Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 27, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #17,282 of 18,459
I agree, I must exercise self restraint and not look in anymore. To wade through 30 post about the same old thing is akin to re-opening a wound everyday. The most humane thing to do is to put this thread out of it's misery.
Everything that can be gained information wise has been said a hundred times or more. I tried to add something new to the pot but that disappeared like the Marie Celeste!

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #17,283 of 18,459

Quote:
this is the most absurd thread I've ever subscribed to. 

Clearly you haven't subscribed to enough threads. I was reading one the other day that would have made this one seem the soul of Socratic logic, the very spirit of sense and sensibility. It can get very dire in the depths of some threads, trust me, especially those dealing with the sub hundred dollar stuff.  

biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #17,284 of 18,459
I'm considering these after i haven't been that happy with my T1's tendance to be sibilant on some recording's however i am a bit worried if these will fit my huge head hehe... So with the T1 and HD800 i have to use the headband's at their maximum setting and they barely fit. How would these compare, from what i've seen on video's they seem to have a smaller range when it comes to headband adjustment but i'm not sure...
Any insight would be welcome
beerchug.gif

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #17,287 of 18,459

Hey RJM - Am I mistaken, or were you using a WA6SEm with your LCD-2's initially?  If so, what were your reasons for changing to the Concerto and did you compare the two?  Sorry if I missed a previous post that outlines this - just point me to it if so.  Just curious.

Quote:
{SNIP}  
I'm using these with a Mac Mini / iTunes AIFF files / Stage DAC / Concerto setup, and I'm very pleased so far.  Overall, I think the improvement for me is worth the purchase.  And if a couple of hundred hours of play time on these will improve things further, I can't wait.  I'm a Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler fan, so I'll be working my way through the group's 6 albums, followed by Mark's 6 solo albums, which I think are all excellent showcases for the LCD-2s.

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #17,289 of 18,459

Quote:
I don't know why people think creaminess is a bad word. It is a very positive attribute of the Rev1 and I am not the one who started using it to describe the LCD2. Forgot who used it first but I came across this post and found this word was very appropriate to describe the mid range. Creamy.

It's not that it's a bad word, or that people are thinking that you are using it as derogatory.  It's that folks are suggesting that it is an entirely inaccurate descriptor for the sound of the LCD-2's, neither rev. 1 or rev. 2.  The shoe doesn't fit.  The cream's turned to butter.  This is a dead parrot!  I'd agree, it is not a good descriptor at all and it the fact that you're using it over and over again makes me wonder whether we're listening to the same headphones (and I've had both versions).  Creamy implies to me something thick, rich, and heavy - the LCD-2's are none of these. 

I'd also disagree that the LCD-2's are not transparent.  The actually excel in that way to my ears, the rev. 2 a bit more than the rev.1. 

Quote:
this is the most absurd thread I've ever subscribed to. 

It's like a car wreck and a soap opera all in one.  And it just keeps on going...you kind of can't take you're eyes off it. 

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #17,290 of 18,459

Quote:
SP Wild said:

One day, we converse about the differences between 40,000 dollar cables and smirk at others that can only afford 1000 dollar cables.  We're gonna have good ole time!

Party on!  Who's bringing the beer, er, oh god, what got over me?  Who's bringing the 64 year-old Macallan scotch in Lalique crystal?

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #17,291 of 18,459
Can you post some of the tweaks that have worked well?

Quote:
I've been tweaking my rig, little by little.  With each tweak the LCD-2 r.2 presentation becomes better and better.  The benefits of small tweaks are so discernible and appreciated with these cans. 

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #17,295 of 18,459

[size=medium]
I know I have said this before, and hopefully not with an irreverent tone, but the Twag V2 cable and the LCD-2 are excellent together. There is more transparency, separation and "air" to the music. I do use them balanced most of the time but SE works well also and I can use the Twag either way as I made a nice converter using the V2 cable (I cut a bit off). 

I don't understand the fuss about a long thread about the LCD-2. It is an open discussion. It zigs and zags but that is the nature of the different personalities. How boring to have a methodical, tacked to just the facts mam discourse with only a narrowly defined parameters to be set down in stone somewhere.  
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back