Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #9,571 of 13,134
  I'm 1429XX, just noticed my Paypal ship to and on site addresses are different.  Still showing Paypal Pending,

This is from their Audeze's Facebook page:

We have a power outage at our Costa Mesa facility since yesterday morning because of a failure in transmission equipment. Our entire neighborhood doesn't have power. (11/30/16 - 6:45 a.m.). Southern California Edison is working hard to restore power. We expect power to be back up tomorrow. Because of the power situation, we have suspended our operations. Unfortunately, shipments from the Black Friday sales will be delayed by a few days at least. We plan to work through the weekend to catch-up, once the power is restored. Thanks for your patience. If you have any questions, please email support@audeze.com

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #9,574 of 13,134
Is that a thing in the US? Power outages for three days?!

It can happen and repairs can take a long time if the parts needed are not readily available.  We had a power outage in one area of Oahu for 3 days after a tree fell into some power lines and also damaged a transformer.  The transformer had to be flown in on a military transport since it was too large for most commercial planes.  This required the utility company making a contract with the USAF which gets complicated since you have a private company working with a Govt agency.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #9,575 of 13,134
Sounds like they ran out of "B" stock and are pulling in stock from other places and just became overwhelmed with the amount of orders they received. "out of power for 3 days"... that is a bunch of Hooey!

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #9,576 of 13,134
  Sounds like they ran out of "B" stock and are pulling in stock from other places and just became overwhelmed with the amount of orders they received. "out of power for 3 days"... that is a bunch of Hooey!

This thread is starting to get off the rails. It's day two, and they posted a photo of the outage report on their facebook page as proof. 

I agree that the timing is bad, and I also agree that they're probably getting return shipments from Adorama to fill these orders. But everyone should take a breath before even more misinformation gets spread around for no reason other than impatience. 

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #9,577 of 13,134

Agreed, support your head-fi buddies, visit the classifieds section people.

Odds are they probably have electricity as we do not any longer live in the stone ages.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #9,578 of 13,134
This thread is starting to get off the rails. It's day two, and they posted a photo of the outage report on their facebook page as proof. 

I agree that the timing is bad, and I also agree that they're probably getting return shipments from Adorama to fill these orders. But everyone should take a breath before even more misinformation gets spread around for no reason other than impatience. 

It's really not impatience. They charged my account $500 on Saturday and now I can't even reach them on the phone. $500 gone. No answers. No product. A power outtage isn't an excuse, a company that fulfills customer orders should be prepared for something like that. Even if I want a refund I can't get them on the phone .. Landline phones do not require power by the way.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #9,579 of 13,134
It's really not impatience. They charged my account $500 on Saturday and now I can't even reach them on the phone. $500 gone. No answers. No product. A power outtage isn't an excuse, a company that fulfills customer orders should be prepared for something like that. Even if I want a refund I can't get them on the phone .. Landline phones do not require power by the way.

Again, I completely understand the frustration that you're experiencing. 

Let's try giving them the benefit of the doubt on a power outage. While landlines do not require power, their computer systems probably do. So unless they're sitting there all day in a dark room, answering every phone call that rings to tell the customer, "I'm sorry, but we cannot access our system or your order number at this time." they probably aren't going to be in the office.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #9,580 of 13,134

I'm not going crazy about it myself, but I agree. I work Telcom for my company and we own 25 Call Centers. There isn't 1 Call Center that does not have a backup generator. On the other hand, Land-lines do not require power for the Home,but they most definitely require power at a Call Center. They will need it to run the PBX, the Servers, and the switches... and that is all on the phone side. So yes, lack of power can take them out for a time.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #9,581 of 13,134
its so funny with these headphone sales. Massdrop always has issues, the Purple Heart bubble wrap thing, the hd650 sale that basically broke down their website. Now Audeze with their power outage. Every major sale something seems to happen.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #9,582 of 13,134
They have posted the picture of the outage details from the utility company - check their twitter page for more details

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #9,585 of 13,134
Quick update, just decided to listen to my dt770s as I would with the LCD-2s (full listening sessions) again and this statement suddenly seems very untrue 

So you've been listening to the LCD's for a bit, switched back to the 770's for a full session, and you're noticing a huge improvement in the LCD's? Do you feel justified in your purchase now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back