Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #10,291 of 13,134
  I had the 2.2 (pre Fazor) and it worked very nicely with the HA-1.  I've read many others recommending the pairing actually.  It was why I had bought the HA-1 originally.  I've since sold the LCD-2 and have been meaning to sell my HA-1 as well.

Never tried the Deckard though so can't comment on how it compares.

Good idea to sell. PM me with how much you want and pictures if you're serious.

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #10,292 of 13,134
Anyone else here use/have used the Oppo HA-1 with the LCD-2f? I've built cables for my LCD that will allow me to go balanced, and now I'm curious. I could sell my Deckard for my purchase price, but is it worth the upgrade?

I've read good things about the HA-1, but never had the opportunity to try it. I use the Audio-GD NFB-28, which is sort of a less flashy HA-1. A plethora of inputs and outputs, Balanced and Single-Ended headphone out, and phenomenal sound quality. Based solely on comparisons I've read, the NFB-28 is every bit the Oppo's equal.

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #10,294 of 13,134
I've read good things about the HA-1, but never had the opportunity to try it. I use the Audio-GD NFB-28, which is sort of a less flashy HA-1. A plethora of inputs and outputs, Balanced and Single-Ended headphone out, and phenomenal sound quality. Based solely on comparisons I've read, the NFB-28 is every bit the Oppo's equal.

...but I like the dancing lights! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #10,295 of 13,134
They are nice. :wink:

Jan 9, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #10,297 of 13,134
I'm thinking of DIY cables for the LCD-2, are there any 24-26 AWG cables you guys recommend?

Personally, I would recommend the Mogami 2534 if you want to go with 24. I like to order anything I can off of Amazon and it's probably one of the few things related to DIY cables that isn't ridiculously marked up (I believe it's $1.2 a foot). Plus 2 of the wires are blue and 2 are clear and they make for a sweet looking cable!! :)

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #10,299 of 13,134
  Put it this way. I love love the HD650. Owned one twice. Expect to own another again in the future but promised myself I'd get an HD800 or HD800S first. 

To me the LCD2 or at least the very one I'm listening to right now is much more dynamic - in the definition that quieter segments are quieter, louder passages are louder. The planar drivers on the LCD2, to my ears, have more resolution than what I ever heard on the HD650. But its odd, because its not as if the HD650 doesn't have detail, it just sounds a bit smeared - the 'veil' if you will. Although the LCD2 (and especially my version) is even more rolled off, it has alway had more fine detail even on the top end.

I'm sometimes at odds with the LCD2. Even in the past day, I'll listen to music on my D2000 and think "hey, I could almost just live with these" and toss around the idea of getting rid of my LCD2. But then, you sit down and really listen to a piece, something that is produced very well, and realize how awesome these still are.

Having one of those moments right now. I'm listening to a BT's new album right now, and he has impeccable production skills for electronic music. Listening to this album, it is so rich, spacious, and the bass - sometimes I think there isn't enough on the LCD2 - not so! it is perfect, especially with this album.

Not my most favourite music, but worth the experience.

Open in Youtube to watch in 4K if you have the resolution. For the impatient, bassier parts from 9minute on.

Just watched this from the 8th minute on and boy is it trippy! good find though

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #10,300 of 13,134
Been a week now since I've had these things. Every time I walk towards them and see them sitting on my desk I'm struck by their beauty. The music sounds much more clear and spacious and I'm always surprised at how little sounds sound so precise whether they be very tiny minute details, or sounds that sound like they came from somewhere inside my bedroom. It's pretty amazing. If there's one complaint I have with them, it would be that when they're on my head for hours at a time, sometimes the clamping does become slightly uncomfortable. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #10,301 of 13,134
Personally, I would recommend the Mogami 2534 if you want to go with 24. I like to order anything I can off of Amazon and it's probably one of the few things related to DIY cables that isn't ridiculously marked up (I believe it's $1.2 a foot). Plus 2 of the wires are blue and 2 are clear and they make for a sweet looking cable!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I got the Mogami 2893 in the end. The build looks fantastic. Price was reasonable as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back