Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #9,617 of 13,134
I'm thinking of getting myself a pair. I'd be moving up from some ATH m50x headphones (unusable, painful headband for me), and I have an O2 amp on the way (ODAC in the near future). 

Quick question, is the weight of the LCD-2 as unbearable as many suggest?  

I absolutely loved the sound and comfort I felt with the LCD-3, but I only wore them for 5 minutes. I'd plan on wearing the these for hours at a time, almost daily, since I would use them as my daily drivers (Music, movies, videos, games, etc).

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #9,618 of 13,134
No, not unbearable at all. After not using them for some years, I managed to convince myself they were too heavy. I put them on last night and no issues with the weight. They stayed on my head as I left the HD800S in the box.

I think my expectiations from the HD800S were too damn high! Hehehehehe. I will try them for longer this weekend, but if history is a lesson, my opinions tend not to change upon initial judgement.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #9,619 of 13,134
  I'm thinking of getting myself a pair. I'd be moving up from some ATH m50x headphones (unusable, painful headband for me), and I have an O2 amp on the way (ODAC in the near future). 

Quick question, is the weight of the LCD-2 as unbearable as many suggest?  

I absolutely loved the sound and comfort I felt with the LCD-3, but I only wore them for 5 minutes. I'd plan on wearing the these for hours at a time, almost daily, since I would use them as my daily drivers (Music, movies, videos, games, etc).

Really depends on the individual, for me about 2-3 hours is about all I can stand the weight, for my GF its about 5-10 minutes.  If the M50x was painful to use because of the weight the LCD-2 or any LCD would be much worse.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #9,620 of 13,134
We apologize for the confusion on your recent order, and we appreciate your business and your feedback. Our credit card processor has informed us they cannot verify your purchase as submitted. This does not mean anything's wrong with your card or purchase, it simply means our bank cannot verify the order as submitted. We are unable to fulfill the order at this time. If your credit card or PayPal account was charged, the money will be refunded.

Keep in touch, we appreciate your enthusiasm and support!
All the best
Chris

Audeze
Audeze Global Support

this was my email reply after i went to check on my order .. after the order was just left "under review "for the past few days

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #9,621 of 13,134
We apologize for the confusion on your recent order, and we appreciate your business and your feedback. Our credit card processor has informed us they cannot verify your purchase as submitted. This does not mean anything's wrong with your card or purchase, it simply means our bank cannot verify the order as submitted. We are unable to fulfill the order at this time. If your credit card or PayPal account was charged, the money will be refunded.

All the best

Chris

Audeze

Audeze Global Support

this was my email reply after i went to check on my order .. after the order was just left "under review "for the past few days

Oh man that sucks and really doesn't make any sense. They should've reached out to you the next business day and cleared that up. Although at this point this company doesn't seem to really care about it's customers to be honest.

My co-workers are convinced I've been robbed haha. Told them the story. Obviously I'm sure we'll hear something, this is the worst experience I've had with a company probably in history.

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #9,622 of 13,134
  Really depends on the individual, for me about 2-3 hours is about all I can stand the weight, for my GF its about 5-10 minutes.  If the M50x was painful to use because of the weight the LCD-2 or any LCD would be much worse.

I don't feel the weight really. It's just the horrible headband. I've tried many different cushion materials, but it always feels like I'm balancing an axe blade on the top of my head.. not pleasant. When I tried the LCD-3, I was too focused on the sound to really think about the weight, but in the 5 minutes I had them, the weight was unnoticeable to me. However, I assume this is something you figure out after hours of use.

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #9,623 of 13,134
No, not unbearable at all. After not using them for some years, I managed to convince myself they were too heavy. I put them on last night and no issues with the weight. They stayed on my head as I left the HD800S in the box.

I think my expectiations from the HD800S were too damn high! Hehehehehe. I will try them for longer this weekend, but if history is a lesson, my opinions tend not to change upon initial judgement.

Did you ever have problems with the weight before you convinced yourself otherwise? :p

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #9,624 of 13,134

All the best

Chris

Audeze

Audeze Global Support

Pretty sure it's the "riskified" thing many people reported earlier. I said so because Riskfiied is the company Audeze employed to "verify purchase".

Same experience here. I used my PayPal with one of my most commonly used credit cards as source. Both shows the $499 debit. But the orders they have been "riskified rejected" as per Audeze web site since day one. And they are still holding my money after all this time.

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #9,626 of 13,134

I don't feel the weight really. It's just the horrible headband. I've tried many different cushion materials, but it always feels like I'm balancing an axe blade on the top of my head.. not pleasant. When I tried the LCD-3, I was too focused on the sound to really think about the weight, but in the 5 minutes I had them, the weight was unnoticeable to me. However, I assume this is something you figure out after hours of use.

you might want to look in to a headband strap made by Lohb (I think that's his name here), a fellow Head-fi member.  (can anyone correct me if I got the wrong person for the headband strap?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back