Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #9,798 of 13,139

Those look amazing! What's your impression on their sound?

Spectacular mids. Coming from TH-X00, these are the da bomb hands down

Also much much less sibilance than TH-X00
Better textured and layered bass than TH-X00

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #9,800 of 13,139
  Do I upgrade to the LCD-X orrrr just go with the alum LCD 2???

Hard decision, but a LCD-X for 1000 is really tempting. gahhhhhhhhhHHHH

if you have the money, why not upgrade.  hope they give you a new LCD-X and not a b-stock?

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #9,803 of 13,139
Just picked mine up today!  They actually arrived yesterday (2:30pm) but no one was home to sign for them.  I had them hold my package at the UPS office and grabbed them during my lunch today.  I was order 1400XX.  I got the Caribbean Rosewood.  They look great, if they are refurbished I can't tell!  

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #9,804 of 13,139
That is a gorgeous pair of headphones. Enjoy!

Just picked mine up today!  They actually arrived yesterday (2:30pm) but no one was home to sign for them.  I had them hold my package at the UPS office and grabbed them during my lunch today.  I was order 1400XX.  I got the Caribbean Rosewood.  They look great, if they are refurbished I can't tell!  

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #9,806 of 13,139
My new to me LCD-2's sound great, but the left mini xlr cable is only about a 1/3 as loud as the right.   I don't have a 1/4 in connector at work so I used Audeze's 1/4 to 3.5mm included adapter and two others 1/4 to 3.5mm apaters I had laying around and got the same results.  I tried different sources as well.  

If I switch the mini xlr cables around, right to left & left to right, I get the same thing.  So I know it's not the left driver that's causing the problem.  I'll check more tonight when I get home, my receiver has a 1/4 output just to be sure, but I have a feeling I'll be calling Audeze tomorrow to get a new cable.  

Edit:  If I put pressure on the 1/4 cable into the 3.5mm adapter I can get the left channel to play loud like the right.  I may just have to play with it a little more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back