Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Oct 4, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #18,436 of 18,459

Quote:
It is not done by money, but I am pretty sure that my Leben is better than your **** Lyr or whatever.

you don´t know to speak well.
i don´t have the lyr or whatever....
i have only one beta-22
why only the leben is the best for the lcd-2?
i don´t care for my beta: is a piece of junk, you are happy?
remains the fact tha you are a little megalomaniacal

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #18,437 of 18,459
This is really not necessary. I stated the gear I have just to show my love for the LCD2. And you are trying to derail it once again by taking out a phrase from the context of my whole article.

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #18,438 of 18,459

Quote:
This is really not necessary. I stated the gear I have just to show my love for the LCD2. And you are trying to derail it once again by taking out a phrase from the context of my whole article.

no, there are people(not me)who can have your expierence with different gears and not do declare the chief connoisseurs of the lcd-2.
for me, we can close here.
many apologies for my words

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #18,439 of 18,459

Quote:
Anaxilus - yes, you have a point there - but it still does scale. Listening to the LCD2 no my portable rig in office, for example, is still a considerable step down from my home rig when I first brought it to office. However with time I grow used to it and found that the sound is actually quite attractive in its own way using the portable stuff - and that's the beauty of the LCD2.

I agree that it is easy to make the LCD-2 sound good, as there are many testimonials regarding portable gear and modest desktop solutions that make the LCD-2 a joy to listen to. I also agree that the LCD-2 does scale. For myself it scales very well with better amps, and it reportedly does very with balanced amps like an SR71B, my WA22, or the Apache. As the LCD-2 also reflects the differences in tube types, it's not a stretch to say that it will scale well with better sources; many have reported that it does.

Quote:
googleli you have proven that you can afford, purchase and collect gear but I think you still have to prove that you can hear the gear you own.  I'm not sure if you have proven that.  Is there a detailed impression or review that you have posted?  Any in depth sonic articulation we may peruse?    Something exacting, developed and enlightening?    Financial positioning does not necessarily equate sonic qualification or validation.   I believe this is the crux of the biscuit here in these posts.  We need to see the "apostrophe".  Until then people are going to treat you like a boastful collector.

Lol, a Zappa reference. I would have to say that megalomaniacal comments aside, just because someone doesn't articulate well with detailed impressions or full-blown reviews doesn't mean that they can't hear their gear. These are two different skill sets.

Another skill is presenting one's opinion without patronizing, condescension, or outright braggadocio regarding the level of monetary investment one has made. Many of us fall short on some or all of these points from time to time myself included, but googleli does have a tendency to take that road a little more often than most and IMO that is the source of much of this friction.

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #18,441 of 18,459
Oct 4, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #18,442 of 18,459
lol

Quote:
This thread is much more friendly with two certain individuals on a block list. That is all I am saying.

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #18,443 of 18,459

Quote:

I agree that it is easy to make the LCD-2 sound good, as there are many testimonials regarding portable gear and modest desktop solutions that make the LCD-2 a joy to listen to. I also agree that the LCD-2 does scale. For myself it scales very well with better amps, and it reportedly does very with balanced amps like an SR71B, my WA22, or the Apache. As the LCD-2 also reflects the differences in tube types, it's not a stretch to say that it will scale well with better sources; many have reported that it does.

Lol, a Zappa reference. I would have to say that megalomaniacal comments aside, just because someone doesn't articulate well with detailed impressions or full-blown reviews doesn't mean that they can't hear their gear. These are two different skill sets.

Another skill is presenting one's opinion without patronizing, condescension, or outright braggadocio regarding the level of monetary investment one has made. Many of us fall short on some or all of these points from time to time myself included, but googleli does have a tendency to take that road a little more often than most and IMO that is the source of much of this friction.

I was going to post the same points but you did a much better job.  I do want to add however that from my own experiences at high end listening rooms that just because the equipment in those rooms cost 100-200k dollars doesn't mean it sounds good to everyone.  Myself and many people that went to demos walked out of some of those rooms with nothing more than a headache. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #18,444 of 18,459
Oh, no; look what you have started. You should know better than to question Goog's privileged life (resort, girls, Esoteric K01).

Quote:
you realize that your statement is a little exaggerated

Quote:
At the price of US$20,000 for the Esoteric K-01 and over US$4,000 including the tubes for the Leben, I think this is an understatement. As I said, let's not get into the discussion of source and amps here, but feel free to browse Skylab's list of tube amps and ask him which amp does he think is the best amp for LCD2. And what's more I heard it on the Esoteric K-01 and Accuphase C3800 flagship preamp (the preamp itself also worth more than US$20,000) combo - the preamp has a top notch directly coupled headphone out. You have to hear stuff like that before making any comment with your experience in stuff like a DIY B22 or a ****t Lyr. And yes, with my gear, I have heard the better LCD2 than most of the peeps here have.

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #18,445 of 18,459

Was wondering if anyone would catch the Zappa reference...
very_evil_smiley.gif

As for the skill sets reference it was not directed generally at anyones ability to correlate hearing and detailed impressions but more specifically to point out that certain megalomaniacal comments in this case googleli's pointed remark of qualification would be better served if it were somehow validated in ways other than simply owning the top tier of high end amplification.  Something which I thought was pretty clearly implied and I was simply offering googleli a redeeming way out of his rudeness and arrogance towards the rest of the posters in this thread. It seems though that this trait is irredeemable and somewhat indelible.  
smile.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #18,446 of 18,459
i´m sorry to all head-fiers for my attitude and i have already apologized googleli.
some head-fiers report my word megalomaniacal.
i don´t know if the meaning is the same in my language or in english.
in my language megalomaniacal is a person  who bangs in the face of others people its alleged superiority.
is not an offense

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #18,447 of 18,459
anyway how about those headphones...

WRT comfort they are heavy and clamp - but at least you don't have to worry about them falling off.  The whole airtight thing is a bit strange also - try pushing on the headphone while you are wearing it - you can feel the complete air seal.  its a bit unsettling as I worry this might break the diaphragm.

WRT articulation of thoughts and depth of perception I think there is a relationship, not one reliant upon impressive show of vocabulary or for that matter verbose and floral rhetoric, but the ability (or lack thereof) to articulate and properly form/enframe particular observations is I believe indirectly related to the audacity of one's though process, that is if English is the language in which one thinks.  One can paint a picture or write Haiku to express a particular thought if that is what comes naturally, and certainly not everyone speaks English natively.  There is also the matter that one does not have to express the full gamut of ones thoughts - there may be a lot more going on inside than someone might let off.

But yeahhh back to those headphones...

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #18,449 of 18,459
Cmon ppl, calm down :)

This is a nice thread, stop the attacks and only takes the interesting points :)

googleli posts interesting stuff, as everybody else :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back