Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #9,511 of 13,134
Anyone still showing Paypal Pending?  I have the money charged from my CC account, but it says pending in Paypal.  Ordered on Friday.
Same. If you end up calling them and getting an answer I would love to hear it. Faq on paypal says the merchant hasn't claimed the payment yet, so hopefully it just means they haven't gotten to us yet.

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #9,512 of 13,134
Anybody's order shipped - especially those who ordered on 11 23

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #9,513 of 13,134
This whole process is frustrating. Everything so far has been speculation with mixed information from Audeze support with conflicting details between calls. Definitely one of the worst purchase experiences I've had in a while. $500 missing from my account with no idea when I'll receive the item, IF I even receive it..

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #9,515 of 13,134
Just got off the phone with them. Their power is out. they're saying no updates til tomorrow. Also told me that there were more orders than expected and they will update us with a "solution". Ordered on the 24th. My status shows "PayPal pending" but the charge has been posted on my credit card.

I had $10k stereo that I had to part with recently due to space contraints. So now I am in the process of replacing that with headphones. I was constantly wanting to try new gear and am sure it will be the same with my new headphone hobby.

The manner in which they proceed moving forward will determine whether or not I would consider them for future purchases and will shape my impression of them as a company. I'll post updates on this thread as I receive them.

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #9,516 of 13,134
The transction posted to my CC, item not yet shipped out. Really odd

Nov 30, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #9,518 of 13,134
It's proper etiquette to only charge people when their item has shipped. Placing a "hold" on the money in the account to verify the funds are available is normal but they have had $500 fully charged from my account for 5 days with no explanation on not only when it will be shipped but even if we'll be getting one in the first place. Totally unacceptable. They're not making their name look good that's for sure.

Nov 30, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #9,520 of 13,134
  It's proper etiquette to only charge people when their item has shipped. Placing a "hold" on the money in the account to verify the funds are available is normal but they have had $500 fully charged from my account for 5 days with no explanation on not only when it will be shipped but even if we'll be getting one in the first place. Totally unacceptable. They're not making their name look good that's for sure.

If they offer a solution like a hundred or two extra for A stock, with my choice of finish and maybe throw in a pair of balanced cables, I would consider that stand up. But we'll see what happens.

I honestly do not recall making a headphone or iem purchase where the payment was not processed immediately, regardless of communication or ship date.  Even worse are the boutique cable makers, who may take months before shipping.  Part of the pain of buying from small manufacturers.

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #9,521 of 13,134

I honestly do not recall making a headphone or iem purchase where the payment was not processed immediately, regardless of communication or ship date.  Even worse are the boutique cable makers, who may take months before shipping.  Part of the pain of buying from small manufacturers.

Okay? It is totally fine that they take the payment immediately. That is expected. Companies usually charge right away or right before shipment. That's not we're complaining about here...

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #9,522 of 13,134
I just received an email reply from Richard and he mentioned the power outage being the reason for slower customer service response yesterday and today. He also informed me that my LCD-2s shipped out yesterday, so I am hoping to have them in hand by tomorrow! I will keep you guys posted:)

(Just for reference, I placed my order on the evening of Wednesday, 11.23 about ten minutes after I received the email announcing the sale)

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #9,523 of 13,134
I just received an email reply from Richard and he mentioned the power outage being the reason for slower customer service response yesterday and today. He also informed me that my LCD-2s shipped out yesterday, so I am hoping to have them in hand by tomorrow! I will keep you guys posted:)

(Just for reference, I placed my order on the evening of Wednesday, 11.23 about ten minutes after I received the email announcing the sale)

This is good. Did you check the order status online?

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #9,525 of 13,134
This is good. Did you check the order status online?

​If they are in a power outage, maybe that's why no status changes? Mine has not changed since the day I ordered 11/24. But Tony confirmed that my order was in and I'm suppose to get bamboo and newest drivers...Guess it's wait and see.

My account page on the Audeze web site has not yet been updated...it still shows "Completed - - Waiting to Ship," which is good news for all you guys (and gals) that haven't seen your order status change yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back