Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #1,516 of 13,134
LCD-2 only got kicked out of Summit-Fi because of all the talk it generated about non-TOTL equipment in Summit-Fi.  It is probably the least picky headphone in its price range in regards to amping.

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #1,518 of 13,134
Quote:

Hey DefQon I think what you're mixing up is what the speaker amp is rated at 8ohms versus what it can put out at 60ohms (which is the supposed impedance of the LCD-2)

65 Watts into 8ohms = 8.66Watts into 60ohms (just a little over half of the max Audez'e gives).

True that was the max into 8ohms. Thanks for reminding me.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #1,519 of 13,134
Just got the Audeze LCD-2 Rev. 2's, first time listening to them. My oh my, the mids are so full, rounded, and so smooth. Cello sounds fantastic on this song...

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #1,520 of 13,134
Definitely not the headphones for rock/metal :p
That's where I use my Ultrasone Edition 8 headphones.

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #1,522 of 13,134
Definitely not the headphones for rock/metal :p
That's where I use my Ultrasone Edition 8 headphones.

Hmmm I dunno about that... When I had LCD2r2 rock and metal were definitely what those cans did best IMHO. In fact might have kept them for that but the 3s excel and working much better for me. Haven't really found anything LCD3 doesn't reproduce beautifully. The 2r2s would rock with the schiit Mjolnir/Gungnir stack. The 3s do too...

Aug 11, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #1,524 of 13,134
Hmmm I dunno about that... When I had LCD2r2 rock and metal were definitely what those cans did best IMHO. In fact might have kept them for that but the 3s excel and working much better for me. Haven't really found anything LCD3 doesn't reproduce beautifully. The 2r2s would rock with the schiit Mjolnir/Gungnir stack. The 3s do too...

+1

LCD-2 do rock and metal better than anything else I've heard. Would love to get hold of LCD-3.

Aug 11, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #1,525 of 13,134
I enjoy the LCD2.2's for rock & metal myself but I prefer the HE6's & HD800's.

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #1,526 of 13,134
If I could get the LCD-2s to be as comfortable as the SR-009 or the HD800 I'm pretty sure it'd be the perfect headphone for me.  The low end slam is ridiculously addictive, and works well for the genres of music I listen to.

As it stands I can't really have it on my head for more than an hour or two without my jaw hurting, and this is with the headband being bent quite a bit and with vegan pads.  Again, LCD-3 bells are ringing since they're supposedly quite a bit more comfortable!

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #1,527 of 13,134
Quote:
If I could get the LCD-2s to be as comfortable as the SR-009 or the HD800 I'm pretty sure it'd be the perfect headphone for me.  The low end slam is ridiculously addictive, and works well for the genres of music I listen to.

As it stands I can't really have it on my head for more than an hour or two without my jaw hurting, and this is with the headband being bent quite a bit and with vegan pads.  Again, LCD-3 bells are ringing since they're supposedly quite a bit more comfortable!

I know what you mean. The only effective way I have found is a comfy chair with a head rest to lean back. That and 10 minute breaks every other hour or so. 
redface.gif

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #1,528 of 13,134
Really I don't know what all the fuss is about. I can wear them for hours and they're just as comfortable on me as Beyer T1, which are generally regarded as very comfortable. I guess I'm just lucky.

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #1,530 of 13,134
Comfort has always been different strokes for different folks. Some people have no issues wearing them all day long, and others can't stand them for longer than 5 minutes. Most of us fall somewhere inbetween. Taking a break every hour or so isn't bad and also leaning back on a comfy chair is also a good option as well. I can usually wear them for 3 to 4 hours, so I guess I have good neck strength. I also shift/tilt them slightly forward or backward sometimes if one place feels uncomfortable. I also find tigthening up the yoke or loosening it also helps since it changes where the pressure is added. Switching to the HE-500 provides relief as well since it puts stress on differnt parts of my head and also helps me not get bored. Now the HD650s are just light as air if you have them around. i think I might pick one up just because I miss them.

My LCD-2 is stuck somewhere in Montana. I hate the world for not delivering on Sundays! After a half-a-year LCD-2 withdraw I can't wait to be enraptured by Dat bass and Juicy Liquid Mids.
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back