Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #9,496 of 13,134
I ordered mine the 24th, 11:30 am.  Status still says order created.  Left email with customer support this morning, still no reply.  I read they plan to fill all accepted orders.  I wonder if "created" means "accepted?"

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #9,498 of 13,134
That's a good idea. I don't know if opening a new support thread or answering the same guy who tried less than nothing to help me out.

Who was he? I spoke to Richard on the phone and he was awesome. Give Audeze a call and ask to speak to him.

Seems to me they should use A-Stock to fill any orders they took during that time period that they can't fill with B-Stock.

I think that's what they'll be doing. Using their Adorama special release headphone and sending those out. I'm sure some will be getting brand new LCD-2's which is awesome.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #9,499 of 13,134
lol. This is very reminiscent of the chaos we experienced a couple of weeks ago with the Massdrop/Sennheiser HD6XX drop. Way more orders flooding in than they ever expected, and their system couldn't keep up.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #9,500 of 13,134
Who was he? I spoke to Richard on the phone and he was awesome. Give Audeze a call and ask to speak to him.
I think that's what they'll be doing. Using their Adorama special release headphone and sending those out. I'm sure some will be getting brand new LCD-2's which is awesome.

It was Tony. Unfortunately I'm in Taiwan right now so I'm unable to call. Anybody want to call in my name? Nah, that's too much to ask. I'll try email again I guess.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #9,501 of 13,134
I called Audeze today to check which version am i getting. I was said that i will get aluminum version. I didnt like the looks of it when i owned it last year. so i asked them to cancel if possible and hung up the phone. 

When i tried to call within a minute and asked them not to cancel and proceed with shipping, they couldnt put a new order since they cancelled it and said there is nothing they could do. WIERD.

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #9,502 of 13,134
I spoke to Tony today. He confirmed my order from the 24th was in, paid for, and will be filled and shipped The website continues to indicate "Payment received -PP.  I expressed there was some confusion on the forums concerning the version of LCD-2's that would be sent from the B-stock sale. Tony clarified the B-stocks were either bamboo or aluminum. I asked about the drivers in the bamboo, and he said they were the updated fazor.  

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #9,504 of 13,134
audeze said to me they will mail end of the week.

Nov 30, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #9,505 of 13,134
Put an order on 25th but the order status showed as Riskified Rejected. Didn't think too much about that until saw people discuses here regarding not much goods left. So I sent an email to inquiry my order, sadly my order has not been accepted and the sales is over. Well, saved 500 bucks then...

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #9,506 of 13,134
I Bought me a pair of HD800s, hopefully it gets delivered in time for the weekend where i can compare to my R1s.

Compared to the original HD800 I felt the R1s were overall better technically and tonally. We'll see if my opinion hasn't changed.

However personally I have changed, working much longer hours and energy sapped along with an aging body, I find myself favoring a more relaxed listening with soothing songs at a lower volume, hence I have been enjoying my HF2 Grados a lot.

So different back then when i was a productive labourer that thrived on speed and adrenaline for maximum efficiency, I loved nothing more than to crank up the LCD2s with high tempo music. The sound of which reminded me of the biggest performing stage I performed on. The wooden floor reinforcing the richness of the sounds.

And so it occurs to me that my interpretation of 'soundstage' is completely different to everyone else's. The more separation I got out of the middle C area... The more I am reminded of a bigger performing stage, hence in my mind a bigger soundstage. Those floor boards were a part of what musicians hear when they are on stage. Never noticed back then, but it all makes sense now.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #9,508 of 13,134
It sounds like any orders that weren't processed were a result of payment issues. Audeze has reiterated that it's fulfilling all B-stock orders. Congrats to everyone who received a $499 headphone with a 3-year warranty for cans that go for $650 used.

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #9,509 of 13,134
  It sounds like any orders that weren't processed were a result of payment issues. Audeze has reiterated that it's fulfilling all B-stock orders. Congrats to everyone who received a $499 headphone with a 3-year warranty for cans that go for $650 used.

I'm going to cry in the corner.

ಥ_ಥ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back