Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 25, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #9,361 of 13,134
I got the following response from Audeze today

Thanks for contacting us! Here’s what we mean by “B stock:” The product has either been sold before, used as a trade show demo, or used in a photo shoot, so they cannot be sold as new. So they may have some very minor dings or scratches or perhaps the color is a little off. However, if you look at them from 2-3 feet away, they will look new. They all have the latest drivers/upgrades except for the LCD2 Bamboo. It does come with the Travel Case (and earpads).

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #9,362 of 13,134
That makes this even more of an outstanding deal. Congrats to everyone buying the B-Stock. I would be sorely tempted if I didn't already have the LCD-2.2Fazor.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #9,363 of 13,134
I got the following response from Audeze today

Thanks for contacting us! Here’s what we mean by “B stock:” The product has either been sold before, used as a trade show demo, or used in a photo shoot, so they cannot be sold as new. So they may have some very minor dings or scratches or perhaps the color is a little off. However, if you look at them from 2-3 feet away, they will look new. They all have the latest drivers/upgrades except for the LCD2 Bamboo. It does come with the Travel Case (and earpads).

Hmmm. Wonder about the cables...

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #9,366 of 13,134
Just ordered one. I am excited. My first end-game headphones. BTW How do I know which model(Fazor, Pre-fazor etc) I got? 

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #9,367 of 13,134
  Just ordered one. I am excited. My first end-game headphones. BTW How do I know which model(Fazor, Pre-fazor etc) I got? 

We are going to get Fazor for sure. As Audeze said: "They all have the latest drivers/upgrades"

Just touch the cloth over the drivers. If you feel little holes is non-Fazor, if they are knives instead, is Fazor.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #9,370 of 13,134
Will the LCD-2 pair well enough with the Schiit Magni 2 and Modi 2?

I use this combo, but with a Magni 2 Uber. The LCD-2 needs power, so the extra wattage of the Uber helps. I like the way they sound with this amp, but they'll probably sound even better with a more powerful and more refined amp. I'll likely upgrade sometime next year.

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #9,371 of 13,134
I use this combo, but with a Magni 2 Uber. The LCD-2 needs power, so the extra wattage of the Uber helps. I like the way they sound with this amp, but they'll probably sound even better with a more powerful and more refined amp. I'll likely upgrade sometime next year.

​I've yet to select an amp/dac. I've read through the droves of info in the threads, but it seems the more I read, the more conflicted I get (I'm sure I'm the only Head-Fier this has EVER happened to hahaha). But right now I have 2 sets of d5000, a HE-400s, and a DT770 Pro that just came in and I cant test because I haven't selected an amp. When the LCD-2 shows up, I'd at least love to have an amp/dac on the way, but don't know if my sinking budget of $300-$350 is gonna cut it? 

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #9,372 of 13,134

​I've yet to select an amp/dac. I've read through the droves of info in the threads, but it seems the more I read, the more conflicted I get (I'm sure I'm the only Head-Fier this has EVER happened to hahaha). But right now I have 2 sets of d5000, a HE-400s, and a DT770 Pro that just came in and I cant test because I haven't selected an amp. When the LCD-2 shows up, I'd at least love to have an amp/dac on the way, but don't know if my sinking budget of $300-$350 is gonna cut it?

IMHO and with my limited knowledge/experience. I believe you are going to need two amps. I currently have a fostex TH-600 (which I would think has similar power requirements as the D5000) and a HE-400I (which I think is a little harder to drive then the s) and I use an Audio-GD NFB11. I also have the LCD-2's on the way but I'm pretty confident the NFB11 doesn't have anywhere near the power needed to properly drive those headphones. I'm currently looking at the NFB-1amp or the LYR2 for the LCD's still not sure if I want to go SS or Tube or both. The NFB-11 is $325 plus shipping.

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #9,373 of 13,134
I have a Deckard and it pairs well with my HE400i, T50RP MK3 and DT770 Pro 250. It has 3 gain settings which you can adjust based on your headphone.

I am waiting for my LCD2s now and hope Deckard will pair with LCD2 as both are from Audeze.

Based on the response from Audeze, looks like Bamboo variant may be non-fazor. Is that good considering lot of great discussions around fazor?

Anybody have an input on how the 2s pair with the deckard amp ? I had to pounce on that deal and am coming from an O2 so hopefully it's a good end game setup

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #9,375 of 13,134
  IMHO and with my limited knowledge/experience. I believe you are going to need two amps. I currently have a fostex TH-600 (which I would think has similar power requirements as the D5000) and a HE-400I (which I think is a little harder to drive then the s) and I use an Audio-GD NFB11. I also have the LCD-2's on the way but I'm pretty confident the NFB11 doesn't have anywhere near the power needed to properly drive those headphones. I'm currently looking at the NFB-1amp or the LYR2 for the LCD's still not sure if I want to go SS or Tube or both. The NFB-11 is

I have a Deckard and it pairs well with my HE400i, T50RP MK3 and DT770 Pro 250. It has 3 gain settings which you can adjust based on your headphone.

I am waiting for my LCD2s now and hope Deckard will pair with LCD2 as both are from Audeze.

Based on the response from Audeze, looks like Bamboo variant may be non-fazor. Is that good considering lot of great discussions around fazor?

​Somewhere in the depths of these forums, a fellow mentioned that Audeze, recommends a certain minimum amp output for the LCD-2. The poster indicated that the Deckard, actually didn't meet that spec, and felt that was very peculiar. I'm guessing it would have to pair well. Why would you sell something that wouldn't make your product shine? That would be self defeating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back