Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #12,586 of 13,134
I agree, I did some research online, and there are just 10-30 times more complaints about audeze online than sennheiser, it is definitely an isolated problem. And no one has needed to swap the drivers 3 times, most people one or twice, LOL.

Probaby 2C has a thicker driver, that is why it sounds worse, have less warranty costs, it is cheaper. Still a rip off for such a low reliability, this comment will be censored anyways, so...

and let me guess, you sold it already before warranty expires, right? LOL
Nope. Still my favorite and most used headphones.

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #12,587 of 13,134
And is the driver broken? Who knows, right? Since the earpad is fully glued so you can't see it. I bet it saves them a lot of mobey to have the pads glued.

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #12,588 of 13,134
Got my first Fazor LCD-2 in 2017 and it works flawlessly
Mine were built in 2017 too and I use them every day.
I agree, I did some research online, and there are just 10-30 times more complaints about audeze online than sennheiser
Sennheisers are mass produced using simple tech they've used for decades. No one will deny it's harder to kill a HD600 than an LCD2 but that's like comparing an Audi to a Koenigsegg.

For what it's worth I used to own a HD800 and the paint practically fell off. Then the cable broke.

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #12,590 of 13,134
And is the driver broken? Who knows, right? Since the earpad is fully glued so you can't see it. I bet it saves them a lot of mobey to have the pads glued.
What is this sudden anger against Audeze? Did you have an LCD breaking on you?

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #12,593 of 13,134
I agree, I did some research online, and there are just 10-30 times more complaints about audeze online than sennheiser, it is definitely an isolated problem. And no one has needed to swap the drivers 3 times, most people one or twice, LOL.
My girlfriend has had 2 Sennheiser products break on her, a PC37x then a PC38x (With plenty of people on those forums complaining about the same issues) while I have had 0 Audeze issues with any of mine nor any of my friends that own there's. I will not believe that Audeze has more failures then Sennheiser, considering how many products Sennheiser ships/sells they are guaranteed to have more issues, period.

You clearly have your mind setup, cool. It's fine if you don't want to buy one because you read 10-20 people having issues over a course of probably 10+ years with the product. No one is forcing you, but there's no real basis that current Audeze headphones that work will one day break for no reason anymore then any other headphones.

Btw, seeing a lot of folks were left disappointed by the LCD2C compared to their previous original classic LCD2 rev2 pre Fazor, and also by the newer Fazor model... I was shocked how great Audezes can be, with the AutoEQ oratory1990 PEQ presets. Using Windows EQ APO / PEACE apps in my case. Highly recommended.
I have tried the EQ preset, didn't work for me personally, I am planning on selling my Classics sometime this coming week. I still think the Classics are fairly priced and overall they aren't bad headphones. I had fun with them, they just aren't what I was looking for while the pre-fazor was. And I personally was disappointed because they sell them as "LCD-2 with pre-fazor sound" when they sound nothing like the classical LCD2's....

Market them differently and I'm fine with them as headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #12,595 of 13,134
I have tried the EQ preset, didn't work for me personally, I am planning on selling my Classics sometime this coming week. I still think the Classics are fairly priced and overall they aren't bad headphones. I had fun with them, they just aren't what I was looking for while the pre-fazor was. And I personally was disappointed because they sell them as "LCD-2 with pre-fazor sound" when they sound nothing like the classical LCD2's....

Me too, my LCD2 rev2 were definitely a better deal at the time than the my LCD2C are now, for me at least. Must say the PEQ kind of made me forget about those tho. However, the LCD2C does seem to be more grainy, less resolving, regardless of tonality, PEQ. Guess people buying today, would be better off spending some more to get the LCD2 Fazor, for better technicalities and luxury trumps the extra cost.

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #12,596 of 13,134
At least Audeze headphones can be repaired, unlike Kennerton who didn't have a part for a two year old headphone.
LOL, yes, replacing both drivers, costs a bollock each, only, really cheap. RE-LOL.

Mine were built in 2017 too and I use them every day.

Sennheisers are mass produced using simple tech they've used for decades. No one will deny it's harder to kill a HD600 than an LCD2 but that's like comparing an Audi to a Koenigsegg.

For what it's worth I used to own a HD800 and the paint practically fell off. Then the cable broke.

That is a very good comparison thank you. I certainly want an Audi. Or BMW, or Porsche. Which one, not sure yet, but certainly, yes, I want a trusty and well priced Audi which warranty I probably will not need to use. I certainly do not want an overpriced Koenigsegg that costs 200€ each kilometer, can be broken before even get it started and well, it is a Koenigsegg. Could be a even a Ferrari, or a Pagani. This is like a Pagani apparently, lot of wasted money and angry people, at a rate of 100/1 compared to sennheiser. But people who payed for the Pagani, still says it's the bees knees. Not really. Unreliable stuff never the bees knees folks, sorry.

Should say this in another thread, but if I write this about audeze on the 6xx thread everyone would agree. LOL

My girlfriend has had 2 Sennheiser products break on her, a PC37x then a PC38x (With plenty of people on those forums complaining about the same issues) while I have had 0 Audeze issues with any of mine nor any of my friends that own there's. I will not believe that Audeze has more failures then Sennheiser, considering how many products Sennheiser ships/sells they are guaranteed to have more issues, period.

You clearly have your mind setup, cool. It's fine if you don't want to buy one because you read 10-20 people having issues over a course of probably 10+ years with the product. No one is forcing you, but there's no real basis that current Audeze headphones that work will one day break for no reason anymore then any other headphones.

20 people? 20 people is 40 drivers, those folks at Audeze HQ can fix in one day brother. 20 people!!!! go to reddit, or google. Read the comments. Video I linked, read the comments. I made no mind setup, no. I have no opinion about this, I have no Audeze. It's what reality is saying, not me. Reality, not the guys who payed for the Pagani.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #12,597 of 13,134
Keeping these this time, no doubt. Just need to decide whether I want to spend the extra $125 or the extra $200 for the steel vs carbon fiber headband. And I need to try and find either the original vegan pads (Which I doubt I will be able to) or find something that wont change the sound sig too much and let me wear glasses more comfortably.

Any suggestions appreciated!
I found a shop in Norway that has two pairs of brown vegan pads, Im guessing theyre the old type. Don`t know about shipping tho, probably a lot.

https://njal.no/audeze/27789/audeze-øreputer-lcd-brun-velur-øreputer-lcd-serie-i-brun-velur

And in regards to Audeze quality, my pair of 2012 LCD-2 are working flawlessly. I even dropped them from about 1 meter right to the floor, no issues what so ever.

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #12,598 of 13,134
I have some LCD2Fs from 2016. They had very soft, lush leather ear pads which created a great seal. One night, I was a little sweaty, and pulled them off a little too quickly, and felt the vacuum seal break and the driver cut out.

They were repaired for a very reasonable price by the retailer, Scan UK. Interestingly, they also replaced the (slightly ragged) ear pads with much harder ones.

I wonder how much that vacuum seal created by soft (and very comfortable) ear pads has contributed to driver failures?

I still love them!

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #12,599 of 13,134
I wonder how much that vacuum seal created by soft (and very comfortable) ear pads has contributed to driver failures?

I still love them!

Plenty enough that Audeze included this information in their support FAQ (emphasis added):
One important note is that we strongly recommend exercising certain cautions when handling planar magnetic headphones: trapped air can create high pressure and sudden pressure changes could damage the diaphragms, and this is not covered by warranty. The same is true when you put the headphones on or take them off-- it's not a good idea to press them hard and fast against the head, so we recommend slow and steady movement to allow the air pressure to stabilize.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #12,600 of 13,134
Lmao, using audi bmw or merc for an analogy for sennheiser build is hilarious. All three car companies produces trash nowadays. How i know? I've had 2 out of 3 and i have friends that are master techs for all three companies. consensus says DONT EVER BUY ONE. They will start falling apart after 2-3 yrs. Thats why you lease them, not buy.

anyways, is the carbon fiber suspension headband worth the price increase over the steel version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back