Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #15,871 of 18,459
Jul 31, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #15,873 of 18,459
I don't know about that... beats look hideous IMO (granted im an edition 8 fan) and second he has arguably the two most highly regarded rap albums.

Highly regarded in terms of artistry of sonic quality?

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #15,875 of 18,459
The chronic was ok. I don't know why ppl are crazy about that 2001. and Detox is never coming..hahah .pac even predicted that when he was alive. Dre is such a lazy ass person. that's why he had to produce some headphones.

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #15,876 of 18,459
Ok, switched to digital today.

Put on Starship Trooper, the Keys to Ascension live version. I always go to this sooner or later when trying out new phones.

This thing nails it. Chris Squires baseline is coming from the gut, especially at about 6:45 up to Rick Wakemans solo which just soars.

Robbie Robertson, Ghost Dance is downright spooky.

You don't stand a chance against my prayers,
You don't stand a chance against my love
They outlawed the Ghost Dance
but we shall live again,we shall live again

Loreena McKennit, Book of Secrets

Soomething these are really good at are portaying are emotions,

I am sensing a very subtle shift as they rack up some time

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #15,877 of 18,459

Quote:
Ok, switched to digital today.

Put on Starship Trooper, the Keys to Ascension live version. I always go to this sooner or later when trying out new phones.

This thing nails it. Chris Squires baseline is coming from the gut, especially at about 6:45 up to Rick Wakemans solo which just soars.

Robbie Robertson, Ghost Dance is downright spooky.

You don't stand a chance against my prayers,
You don't stand a chance against my love
They outlawed the Ghost Dance
but we shall live again,we shall live again

Loreena McKennit, Book of Secrets

Soomething these are really good at are portaying are emotions,

I am sensing a very subtle shift as they rack up some time

I saw Rick Wakeman play once.   1970 Or 71.  Can't remember.

With the LCD-2 r.2 there is just a bit of congestion in a small part of the upper midrange that will clear up as burn in progresses.    The soundstage layering which is excellent from the start will relax and get even better and more dimensional. Eventually everything will fall into place.

Jul 31, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #15,878 of 18,459
Two points/questions on the comfort of the LCD-2 with the leather headband:

Where on your head do you find the most comfortable position for the LCD-2 headband? 
When I place the headband over the 'mid-brain' area, midway between the top of my forehead and the top-back corner of my head, I find the back-edge of the headband digs in to my head slightly. Placing the headband over the top and back of my head seems a bit more comfortable for me.

I never had many comfort issues with the metal/foam headband, but I'm finding the clamping force of the leather headband a bit much at times, to the point that I feel it necessary to remove the LCD-2. I never felt I had to take off the metal/foam headband version for that reason. Have you guys found the clamping force of the leather headband LCD-2 reduces with time? Have you found/would you recommend stretching the leather headband to make the LCD-2 more comfortable?

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #15,879 of 18,459
Just to confirm, does anyone know if Audez'e will likely be able to repair r1 drivers a few years from now if anything goes wrong with them?

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #15,880 of 18,459
Just to confirm, does anyone know if Audez'e will likely be able to repair r1 drivers a few years from now if anything goes wrong with them?

I doubt it, if it's the diaphragm, they'll have to replace it with a rev 2 diaphragm, if it's something else, it's probably the same component.
On the other hand, maybe they had a hundred or so rev 1 diaphragm stored somewhere in case of repairs :D

Email them, you'll get a more accurate answer.

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #15,881 of 18,459
Quote:
Have you guys found the clamping force of the leather headband LCD-2 reduces with time? Have you found/would you recommend stretching the leather headband to make the LCD-2 more comfortable?

It definitely does. I kind of miss the massive clamp, it doesn't fit as snug anymore.

Go right ahead and bend the headband a bit. As always do it carefully.

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #15,882 of 18,459
Just to say, I'm sitting here listening to music with the r2 LCD-2, or however you want to label them. They have maybe 12-15 hours on them, and I'm still hearing slight grain on vocals yadda yadda yadda. But, wow! Music with the this headphone is quite incredible - very clear yet still engaging.

It's been said in this thread that the wonders of the LCD-2 are revealed gradually over time, and that's now starting to become apparent to me now. I think Audez'e have got the sonic balance right with the current version, at time of writing, of the LCD-2 and stock cable and I'll be astonished if they can top it. Even if they don't, which they probably will, I think they've created a legendary headphone.

Thanks again, Alex and Sankar. 

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #15,883 of 18,459
You Guys have got to go out and get Phil Collins first solo album Face Value. An old album now and I have had it on vinyl, cassette and CD, Now it is lossless on my set up. Boy oh boy, I have never heard it sound so good as it does with the LCD's, it really reminds you why phil is one of the worlds greatest Drummers!! Add in the the Horn section of Earth Wind and Fire as session musicians and you have pure craft. I know, I know, there is a music thread but I wanted to post this one here as this album really deserves to be heard with these phones!

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #15,884 of 18,459
Quote:
It definitely does. I kind of miss the massive clamp, it doesn't fit as snug anymore.

Go right ahead and bend the headband a bit. As always do it carefully.

I placed the leather headband LCD-2 on an IKEA flower vase, which works great as a stand; the clamping force seems to have been reduced. 
Though I said it, I'm not so keen on bending the headband, so it's the flower vase method for now. 

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #15,885 of 18,459

Quote:
judging by the sound quality (or lack of!) of albums he has produced that I have heard I would say yes to that question... However, he does look cool wearing them and that is after all what buying headphones is all about is it not
biggrin.gif

Absolutely. I rarely have my LCDs plugged in. I just sit in front of the mirror admiring how totally Princess Leia I look wearing them. I always wanted to be a princess, and this may be the closest I get.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back