Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 16, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #511 of 13,140
Really? I haven't seen that particular graph...

I suppose progress is inevitable. But I can't hear the need for it, through my rev 1. I just listened to the Kieslowski's Blue sountrack from the colors trilogy (classical music) - and although I know that it supposedly should have had more pronounced and extended highs and wider 3D headstage (through a rev 2) I have to confess here that I thought it sounded amazing just as it was through my rev 1.

Quote:
Tyll and headroom publish graphs of square wave/rise time, yes.  Nobody regularly provides waterfall plots.  The only waterfall plots I've seen for the LCD-2 were from Audeze themselves for the v1's.

Jul 16, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #512 of 13,140
Had my Rev 2 LCDS for 3 weeks now, it took 3 days before I sold my AKG 702s and my Schiit Asgard.

Have a Schitt Lyr on order.

The Asgard played very well, but I have a SOHAii that I built that really sound awesome with them.

I find I really crank it up on the tracks I like...

Fourplays "Between the Sheets" first track called 'Chant' is the type of music that sounds so very very good to show off the capabilities of the LCD2's..the drums and bass are so very much life like.....

Hoping that the extra powere the Lyr will bring will really open things up even more....

Its very easy to get lost in the music with these cans....I am always smiling and thinking oh thats what that really sounds like, and hey thats wood on metal sounding..

All the best
Alex

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #513 of 13,140

Quote:
I would upgrade the tube. The tube will always make more a difference than a cable. People agree that tubes make changes, that is not always the case with the cable. I am not trying to start a debate here, just answering his question.

x2.  Good advice.

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #514 of 13,140

Quote:

The Metric Halo ULN-2 is a pretty good all-in-one solution. You'll be fine.

I'd personally opt for an amp with more current output, but I don't think you'll be unhappy.

Thanks for that! Yeah, I'm pretty sure that for mobile recording and monitoring, this will be a great solution! Also excellent for getting a rough mix done on the road. Really looking forward to getting these - thanks for your input. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
C'mmon, who are you kidding?  Roughly, p-p to RMS value is simply (p-p value) / (sqrt 2) or, in this case, 32Vp-p / 1.414213562373095 = 22.62741699796952 V RMS.

He didn't say 16v p-p, he said +/- 16V max.  That's 32V p-p.  One period is 32V, 16V is one half period.

BTW, welcome to Head-Fi, mild, and sorry about your wallet.  
wink_face.gif

Thanks kwkarth! It's nice to be here... seems to be some pretty intense gearheads on here, which I can definitely dig.

I'll be sure to post some pics of my Rev. 2's when they arrive! Perhaps a nice nature shot or something... :)

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #517 of 13,140
The Lyr has arrived with a pair of 6BZ7's...I have all of about 10 minutes listening!!!
Makes me a real expert!! LOL

Very nice build quality, nice ceramic sockets!! Weighs a ton. SOLID.

Listneing to Jennifer Warnes "The Hunter" Its sounds sooooooo good.

The Way Down Deep track is a 10 out of 10.

Will listen for a few hours and explore my library of favorites and compare with my SOHA ii DIY..

What a wonderul pairing with these cans.....volume ok at 9am, better at 10am...starts really opening up.

Later
Alex

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #519 of 13,140

Quote:
The Lyr has arrived with a pair of 6BZ7's...I have all of about 10 minutes listening!!!
Makes me a real expert!! LOL

Very nice build quality, nice ceramic sockets!! Weighs a ton. SOLID.

Listneing to Jennifer Warnes "The Hunter" Its sounds sooooooo good.

The Way Down Deep track is a 10 out of 10.

Will listen for a few hours and explore my library of favorites and compare with my SOHA ii DIY..

What a wonderul pairing with these cans.....volume ok at 9am, better at 10am...starts really opening up.

Later
Alex

That's good news!  Glad you're liking the Lyr.

I love that track on the Hunter.  I used to drive my Vandersteen 3a speakers into thermal shut-down with that track
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #520 of 13,140

Quote:
I would upgrade the tube. The tube will always make more a difference than a cable. People agree that tubes make changes, that is not always the case with the cable. I am not trying to start a debate here, just answering his question. 

I have almost the same opinion.
Tube changing is for me a cheaper way compare to cable changing.  I can't notice much difference  ,when I use cheap cable,but with some good cables like the Zeus Cable or SAA Endorphin It's easy to me to tell that the sound really improoved. That means you have to pay  much money to see the change. But with the Tubes  you don't need that much money (except you change your tubes to some pricey tubes) to make you see the difference

Sep 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #521 of 13,140
Gah. I hate this :wink:

I just listened to some LCD-2's in person, switching back and forth between my HD 650's. LCD-2's are so so much nicer sounding to me, I'm annoyed, because now I really want to buy them. I mean my HD 650's are very nice and I still really like them. But the LCD-2's are on a whole new level :)

Oh well... maybe I can cut back on food or something to justify buying some :D

Sep 3, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #522 of 13,140
Or that second kidney that you don't need
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 3, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #523 of 13,140
> Or that second kidney that you don't need :p

EXACTLY. Thanks that's a perfect idea! :D. *googles organ transplant surgeons*

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #524 of 13,140
Just upgraded my dac from a HRT MSii to a fully isolated MSii + USB dac and with a Schiit Lyr Amp and the LCD2's REV 2 its now even better that it was before.

The tonality is just divine...very, very accurate all around...listening to Chris Rea, Road to Hell is fantastic.

Its so amazing that music can sound so accurate, warm, and solid all at the same time...

Keiko Matsui's 24 bit Cherry Blossom is sweet...

Its hard to stop listening!!

Its hard to imagine it getting any better.....

Alex

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #525 of 13,140
I just wanted to follow up on the warranty registration issue from the presently-closed "Audeze LCD-2 Orthos" thread. It looks like if you bought the LCD-2 directly from Audeze's website, registration isn't necessary as the only choices available re where they were purchased from are "Dealer" and "Thirdparty".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back