Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 15, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #1,876 of 18,459

Quote:
Aww, that sucks man, there's a HUGE 0.75 dB spike right at 700 Hz.  
basshead.gif

atsmile.gif
  CONGRATS!!!  

That sucks man, there's a HUGE 0.75 dB spike right at 700 Hz.  
basshead.gif

atsmile.gif
  CONGRATS!!!

nm...

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #1,877 of 18,459

Quote:
^^ that's sweet..man i just got my new source too today.

Why do you have two, are they mono or something?

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #1,879 of 18,459
I wonder how this graph compares to the likes of the Stax 4070 closed earspeaker.  I heard those were designed to be used as studio monitoring cans and supposedly also pretty neutral.  Anybody out there know by any chance?

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #1,880 of 18,459
Has anyone tried calling Audeze?  The phone number listed on there website is disconnected!?!?  I'm pretty much sold on them, but wanted to talk to a live person to get an idea of wait time.  If someone has a valid phone number please PM me.  Thanks!

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #1,881 of 18,459

Quote:
Has anyone tried calling Audeze?  The phone number listed on there website is disconnected!?!?  I'm pretty much sold on them, but wanted to talk to a live person to get an idea of wait time.  If someone has a valid phone number please PM me.  Thanks!

ATM, they both have full time day jobs aside from Audez'e.  I can only imagine how many calls they are receiving right now just from CanJam. 

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #1,882 of 18,459
I tried to call earlier and got a generic vmail message but the ph# on the site did work.

Can someone tell me how the pre-order works, is payment required upfront or when they ship?

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #1,883 of 18,459

Quote:
^^ that's sweet..man i just got my new source too today.

Just waiting for the LCD-2 now. 
tongue_smile.gif

I finished up mine at lunch too:

Then I decided I couldn't wait for the LCD-2s, so I'll build their big brother:

Except I'll use these drivers after Planet 10 HiFi enABL's them and mods the basket:

Funny part is, the whole set of speakers will only be a couple hundred more than the LCD-2s, and that's with my buddy building the cabinets for me out of bamboo, walnut, and Baltic birch plywood...

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #1,884 of 18,459

There is a post on Head-Fi ,  one Headfier contacted most receiver manufacturers and most of them stated headphone out goes through resistors not opamps! But most receivers are not that good to start with.

Quote:
I would use a resistor network and run off the speaker terminals before I'd use a modern day receiver's headphone jack.  Most receiver headphone outputs are just crappy op-amp fed jacks.  My late-'80's Kenwood receiver's headphone jack is horrid, but the orthos sound ok off the speaker terminals.  Caddock MP-930s can be mounted directly to an aluminum enclosure like a small Hammond for heat sinking and they can handle plenty of power for the job.  $50-$75 invested and you have a top tier interface.  You can build it for far less and if you're careful, you might even be able to stuff the three 3W resistors in a Neutrik locking 1/4" TRS cable mounted jack with a length of Mogami and 4 spade or banana plugs at the ends.  I haven't tried it to see if they fit though, so fair warning. 

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #1,886 of 18,459

Quote:
ATM, they both have full time day jobs aside from Audez'e.  I can only imagine how many calls they are receiving right now just from CanJam. 

I am a little confused. So it ok the phone is disconnected? A business to me means you have employees or at worst you have voice mail and you return calls and answer emails. I  know if I am spending 1K on any product I want to be able to call the manufacturer. The concern I have is you have a problem how would you get it fixed. Disconnected or no phone and unanswered emails IMO is not way to run any business. Sorry to me that is totally unacceptable and does cause concern at least for me.

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #1,888 of 18,459

Quote:
Why jump to conclusions, there must be a reasonable explanation for you not being able to get through to them..dB

I am not jumping to any conclusions. I also sent Sankar a email last week with some questions that went unanswered. I don't think anyone is doing me any favors when I am spending a grand on a product. When I worked in investing my clients money I always gave them the service they deserved. I  returned calls and answered emails. It is only good business. Anyone investing their money is entitled and should expect good service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back