Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 13, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #9,301 of 13,134
bummer, try and contact Audeze and see what they say.  You might also want to consider upgrading them to the Dec 2015 driver version, they will sound a little different, good or bad is a personal preference.

I am so disappointed... Bought here in Sweden, so I guess it is going to taket a while for repairs (back and forth to the states).

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #9,302 of 13,134
I am so disappointed... Bought here in Sweden, so I guess it is going to taket a while for repairs (back and forth to the states).

Curious how your vendor in Sweden still had the old set in stock.  Hopefully they are being cooperative in helping you get them repaired.  Do they have a return policy?

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #9,303 of 13,134
Curious how your vendor in Sweden still had the old set in stock.  Hopefully they are being cooperative in helping you get them repaired.  Do they have a return policy?

Indeed, I noticed when I later checked the production date.

There is always good return policys here in Sweden, I just hope I dont have to pay shipping (poor student atm).

How long wait time is the repairs? Will I recieve updated drivers or must I specify and pay for it?

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #9,304 of 13,134
Indeed, I noticed when I later checked the production date.

There is always good return policys here in Sweden, I just hope I dont have to pay shipping (poor student atm).

How long wait time is the repairs? Will I recieve updated drivers or must I specify and pay for it?

Since they are only a few months old I would think they are still under warranty, hope the dealer will handle the warranty for you without any cost.  If they do get sent back to Audeze for warranty then you will most likely get the updated drivers and you should not be charged for them.  Just remember that they will sound a little different, some like the original Fazor while others like the revised one, I like the bass of the revised driver but the mids are better on the original drivers IMO.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #9,305 of 13,134
Im looking in to purchasing one of the rev 1 lcd 2s; should I be worried about the life expectancy of the driver or any other issues? I figured if its lasted this long, it must be a pair that has not had an QC issues.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #9,306 of 13,134
  Im looking in to purchasing one of the rev 1 lcd 2s; should I be worried about the life expectancy of the driver or any other issues? I figured if its lasted this long, it must be a pair that has not had an QC issues.

That was my thinking - any QC defects would manifest within the first few hundred hours of use.   Mine are going strong as I type this.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #9,308 of 13,134
  That's reassuring. I have never had an issues with any of my hifimans so I expect the same from Audeze. I think the lcd 2 would be a good companion for the he 500

Just remember that if the drivers do give you problems and you send them in to Audeze for repair they will not be repaired with the same version drivers but the latest ones since the older drivers are no longer made.

But I would agree that if they lasted this long they should be good for a long time to come.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #9,309 of 13,134
I've got the Rev 1's and they're still going strong. The wood cracked around the old connector design as many of them did but a little epoxy did the trick (doesn't look perfect but it's good enough). I'm at the point where I think these drivers should hold up for the long term and as long as they do, I'm sure these will be my main pair I love them that much. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #9,310 of 13,134
Since they are only a few months old I would think they are still under warranty, hope the dealer will handle the warranty for you without any cost.  If they do get sent back to Audeze for warranty then you will most likely get the updated drivers and you should not be charged for them.  Just remember that they will sound a little different, some like the original Fazor while others like the revised one, I like the bass of the revised driver but the mids are better on the original drivers IMO.

I sent them to the Swedish distributitor yesterday, and should have them back next week.

I will recieve the latest driver and a new 3 year warranty (I think).

Love my LCD-2, really unfortunate to be without them for a week.

Nov 16, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #9,311 of 13,134
Just remember that if the drivers do give you problems and you send them in to Audeze for repair they will not be repaired with the same version drivers but the latest ones since the older drivers are no longer made.

But I would agree that if they lasted this long they should be good for a long time to come.

My rev1 driver gave up after about 5 years of regular use. You never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back