Quote:
I would, but there is a problem comparing the two HP measurement graphs.  They were not measured on the same audiometric system, so differences in the measurement systems would appear as differences in the HPs that don't really exist.

Even with the inner fidelity graphs?

Quote:
Nope.  Only differentiation I've made is when I received them.   This whole uproar over the sonic differences is much ado about little.

Do you feel the sonic differences are almost negligible?  (that subtle?)

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #13,105 of 18,459

Quote:

I don't understand? The uproar over the sonic differences between the rev.1 and rev.2 editions? or the two graphs?  If you are speaking of the two graphs I would have to agree, in fact the newer graph does not seem to coincide with the description of the rev.2 sound by Audeze. In fact it would seem to contradict their statement.  But if your saying the uproar about the sonic difference between rev.1 and rev.2 is much ado about nothing I don't see how you would know that unless you have confirmed your new LCD's are in fact rev.2.   

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #13,106 of 18,459
Haha. I am a hardcore fan of hip hop. I believe I heard 99% of pac's songs (2 unreleased came out last week). But I dun know much abt mixing. I guess that all eyez on me was mixed by Dre then.
wink.gif

Quote:

I don't know if your being sarcastic, but have you heard the 2pac album All Eyez On Me? Came out in 1996 and still one of the, if not the best mixed rap album ever made.

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #13,107 of 18,459
There is also the consideration that different sonic characteristics - imaging, soundstage and whatnot, may not be visible in the graphs, and only noticeable through audition.

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #13,108 of 18,459

Quote:
hmm doesn't look much different than mine - http://i.imgur.com/33bud.png (4/2/2011, S/N 531xxx)

It is possible I have the old driver as I have not confirmed it. But I would think June 23rd is past the middle of June. It is my first pair so I don't have any reference point to compare. They sound good though
L3000.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #13,109 of 18,459
Audeze just like any other good company has improved their product. at least they believe so and i am sure its a decision they didn't make lightly. they have always listened to their customers and now we have a better cable, usable box to carry it around  in and now a newer driver and much better uniformity in the pads they make for their headphones. DOn't quite understand what the whining is all about..

I have one of the earliest LCD-2s..i like  what i hear even now and don't quite feel like i am missing out on anything. ANd a lot of you were happy before this came to light, so why start now? 

I exhort Audeze to keep innovating the way they are and wish them further success as they are doing everything a customer oriented company should be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back