Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
May 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #797 of 18,459

Quote:
You guys are cracking me up- it's a WIRE!

You ought to hear it!!  
o2smile.gif

May 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #798 of 18,459
It's also a very pretty wire. 
L3000.gif

Kidding aside, while recabling is tempting methinks the amp should be my next upgrade in my chain.  Tried feeding my D10 as a DAC to the 2Move last night and wasn't as pleased.  There wasn't as much space between sounds and everything was just slightly more muddled.  The 2Move is marvelous at work for my PK1's while I'm sitting at my computer, so that's where it will likely stay for a while.

Unfortunately didn't get to listen as much as I might have wanted to last night because I spent most of the evening wrestling with my new video card and getting HDMI audio to my receiver to work correctly.

May 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #800 of 18,459
Upgrading one's cabling is what one does after one has finished upgrading headphones, amps, sources, and listening rooms.  If done in that order, one can appreciate the difference it makes.
L3000.gif

May 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #803 of 18,459
I thought Alan did post..that he is selling off his T-1 among other headphones now that he has the LCD-2. Perhaps he may be coerced to post some comparisons before he thins the herd.

May 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #807 of 18,459

Quote:
would somebody please post impressions on LCD-2 vs. T1?

Have about a hundred plus hours on the Audez'e. The sound properties vs. the T1...the T1 is thicker, a bit slower, and the resulting sounds of the T1 are confused and restricted by comparison. It sounds very un-kind, and I like the T1 when it stands alone, but to compare isn't fair.

The Audez'e (given proper amp) is more (much more) clearer, cleaner and better balanced with realistic presence and staging. True to life dynamics are in the Audez'e bag of tricks also....not so the T1.

I never thought the T1 the best of the ilk, that had belonged to the 800. Now, both are in jeopardy!

May 12, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #809 of 18,459
Fellas, a word about wire!

Company's like Kimber and Nordost are the worst (but others share equal guilt), in that they deliberately throw capacitance into the mix, and every step in their model line you can audibly hear an improvement. That leads to exorbitant pricing for the "best wire"! They are huckster's and are the guilty party's here. There is a difference in "good" vs. "bad" wire. 

I look for a well made cable that's cheap from a vendor that makes one cable, that will sound as good as anybodies "best".

Thank goodness for Blue Jeans and other vendors that are good and cheap!! I just want a balanced cable for the Audez'e and Ken was the first. Yeah, the high percent, it's over-kill...but these are "current" phones
wink.gif

May 12, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #810 of 18,459

Quote:
would somebody please post impressions on LCD-2 vs. T1?

Both awesome phones, the T1 has a detail edge, clean crisp, tight, the LCD2 is fuller, thicker and superb at low levels. The LCD2 is like a velvet hammer with the silky smooth mid and low end with tons of sonic information flowing. T1 has amazing imaging, super clean and fast... wonderful both have something to love. eh hard to describe really!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back