Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #13,111 of 13,132
Need your help guys, with a revision question. Never discussed on this forum before right =).

Found a used LCD2 with the date 18 august 2015 on the certificate of authenticity. Seller says this is a fazor version. Are there more revisions between this one from 2015 and 2018 when they started to change headband and pads?

Jan 21, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #13,112 of 13,132
Need your help guys, with a revision question. Never discussed on this forum before right =).

Found a used LCD2 with the date 18 august 2015 on the certificate of authenticity. Seller says this is a fazor version. Are there more revisions between this one from 2015 and 2018 when they started to change headband and pads?
I am pretty sure that the LCD-2 only changed the headband/pads after they updated it to the fazor. If you want to check here for a more accurate timeline: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/y2bm7x/audeze_openbacks_chronology/

Jan 21, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #13,115 of 13,132
Hi,

What can I do if I have headache after an hour wearing a prefazor LCD2? Are there headbands that can fix this? If yes, can you recommend me some budget options?
I first tried replacing the old cushioned headband with one of Audeze's spring steel suspension headbands, but this made the comfort worse for me (YMMV). I'm now using a Lohb strap, I found one on ebay for £35 new, and it really has improved the long term comfort. I don't see them on ebay now, although I have seen them in a few other online sellers in the past. The strap doesn't make the headphone any lighter of course, if your problem is that the top of your head gets sore the strap is a lifesaver, but if it's your neck getting tired maybe try propping a cushion behind you?

Jan 21, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #13,116 of 13,132
Hi,

What can I do if I have headache after an hour wearing a prefazor LCD2? Are there headbands that can fix this? If yes, can you recommend me some budget
I have also used the Lohb strap with great success on the older style headbands. But I think the new style headbands does basically the same thing. But I guess it’s highly dependent on the actual shape of your head.

Jan 21, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #13,119 of 13,132
The Lohb strap were made by a user on this forum, dont know if he still actively makes them, you can occasionly find them on e-bay. Looks like this:
1705862684464.png

Otherwise the official suspension band from Audeze:
https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-spring-steel-suspension-headband

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #13,121 of 13,132
Jan 22, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #13,122 of 13,132
You know what? I will DIY this. Can you help me with writing down the parameters? I mean the length of each side please?
Sorry this isnt my unit. I dont have any at hand. But it for sure wouldnt be difficult to put together with a pieze of leather and som elastic ribbons. Hardest part would be to sew through the leather i reckon.

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #13,123 of 13,132
Sorry this isnt my unit. I dont have any at hand. But it for sure wouldnt be difficult to put together with a pieze of leather and som elastic ribbons. Hardest part would be to sew through the leather i reckon.
Alright, thanks for all your help!

Then I am asking all of you if you can provide the dimensions of the Lohb strap. I would really appriciate it!

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #13,125 of 13,132
Hello guys,
My LCD-2 rev2 prefaz's right driver died today after a long time left unused. I am so disappointed. I have always cosseted my headphone through the years though the pads and stock cable have kept falling apart.
In recent years I have realized that if my LCD2 was not paired with the best class-A or tube amps that had great microdynamic and thin sound sign, the headphones could not compete with good dynamic headphones in term of musicality and depth of music. But it is good to have a beautiful planar headphone nearby :frowning2:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back