Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #9,287 of 13,140
Newbie here.  I just received a used set of LCD 2.1's and am enjoying them immensely with my Deckard amp!  Having read all of the reviews and impressions stating that these cans are rolled off or shelved in the upper-frequency regions, I seriously have no idea what they are talking about.  The treble on these is extended and sweet.  My only other cans are Sine's so perhaps I simply don't know what I'm talking about here, but I really can't imagine how these could sound any better!  Count this as a hearty recommendation for the Deckard/LCD2 combination.

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #9,288 of 13,140
  Newbie here.  I just received a used set of LCD 2.1's and am enjoying them immensely with my Deckard amp!  Having read all of the reviews and impressions stating that these cans are rolled off or shelved in the upper-frequency regions, I seriously have no idea what they are talking about.  The treble on these is extended and sweet.  My only other cans are Sine's so perhaps I simply don't know what I'm talking about here, but I really can't imagine how these could sound any better!  Count this as a hearty recommendation for the Deckard/LCD2 combination.

They are rolled off, only in that the treble regions are quieter relative to other parts of the spectrum. But it depends on your reference. To me, both the HD650 and LCD 2.1 could use a bit more 'air', just a slight bit to sound more realistic. However, they are fantastically detailed and well-extended in the treble - and by well-extended I mean they retain their detail at the highest frequencies.

Anyhow, congrats! Would be good to hear you impressions versus the Sine. 

Edit: Just thought I'd add, fresh ears this morning always brings a different experience. Listening to these at the quiet of my vacant office today, and they feel perfectly tuned. Everything is in balance, nothing is too loud, and I don't feel like I need to make any adjustment. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #9,290 of 13,140
Are the leather free ones suede? Kinda looks like it. So far, I find the leather way more comfortable than the pads on the DT880. They are also not as heavy as I thought they would be, I wear them fairly easily for 5+hrs while playing games and listening to music. Great headphones, love the LCD-2.

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #9,291 of 13,140
Just received mine too, a 2016 leather free one. What a blast with the Lyr2 and Bimby stack!
However, it's a shame Audeze doesn't give the wood care kit anymore with the LCD-2, it's not even listed on the website. For the price...

I contacted them about it awhile ago, Because there was an empty slot in the case.. And a buddy that has them said it comes with the wood care kit.. They said they are using a UV resistant coating on all the wood now, And it no longer needs the occasional wipe down.

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #9,292 of 13,140
  Are the leather free ones suede? Kinda looks like it. So far, I find the leather way more comfortable than the pads on the DT880. They are also not as heavy as I thought they would be, I wear them fairly easily for 5+hrs while playing games and listening to music. Great headphones, love the LCD-2.

Yes, that's the suede ones with Shedua wood
wink.gif

I contacted them about it awhile ago, Because there was an empty slot in the case.. And a buddy that has them said it comes with the wood care kit.. They said they are using a UV resistant coating on all the wood now, And it no longer needs the occasional wipe down.

I contacted them too yesterday and that's exactly what they said.

Well, time for a listening session now
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #9,293 of 13,140
In my experience so far, the Sine (via Cipher cable with iPhone) sounds similar to the LCD2 in terms of tone and clarity.  It is musically engaging and feels balanced and correct in it's own way.  I don't feel I'm missing anything at all with the Sine - my listening is primarily in the office and on the commuter train.  

The LCD2 - Deckard combo is essentially the Sine - Cipher combo, but expanded considerably along every axis of sound quality.  Frequency extension (from low to high), openness / soundstage, dynamic range, musicality.  I spent most of last night with the LCD2 and had to peel myself away from the music to go to bed.    If the LCD2 is "warm", then the Sine is also "warm" in the same way.  When I plug the Sine into the Deckard, it actually gets a bit closer to the LCD2 in terms of bass and dynamic range.  

Just my two inexperienced cents on these cans.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #9,294 of 13,140
So how do you explain I love the LCD2 and I don't like the Sines...
For me the fostex t50rp is much closer to the LCD2 than the Sines, for a fraction of the price but with less design and portability.

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #9,295 of 13,140
I'm Having an issue with my LCD 2 and Wonder if it's normal. While I'm listening, if I gently put a little pressure on either side using my finger I'll hear popping sounds. And when I slowly release the pressure I'll hear the pooping again. I'll hear it when I almost them too. It happens when I wiggle my head too. Doesn't seem like it should do that.

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #9,296 of 13,140
I'm Having an issue with my LCD 2 and Wonder if it's normal. While I'm listening, if I gently put a little pressure on either side using my finger I'll hear popping sounds. And when I slowly release the pressure I'll hear the pooping again. I'll hear it when I almost them too. It happens when I wiggle my head too. Doesn't seem like it should do that.

Mine did that for a month or two and then the left driver failed. Be prepared to send it in for warranty repair.

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #9,297 of 13,140
I have LCD-2 first generation Fazor, purchased new from swedish retailer a few of months ago.

The left driver got quiet 30 minutes ago in a listening session, and I am getting worried. It is not my amplifier nor my sound source, it is the headphones.

I really do hope it is the cable that is faulty, just by chance I will have a new aftermarket cable delivered tomorrow.

Otherwise, could this be the famous driver failiure? I hear sounds sometimes, like a second or two, but then it goes quiet again. The right driver is all right.

Damnit....

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #9,298 of 13,140
  I have LCD-2 first generation Fazor, purchased new from swedish retailer a few of months ago.

The left driver got quiet 30 minutes ago in a listening session, and I am getting worried. It is not my amplifier nor my sound source, it is the headphones.

I really do hope it is the cable that is faulty, just by chance I will have a new aftermarket cable delivered tomorrow.

Otherwise, could this be the famous driver failiure? I hear sounds sometimes, like a second or two, but then it goes quiet again. The right driver is all right.

Damnit....

Switch the cable around and see if the problem changes, if it changes with switching the cables then the cables would most likely be the problem, if not then its most likely the driver.

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #9,300 of 13,140
It is the driver, ****** me.

They have just been hanging on a headphone stand on my table, when not in use..

bummer, try and contact Audeze and see what they say.  You might also want to consider upgrading them to the Dec 2015 driver version, they will sound a little different, good or bad is a personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back