Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 8, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #9,845 of 13,134
I have to admit, I'm a tad dissapointed as well. I ordered on the 24th of November, so today makes 2 whole weeks and no shipping confirmation. I called last Monday, the 28th, to see what the hold up was. The lady didn't answer the first 2 calls, but returned it later (which I was shocked by) and explained that they had just gotten back to the offices from the holidays, so it would be a few days before they could get the headphones out. I'm willing to wait, these are my end game dream headphones after all (still dying on the inside they were 50% off!). However, 2 weeks is a bit extreme. Especially given the tantalizing free 2 day shipping, I expected to have them the Saturday after I ordered. I hope they ship soon, I'm patient but the anxiety is wearing on me; I'm terrified they might have overlooked my order :sweat:

Edit: So just to clarify, because I don't know, you'll only get aluminum if you specified? Because I don't care for it and would MUCH rather the wood and leather.

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #9,848 of 13,134
I ordered on the 28th and mine arrive tomorrow. You're probably going to need to call if you want to see any kind of movement.

Lucky you I had a pair of lcd 2's their awesome sounding hp's..

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #9,850 of 13,134
I just received my aluminum today. (I actually originally specified aluminum haha). They sound great, and look great. However, I feel slightly underwhelmed compared to when I heard them at a hi-fi store. Same headphones, but the store had shedua wood. Don't get me wrong, they are the best thing I've ever owned (coming from m50x with no amp). Maybe i'm just not used to the sound. But when I heard them at the store they blew me away. Now at home they are awesome, but not as awesome as I remember hearing last saturday.

My set up is: PC front headphone jack (80% volume) >> cheap 3.5 mm cable >> O2 Amp >> Stock LCD-2 cable >> LCD-2f aluminum.

Store set up: Sony HDD player >> Audeze Deckard >> Stock LCD-2 cable >> LCD-2f Shedua.

The ones at the store sounded fuller, and the low end sounded deeper and more enveloping. Any idea what i'm missing for it so sound closer to the store sound? Also, the ones at the store had vocals coming from in front of me. Mine feel like the vocals are coming from the top of my head. Any ideas?

P.S. I'm sure the store ones have had plenty of hours to burn in.

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #9,851 of 13,134
I've been using the HD 600s and the OG HE-400s for quite some time now so this should be an interesting blend of the two.

The HE-400s really that good? I had the HE-400i (new one with 2.5mm connectors),and i thought it was nice, till I upgraded to the EL-8O (2016).

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #9,853 of 13,134
  I just received my aluminum today. (I actually originally specified aluminum haha). They sound great, and look great. However, I feel slightly underwhelmed compared to when I heard them at a hi-fi store. Same headphones, but the store had shedua wood. Don't get me wrong, they are the best thing I've ever owned (coming from m50x with no amp). Maybe i'm just not used to the sound. But when I heard them at the store they blew me away. Now at home they are awesome, but not as awesome as I remember hearing last saturday.

My set up is: PC front headphone jack (80% volume) >> cheap 3.5 mm cable >> O2 Amp >> Stock LCD-2 cable >> LCD-2f aluminum.

Store set up: Sony HDD player >> Audeze Deckard >> Stock LCD-2 cable >> LCD-2f Shedua.

The ones at the store sounded fuller, and the low end sounded deeper and more enveloping. Any idea what i'm missing for it so sound closer to the store sound? Also, the ones at the store had vocals coming from in front of me. Mine feel like the vocals are coming from the top of my head. Any ideas?

P.S. I'm sure the store ones have had plenty of hours to burn in.

Easy.  Sorry but the Deckard is a much better amp than the O2 for the LCD-2.  Bring your pair to the store and they will sound every bit as good as the pair that they have with the Deckard.  I'm not saying that you need the Deckard but I think that you should buy something like the Asgard 2 if you have the budget.  http://schiit.com/products/asgard-2

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #9,854 of 13,134
Right, it's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. I don't have the ODAC yet, which I was planning to get. But if something like an Asgard 2 alone will sound better than a O2+ODAC, then I would rather go the Asgard 2 route. I probably will take it to the store to check. It felt magical then. I bought this O2 only last week so there may be a chance I can return it. Thank you for the input!

Would I still need a Dac with the Asgard? Since the Deckard is an amp + dac?

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #9,855 of 13,134
Seems like your running on-board sound from your PC? That might not be helping, plus the front audio ports on most cases are usually very crappy and noisy, at least switch to the back ports on the motherboard.  But a better amp and dedicated DAC or good DAC/amp combo would do wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back