Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #9,706 of 13,134
Wow, that is impressive. Do you know whether the rosewoods have the drivers from 2015 or 2016?

How about folks who got bamboo? Did you call Audeze to learn about the driver versions?

Rosewood with lambskin leather (am stoked).

As others have noted, except for the UPS box, there is no other way to see whether this is refurbished. The certificate of authenticity is dated 11/04/2016.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #9,708 of 13,134
  I called. They knew exactly what I was calling about. They are out of Wood. So, I opted for the Aluminum and he indicated that he would "try" and see about getting them out today (fingers crossed). It may be that they are working through repairs of the wood and trying to get those out the door. I've come to assume that I was getting the Aluminum anyway. Now... only if we had a 3rd party that was selling different types of wood rings for us to swap out (when the warranty is done of course). I mean... they do it for Wood cups on other headphones... why not these?

Someone contact "http://www.headphile.com/" and see if he can start making a few rings for those who want to swap

If that rings are removable. I'm sure experienced woodworkers with a lathe would be happy to take on the project. They would know best what kind of wood to use, and how to finish it. Reddit has a few subs with people like this. Especially the "Turning" subreddit.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #9,709 of 13,134
Checkout post no 9660 for an unboxing video of alum lcd2

Anyone have the Aluminum LCD-2? How do they look in person? Pics? I'm still not sure if I like the look or not.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #9,711 of 13,134
Called them. Said "hopefully will ship in a day or two."

I said that's nice but you guys said that all last week too.

He said "oh well we had a power outage. That's all the info I have."

So just a generic BS answer. They have no idea what's going on. This company should be ashamed of themselves.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #9,712 of 13,134
  I called. They knew exactly what I was calling about. They are out of Wood. So, I opted for the Aluminum and he indicated that he would "try" and see about getting them out today (fingers crossed). It may be that they are working through repairs of the wood and trying to get those out the door. I've come to assume that I was getting the Aluminum anyway. Now... only if we had a 3rd party that was selling different types of wood rings for us to swap out (when the warranty is done of course). I mean... they do it for Wood cups on other headphones... why not these?

Someone contact "http://www.headphile.com/" and see if he can start making a few rings for those who want to swap.

Do they really make swappable cups for LCD-2? I got the aluminium one from adorama (699$) and might be interested in wooden cups.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #9,713 of 13,134
  Do they really make swappable cups for LCD-2? I got the aluminium one from adorama (699$) and might be interested in wooden cups.

Well, I'm sure you'd have to send it out to be done... most anything can be done to any headphone. It just depends on if you want to lose warranty and how much do you want to pay.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #9,715 of 13,134
The same night

When your orders changed to "Completed - Waiting to ship," how long did it take for you guys to get a tracking number?

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #9,716 of 13,134
  When your orders changed to "Completed - Waiting to ship," how long did it take for you guys to get a tracking number?

​I was one of the first people to receive my B-Sale LCD's. They arrived last Wednesday and I ordered early in the evening on 11.23. I never received tracking information...my order still says "Complete - - Waiting to Ship" under my account tab:)

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #9,718 of 13,134
Well I guess I'll join the "contact them about my order group". It is kind of baffling that they haven't had a blanket statement sent out to all people that ordered during the sale, It has to be a huge headache for them to answer all these people one by one.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #9,720 of 13,134
Purchased my LCD-2 on the 24 November, Order No: 1400xx. Requested for the Rosewood during my order.

I had mine shipped to my friend in Wisconsin first because the shipment to Singapore was USD70. 

Convinced myself to be patient for the wait :)

Anyway, it arrived today at his doorstep! 

Those definitely look like the Rosewood. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back