Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #10,591 of 13,134
I have found myself in an unusual circumstance.

I have been given the option of trading my Audeze LCD 2.2 (pre fazor) for a pair of HD800S. I have spent a lot of time with both headphones and love them both.

I feel sentimentally attached to my LCD 2 but this is probably too good of a deal to turn down..

Thoughts?

DO IT.

The new HD800S is worth more money than a 2.2 LCD and he is silly to trade it to you. 

You can pick up a pre-fazor on the forums for half the cost of a HD800S. There is a pair on ebay right now ending in two days.

Seriously, why would the guy want to make that kind of trade when the HD800S is worth way more?

DO. NOT. DO. IT.

I didn't blink when I sold my LCD-3. HE-500 was a bit tough. Selling my LCD-2.2 pre-fazor in retrospect hurts the most. I've yet to hear something like that again. I sold it in the hopes for a better headphone (LCD-3), and it turned out to be better, but without the magic and emotion. If you have a pair that works well, then keep it!

I use HD 800 with Sonarworks, so I suppose that might get it close to the HD 800S, but still wouldn't risk losing that particular LCD-2 revision. You can always find a HD 800 on a daily/weekly basis with a good price and it doesn't matter when you get it as they all sound the same.

You should bid on the one on ebay right now if you miss them that much.

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #10,592 of 13,134
I have found myself in an unusual circumstance.

I have been given the option of trading my Audeze LCD 2.2 (pre fazor) for a pair of HD800S. I have spent a lot of time with both headphones and love them both.

I feel sentimentally attached to my LCD 2 but this is probably too good of a deal to turn down..

Thoughts?

I suggest find a good looking woman

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #10,594 of 13,134
I suggest find a good looking woman

Finally, someone is saying what we are all thinking

I already did
biggrin.gif
, actually more than one

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #10,596 of 13,134
  Unless you are gigolo maybe you should keep one woman and buy both headphones :)

I already have a LCD2 and HD800, but not the HD800S (heard them but not worth the price IMO)

As for the one woman, had one, but she had to move back home to Korea to run the family business so she told her friends to look after me, the reason for more than one

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #10,597 of 13,134
Hi. I'm contemplating picking up an lcd 2.

i have read various opinions on how it pairs with the woo wa2. I did hear it last week and thought it was good - particularly as a complementary headphone to my hd800. No doubt the lcd 2 would sound better with better suited amps - i can always burn that bridge later.

anyone hear had experience with the lcd 2 and wa2?

also wondering if the shedua wood started with this 2016 "version" of the lcd 2 that i read about?
if not when did the 2016 version start, if i can go by production dates as a guide?

is it a subjective call if the 2016 is different to the previous lot, or is it like i read earlier, perhaps more durable

any experienced advice for this newcomer to audezes would be much appreciated

thanks

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #10,599 of 13,134
yeah, i think having more than one can is the best way to go. sometimes a darker/warmer can is especially nice for badly recorded music, as its usually more forgiving, in my experience at least.

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #10,600 of 13,134
I avoided this problem by buying both the LCD2 and HD800. Glad I did as they are very different headphones yet they compliment one another at the same time.

yeah, i think having more than one can is the best way to go. sometimes a darker/warmer can is especially nice for badly recorded music, as its usually more forgiving, in my experience at least.
Having a tube amp allows me to tweak the sound abit too.

The amp i have was bought for the hd800 specifically as opposed to picking a versatile amp but i think the lcd2 will still be quite enjoyable

I was really surprised the other day how hollow the mids of he560 was after switchibg from the lcd2 i was demoing. Really hollow!

Ps i had enjoyed the he560 in the past it was more the comparison/switching over

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #10,602 of 13,134
Mar 2, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #10,604 of 13,134
WA2 is a great amp for HD800, not the best for LCD2, but some like it so you never know until you try.  A little surprised you found the mids of the HE560 hollow compared to the LCD2, but since we all hear differently hard to say.
It surprised me too re the he560
I think perhaps the wa2 works pretty well (but not the best combo) with the lcd2 for the warmer sound that im after but if the tubes im using are too warm then it might be overload and that bottom end And perhaps the he560 just does not fo with the wa2.

I have noticed in the path that the wa2 does make low impedance headphones seem shockingly woolly down low and some just don't work at all but ive found that the x2 that i have works well with a touch of eq to compensate for the otl effect.

On a side note i think the x2 is a fantastic vaue for money headphone. Good punch, very the price great detail amd great with movies as a result as well

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #10,605 of 13,134
It surprised me too re the he560
I think perhaps the wa2 works pretty well (but not the best combo) with the lcd2 for the warmer sound that im after but if the tubes im using are too warm then it might be overload and that bottom end And perhaps the he560 just does not fo with the wa2.

I have noticed in the path that the wa2 does make low impedance headphones seem shockingly woolly down low and some just don't work at all but ive found that the x2 that i have works well with a touch of eq to compensate for the otl effect.

On a side note i think the x2 is a fantastic vaue for money headphone. Good punch, very the price great detail amd great with movies as a result as well

Never heard the HE560 sound good on any OTL amp yet and like you the first thing I notice is the bass being muddy and all out of sorts.  The HE560 seem to be a little picky with various amps, more so than the LCD2 to me.  For movies I like the HD700, great surround sound and very dynamic, the X1 and X2 were just a touch too loose in the bass for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back