Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #541 of 13,134
I got my LCD2 Rev2 on Saturday. And they are everything people say they are on the board, Im coming from hd650 powered by a Schiit asgard and/or Bottlehead Speedball.

The only thing I haven't got is the slamming bass people talk about. 
Do I need to go from the Asgard to Lyr to wake up these boys?

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #542 of 13,134

Quote:

Why not just get a balanced ADZ-6 cable? http://audeze.com/adz-6-b4

Apart from that, the only aftermarket cable vendor I'd personally buy from now is Moon Audio, who's very reputable. The Silver Dragon runs substantially cheaper than most other options from other cable vendors.

I have both a SD 3 and my LCD-2 Rev 2 from Drew :). Not looking for silver this time though.

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #543 of 13,134
not to restate the never ending lcd-2 cable thread but quite a few LCD-2,3 owner have bought the Q-audio cable and have been very happy with it.  It was also one the cheaper options when I was looking.

Quote:

Why not just get a balanced ADZ-6 cable? http://audeze.com/adz-6-b4

Apart from that, the only aftermarket cable vendor I'd personally buy from now is Moon Audio, who's very reputable. The Silver Dragon runs substantially cheaper than most other options from other cable vendors.

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #546 of 13,134
I was lucky enough to demo some LCD-2's this week. I really loved the the sound, but had a couple of fit/comfort issues that are holding me back. Anyone else have problems with the cable connections hitting your collarbone/shoulders and dislodging the headphones? I had it happen several times and couldn't seem to adjust them to avoid this happening. My other problem was heat. Even though I was in a 65 degree room, after several songs my ears were hot. Not so hot I had to stop using them, but I wondered if I could even use them in the summer.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #547 of 13,134

Quote:
Quote:
I'm currently enjoying some bass heavy music on my LCD-2. The bass is delicious. I think I'll have another spoon of it.

Yes, I am simply enamored by these phones...they make me WANT to listen to music ALL the time!

You too? 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #548 of 13,134
My pair arrived a few days ago. Currently "appreciating" them for the first time (had to build up a wee bit more anticipation to make the payoff all the sweeter), and all I can say is WOW! Since they're only my second pair of higher-end phones (my FA-003s are feeling very neglected at the moment), this experience is the auditory equivalent of losing one's virginity to a gang of sex-starved supermodels. The Who's "Baba O'Riley" has never sounded so good. (Incidentally, I think that just became my new top track for auditioning/christening speakers and headphones.)

As this is my debut post here, I want to say a big, general "THANK YOU" to all who contribute to this site and these forums.  Before I found this place - and despite having classified myself as an audiophile for as long as I can remember - I was just a naive babe lost in the dark and scary woods full of headphone brands, technologies and accessories.  It all would have been pretty overwhelming were it not for the guidance I sought and found here, so I am most grateful.  (I just looked for a smiley to add, but was dismayed to find that the top-ranked headphone on the site doesn't have its own - an unconscionable oversight!)

Enough of my rambling, I've got some sweet new cans to break in and a near-limitless supply of music with which to do so.  LCD-2s, consider yourselves appreciated.  Ditto, head-fi.org.  

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #550 of 13,134
The bass on mine is incredible, but it is not exaggerated. I am using the Dacmini with the LCD-2. The headphones do not add bass that is not in the song. Try listening to some very bass heavy songs to see how it sounds then you will know if there is a problem with the amp/Lcd-2.

Enjoy your headphones.

Quote:
I got my LCD2 Rev2 on Saturday. And they are everything people say they are on the board, Im coming from hd650 powered by a Schiit asgard and/or Bottlehead Speedball.

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #551 of 13,134

Quote:

Two things to reiterate, you are not going to get what the song doesn't have itself, your equipment is only as good as the source.
In addition, you have to have the right amp to drive the phones too...ibasso p4 single ended and the PB1/2 balanced are perfect for the LCD2

LOVES ME MY LCD2s!!!!

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #552 of 13,134
Hey I've been trying to find out any reviews of the LCD-2 Rev 2 with Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 cable.

Does anyone have any comments on how the cable is in comparison to the stock 1/4" terminated plug?

Thanks alot,

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #555 of 13,134
Hi everyone

I got my new LCD-2 revision 2's 23 February 2012.  My previous headphones were Grado 325is, which are VERY bright.  In comparison I find the Audeze's very, very dark with noticeable lack of treble.  I would describe them as sometimes claustrophobic, a boxed in kind of sound, I am hoping this is because I am used to the Grado sound and I will get used to my LCD's.  In all other areas I find my LCD's wonderful, astonishing bass and imaging, etc.  

I am hoping my ears will get used to them, I want so much to love them.  Did this happen to you?  What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back