Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 26, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #17,267 of 18,459

Quote:
Creamy is the right word. "Smooth" is for T5p. "Lush" and "smooth" are for SR009. The LCD2 is not very transparent once you've heard the 009. But there is something more in the LCD2 Rev 1 that made me keep it. Yes, you bet - the CREAMINESS.

I'm sure the 009 is a terrific can and eclipses the LCD2 in some very significant ways, unfortunately I am not as privileged as you are.  I'm still OK with being underprivileged, not that I actually felt that way, when I can actually afford an LCD2 - I thought I was indeed privileged, but thanks to your wisdom, I now know I have not really been privileged at all.

I promise I will work a little harder, and maybe one day, with luck and determination I too will be able to marvel in "lush" and "smooth" and move away from obesity inducing cream, because us poor people are always being fed fatty foods because they are cheap, and we get fat.

One day, we converse about the differences between 40,000 dollar cables and smirk at others that can only afford 1000 dollar cables.  We're gonna have good ole time!

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #17,269 of 18,459
I don't know why people think creaminess is a bad word. It is a very positive attribute of the Rev1 and I am not the one who started using it to describe the LCD2. Forgot who used it first but I came across this post and found this word was very appropriate to describe the mid range. Creamy.

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #17,271 of 18,459
I missed it too, and it's too long now I can't handle it. 
confused_face.gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #17,273 of 18,459

Quote:
I don't know why people think creaminess is a bad word. It is a very positive attribute of the Rev1 and I am not the one who started using it to describe the LCD2. Forgot who used it first but I came across this post and found this word was very appropriate to describe the mid range. Creamy.

Yeah, it aint so bad being creamy.  I wanna hear more of this smooth and lush that I'm missing out on with the LCD2.  Becasue y'know I can only dream of the 009. 

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #17,274 of 18,459

But excellent in parts
Quote:
this is the most absurd thread I've ever subscribed to. 

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #17,275 of 18,459

Quote:
I like the sound of Audirvana but it does a lot of skipping on my iMac.  Don't know why because it's a powerful machine.  Going to kick it up from 4 to 8Gb memory and see what happens.    I also like Fidelia.  I like the fact that I can add AU's to the player and test out the EQ theories floating about, but my preference is not to EQ.   I want to try out the Pure Music player.  Wyred4Sound keeps recommending it.    

I had similar issues with Pure Music until I upgraded my MacBook Pro from 2GB to 8GB. The skipping and interface problems went away entirely.

I spend a lot of time working on my iTunes library, so Pure Music suits me perfectly. The fact that Fidelia creates its own library (despite being based on the iTunes library) creates its own set of problems. I found that it just wasn't worth it and paid for Pure Music.

Aug 27, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #17,277 of 18,459

Quote:
I'm sure the 009 is a terrific can and eclipses the LCD2 in some very significant ways, unfortunately I am not as privileged as you are.  I'm still OK with being underprivileged, not that I actually felt that way, when I can actually afford an LCD2 - I thought I was indeed privileged, but thanks to your wisdom, I now know I have not really been privileged at all.

I promise I will work a little harder, and maybe one day, with luck and determination I too will be able to marvel in "lush" and "smooth" and move away from obesity inducing cream, because us poor people are always being fed fatty foods because they are cheap, and we get fat.

One day, we converse about the differences between 40,000 dollar cables and smirk at others that can only afford 1000 dollar cables.  We're gonna have good ole time!

Lol. Pertinent observation, pithily put.

But pushing your tongue so firmly into your cheek like that might leave a permanent imprint. 

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #17,278 of 18,459

Quote:
Lol. Pertinent observation, pithily put.

But pushing your tongue so firmly into your cheek like that might leave a permanent imprint. 

"pithily" huh, the new word for today. 

But seriously, that permanent imprint was from the gum infection from all that cream.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #17,279 of 18,459
BitPerfect (£2.99) and Audirvana (free) both have hog mode which is essential for top quality playback.

BitPerfect is an invisible app that sits behind iTunes, bar the system icon, you'd never know it was there. Well worth a punt at that price. Loving the sound from it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #17,280 of 18,459

Quote:
The thread has pretty much run its course nowadays. 

The rev.2 gave it it some new life but we'll see how long that will help 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back