Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #12,601 of 13,134
Lmao, using audi bmw or merc for an analogy for sennheiser build is hilarious. All three car companies produces trash nowadays. How i know? I've had 2 out of 3 and i have friends that are master techs for all three companies. consensus says DONT EVER BUY ONE. They will start falling apart after 2-3 yrs. Thats why you lease them, not buy.

anyways, is the carbon fiber suspension headband worth the price increase over the steel version?
1. This is not my experience at all hence using the analogy.

2. No, it's the same just a different material. I personally don't think the modern carbon fiber look suits the wooden cups either, looks wrong.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #12,602 of 13,134

2. No, it's the same just a different material. I personally don't think the modern carbon fiber look suits the wooden cups either, looks wrong.
Actually im using the headband to mod the he6se v2. thought i ask over here since more people would have the experience with both of them.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #12,603 of 13,134
And, do not forget Audeze lawyers and the FAQ section
Lmao, using audi bmw or merc for an analogy for sennheiser build is hilarious. All three car companies produces trash nowadays. How i know? I've had 2 out of 3 and i have friends that are master techs for all three companies. consensus says DONT EVER BUY ONE. They will start falling apart after 2-3 yrs. Thats why you lease them, not buy.

anyways, is the carbon fiber suspension headband worth the price increase over the steel version?
not bad 3 years. A tesla can not be out there for more than 2 weeks without having to visit boxes. same for a koenisseg or pagani. But of course, every single tesla driver, pagani driver and koenisseg driver, if you can call that driving, will deny this. But it is all about research, even audeze indicates this in the manual or in the conditions, and it is very clear that that is not covered by the warranty. I just do not want to be in that situation that for whatever reason that happens to me and I have a 900€ piece of trash hanging from my head. Now, it was like a pagani or one of those cars, to be kept in the garage and not use them, then would be fine.

There was one guy, he bought a pagani, but the guy pretended to drive it in LA!!! LOL!! what an innocent sweetheart. HE sold it to a guy who understands these cars, this guy knows these things you do not drive them, and put the pagani with his other 9 Ferrari. Just like people in this forum who knows headphones and knows the paganis. I´m gonna buy me a Volkswagen Scirocco folks, a German made car. Or a porsche 911, or the small one not the boxer, the other one. Pagani for you, crap it to Italy for mainteinance... no thank you. I like 30 minutes from Germany, I will buy me an 80's porsche, naturally aspirated and with parts exchangeable from 1964 to 1993... Yeah man, I will get me a porsche and go to Nurbur ring and use the damn thing. I do not want a car to be looked at and not driving, that is very sad, I am not that old as you guys, I will go to nurbur ring first, then in 20-30 years I will be as old as you guys, and I will buy me an audeze.

Indeed. Check the weight difference, I think it was around 60g. also carbon fiber is very strong, but not to impacts, if it cracks a bit, it is fibers, like wood, will break fast. Steel very hard even to bend it, and it will bent, not break. Certainly carbon + wood terrible combo, but hey, this is a USA product. Not sonus faber, thanks god though!!

Mar 24, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #12,605 of 13,134
Short answer no, it's pretty expensive for what it is, and I have one. But it does save you 20g (60g down to 40g)
yeah only reason i was considering the carbon fiber was because of the weight shaving. but is it a big enough decrease where i would notice it after an hr of it being on my head.
And, do not forget Audeze lawyers and the FAQ section

not bad 3 years. A tesla can not be out there for more than 2 weeks without having to visit boxes. same for a koenisseg or pagani. But of course, every single tesla driver, pagani driver and koenisseg driver, if you can call that driving, will deny this. But it is all about research, even audeze indicates this in the manual or in the conditions, and it is very clear that that is not covered by the warranty. I just do not want to be in that situation that for whatever reason that happens to me and I have a 900€ piece of trash hanging from my head. Now, it was like a pagani or one of those cars, to be kept in the garage and not use them, then would be fine.

There was one guy, he bought a pagani, but the guy pretended to drive it in LA!!! LOL!! what an innocent sweetheart. HE sold it to a guy who understands these cars, this guy knows these things you do not drive them, and put the pagani with his other 9 Ferrari. Just like people in this forum who knows headphones and knows the paganis. I´m gonna buy me a Volkswagen Scirocco folks, a German made car. Or a porsche 911, or the small one not the boxer, the other one. Pagani for you, crap it to Italy for mainteinance... no thank you. I like 30 minutes from Germany, I will buy me an 80's porsche, naturally aspirated and with parts exchangeable from 1964 to 1993... Yeah man, I will get me a porsche and go to Nurbur ring and use the damn thing. I do not want a car to be looked at and not driving, that is very sad, I am not that old as you guys, I will go to nurbur ring first, then in 20-30 years I will be as old as you guys, and I will buy me an audeze.

Indeed. Check the weight difference, I think it was around 60g. also carbon fiber is very strong, but not to impacts, if it cracks a bit, it is fibers, like wood, will break fast. Steel very hard even to bend it, and it will bent, not break. Certainly carbon + wood terrible combo, but hey, this is a USA product. Not sonus faber, thanks god though!!
i agree with you on the porche. Had a chance to drive my friends 911-T from vegas back to LA recently and can whole heartily say that no car i have driven felt more at home going triple digits and going around a mountain pass. it was enough to say that i will eventually get a gt3. Plus, its one of the high end manufactures left thats still producing a manual transmission. But for now, (same reason i'm gonna get a pair audeze again and why i have a jot 2 coming) i have a 2019 cts-v or ct5 blackwing in my sights, MURICA!!! lol

Mar 25, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #12,606 of 13,134
I found a shop in Norway that has two pairs of brown vegan pads, Im guessing theyre the old type. Don`t know about shipping tho, probably a lot.

https://njal.no/audeze/27789/audeze-øreputer-lcd-brun-velur-øreputer-lcd-serie-i-brun-velur

And in regards to Audeze quality, my pair of 2012 LCD-2 are working flawlessly. I even dropped them from about 1 meter right to the floor, no issues what so ever.

Oh my god. I've emailed them since I cant really read anything on the site.... But if they have an untouched pair I. Need. It. *Crosses fingers*

I've already went ahead and ordered these: https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dekoni-audio-ear-pads-fit-audeze-lcd-series-headphones-sheepskin/ But they are on backorder and despite people here saying they change sound for the better, I'm very cautious of the claim. Though I really want something that works better with glassses so I figured I don't have much other choice. You just got my hopes up way too much :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #12,607 of 13,134
Oh my god. I've emailed them since I cant really read anything on the site.... But if they have an untouched pair I. Need. It. *Crosses fingers*

I've already went ahead and ordered these: https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dekoni-audio-ear-pads-fit-audeze-lcd-series-headphones-sheepskin/ But they are on backorder and despite people here saying they change sound for the better, I'm very cautious of the claim. Though I really want something that works better with glassses so I figured I don't have much other choice.
$146 + shipping :scream:

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #12,608 of 13,134
$146 + shipping :scream:
I mean, yeah thats pretty bad... But where else can you find these pads? I looked around as many stores and used sites I could and found absolutely nothing in the US. The fact that there is even 2 pairs out there in brand new condition is a miracle to me as is lmao. I will see if/how they reply and if I could potentially ask them for a lower price, but we will see. Maybe the Dekoni pads are actually better and will work for me *Shrugs* Who knows. I'm open to possibly buying them though.

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #12,609 of 13,134
I mean, yeah thats pretty bad... But where else can you find these pads? I looked around as many stores and used sites I could and found absolutely nothing in the US. The fact that there is even 2 pairs out there in brand new condition is a miracle to me as is lmao. I will see if/how they reply and if I could potentially ask them for a lower price, but we will see. Maybe the Dekoni pads are actually better and will work for me *Shrugs* Who knows. I'm open to possibly buying them though.
I see you are after Dekoni sheepskin pads. I thought you are looking for velour ones?

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #12,610 of 13,134

I've already went ahead and ordered these: https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dekoni-audio-ear-pads-fit-audeze-lcd-series-headphones-sheepskin/ But they are on backorder and despite people here saying they change sound for the better, I'm very cautious of the claim. Though I really want something that works better with glassses so I figured I don't have much other choice. You just got my hopes up way too much :sweat_smile:
Hope it works out. I changed from stock leather to Dekoni sheepskins on my 2012 LCD-2s, and personally I think they sounded better. I did have the Dekoni velours in between, so no direct comparison, but man, the Dekoni velours sounded terrible on the 2012 LCD-2s.

The Dekonis sheepskins are a bit thicker and softer than the stock pads, might pair better with glasses.

Btw. Im norwegian and can help you with translation issues if it occurs.

Mar 25, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #12,611 of 13,134
I see you are after Dekoni sheepskin pads. I thought you are looking for velour ones?
I'm looking for anything that is comfortable with glasses and doesn't change the sound too much, thats it. I know 100% the old vegan pads fit this, I don't know if anything else does.

I actually own the Dekoni choice suede and velour because I bought them from my LCD2 Classics, but I don't have any spare glue rings to test them on my new pre-fazors. And basing off the comments searching trough this thread, I haven't bothered trying because people say it sounds worse. If Audeze didn't glue their damn pads I would have already tried but if I remove these current pads I wont have any way to put them back on. Also afraid of damaging them, since then I wont have any older leather pads either and I really don't want to mess with the sound much.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #12,612 of 13,134
I'm looking for anything that is comfortable with glasses and doesn't change the sound too much, thats it. I know 100% the old vegan pads fit this, I don't know if anything else does.

I actually own the Dekoni choice suede and velour because I bought them from my LCD2 Classics, but I don't have any spare glue rings to test them on my new pre-fazors. And basing off the comments searching trough this thread, I haven't bothered trying because people say it sounds worse. If Audeze didn't glue their damn pads I would have already tried but if I remove these current pads I wont have any way to put them back on. Also afraid of damaging them, since then I wont have any older leather pads either and I really don't want to mess with the sound much.
If they didn't glue their pads, you could see the condition of the film layer of the driver, and if it doesnt look perfect, people would send them back. With glued pads, it is so expensive to swap them, that most people would not remove the pad. If the pads were not glue, it's a ton of extra cost for them in warranties. So you can clearly see here, pads will always be glued, more convenient, for them.

Mar 25, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #12,613 of 13,134
If they didn't glue their pads, you could see the condition of the film layer of the driver, and if it doesnt look perfect, people would send them back. With glued pads, it is so expensive to swap them, that most people would not remove the pad. If the pads were not glue, it's a ton of extra cost for them in warranties. So you can clearly see here, pads will always be glued, more convenient, for them.
I haven't tried this myself, but I believe you can remove the outer grill and the foam dust cover to expose the driver if you wanted to inspect it. May be easier than removing the adhered ear pads.

Also, I don't think they adhere the pads to the cups to hid anything or make it more difficult for the user to inspect the driver for imperfections / defects / wrinkles. It's just a less expensive method of mating the pads to the cups. They use a $0.50 circular ID/OD die cut ring of pressure sensitive adhesive with release liner and that's it.

Mar 25, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #12,614 of 13,134
It's £10 for some adhesive rings if you really want to remove/refit them to inspect drivers from the pad side. I imagine any major damage could probably be viewed from the grill side which is even easier to get to. Audeze claim it's to ensure a better seal which I don't doubt. Unlikely they're building these cans to hide damage. The driver warranty is more generous than most (if not all) headphone manufacturers and you get another 3 years on any repair.

They are clearly not the brand or headphones for you though, and that's okay.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #12,615 of 13,134
The part of the pad glued, will get damaged from removal, just look at photos from people who did so, so forget about swappung pads like in any other headphines. Difficulty on swapping pads it's clearly on their favor, save them a ton on warranty. About the double tape, you can buy 3M double side tape in several materials and sizes, but a damaged pad costs about 99$ plus shipping. Or pretty much 150€ shipped in Europe. But you can convince yourself that this Pagani/Koessig thing is real, it is a great analogy, and it is very very very true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back