Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #9,197 of 13,134
The prefazor im going to buy was in 11/2013, it has no longer warranty, does it??
In a method that the lcd 2 has the driver failure, can i ask the manufacture to repair it or replace driver fazor 2016 eventhought out of warranty date (pay fees, of course) ?

I'd check with Audeze first about warranty repairs, but if you just want the newer drivers you can just contact them and pay $150 (IIRC) and they will replace them with the current Fazors but as @MRC001 noted they will sound different, good or bad depends on what you like.

Oct 5, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #9,198 of 13,134
They might have lifetime warranty. But they might replace drivers with the latest version, which would sound quite different from a pre Fazor. Best to call them up and ask.

I'd check with Audeze first about warranty repairs, but if you just want the newer drivers you can just contact them and pay $150 (IIRC) and they will replace them with the current Fazors but as @MRC001
 noted they will sound different, good or bad depends on what you like.

I see. But if i want the prefazor driver, will they have it to replace for me ?

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #9,199 of 13,134
I see. But if i want the prefazor driver, will they have it to replace for me ?

At this time I don't think they would have the pre-fazor driver anymore, IIRC a few who sent in pre-fazor headphones for repairs got back fazor drivers.  I think it would be best if you contacted Audeze directly and get it in writing what they will do for you if your pre-fazor driver needs to be repaired.  All these driver revisions has been to correct driver failure issues so I don't think they would want to keep any old pre-fazor drivers in inventory.

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #9,202 of 13,134
  At this time I don't think they would have the pre-fazor driver anymore, IIRC a few who sent in pre-fazor headphones for repairs got back fazor drivers.  I think it would be best if you contacted Audeze directly and get it in writing what they will do for you if your pre-fazor driver needs to be repaired.  All these driver revisions has been to correct driver failure issues so I don't think they would want to keep any old pre-fazor drivers in inventory.

You are right. I wll contact them soon to know more about this.

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #9,203 of 13,134
Oh i just remember one thing, its about compare LCD 2 with Grado 325is ( is ,not e ).  I know sound's LCD 2 are "dark" and 325is are "light" but I'm wonder if the treb on lcd 2 as "sparkling" as 325is ?

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #9,204 of 13,134
  Oh i just remember one thing, its about compare LCD 2 with Grado 325is ( is ,not e ).  I know sound's LCD 2 are "dark" and 325is are "light" but I'm wonder if the treb on lcd 2 as "sparkling" as 325is ?

I have only heard the 2016 Fazor version of the LCD's which aren't nearly as dark as the Pre-fazor.   It's been a few years since I had the Grado 325is so I'm going off memory.  My answer is clearly "No".  The current version of the LCD is still not nearly as bright as the 325is.  I have never found the new LCD to be harsh but the 325is were often walking that line and sometimes stepping over it.  To my ears, the new LCD's have about the right amount of treble.  You get the sparkle/detail but its not overblown.  You also get a much more full and balanced sound with the  LCD's vs the 325is.

I imagine the Pre Fazer LCD's to be a near polar opposite to the Grado 325is.  One of the darkest headphones vs one of the brightest.  A bass light headphone vs a bass heavy one, etc.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #9,205 of 13,134
  Oh i just remember one thing, its about compare LCD 2 with Grado 325is ............

Completely different animals, the Grados throw you in front of the musicians or PA system with super raw (not necessarily harsh) sound, the 325is' sound stage and base is fairly adequate but the sound is slightly grainy....... in contrast the LCD2s are super lush, full bodied, wonderful base and treble wise never to offend with low distortion.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #9,206 of 13,134
  I have only heard the 2016 Fazor version of the LCD's which aren't nearly as dark as the Pre-fazor.   It's been a few years since I had the Grado 325is so I'm going off memory.  My answer is clearly "No".  The current version of the LCD is still not nearly as bright as the 325is.  I have never found the new LCD to be harsh but the 325is were often walking that line and sometimes stepping over it.  To my ears, the new LCD's have about the right amount of treble.  You get the sparkle/detail but its not overblown.  You also get a much more full and balanced sound with the  LCD's vs the 325is.

I imagine the Pre Fazer LCD's to be a near polar opposite to the Grado 325is.  One of the darkest headphones vs one of the brightest.  A bass light headphone vs a bass heavy one, etc.

Completely different animals, the Grados throw you in front of the musicians or PA system with super raw (not necessarily harsh) sound, the 325is' sound stage and base is fairly adequate but the sound is slightly grainy....... in contrast the LCD2s are super lush, full bodied, wonderful base and treble wise never to offend with low distortion.

Yep i understand . The fact that i own a grado 325is now and i was curious how different of both (325is vs lcd 2) . The 325is and Rs1i are the two headphone only that i can hear with their treb as not harsh as the others like 225 or 125,80,... And after read what you said, i imagine the treb on lcd 2 is "softer" than the 325is but still detail, isn't it ? 

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #9,207 of 13,134

Yep i understand . The fact that i own a grado 325is now and i was curious how different of both (325is vs lcd 2) . The 325is and Rs1i are the two headphone only that i can hear with their treb as not harsh as the others like 225 or 125,80,... And after read what you said, i imagine the treb on lcd 2 is "softer" than the 325is but still detail, isn't it ? 

Yes.  I find the 2016 Fazor LCD to be detailed.  I think more so than the 325is, in part because the LCD separates the instruments and images better.  The treble is very present but not emphasized as it is on the 325is.  I would definitely go with the 2016 Fazor version of the LCD if you like the treble of the 325is.  The pre-fazor has a big following for people who like a darker, rich, smooth sound but coming from the Grado 325is, I'm thinking you would likely prefer the newer version.  Also keep in mind, the 325is can sound great out of a phone but you will need an amp with the LCD's.

I do miss the sound of an electric guitar, particularly on classic rock with the 325is. There seemed to be a texture to it I've never found with the many headphones that I've had after.  However, the LCD 2 is much more enjoyable to me.  (As it should be due to costing much more) 

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #9,208 of 13,134
I am in heaven right now.

Listening to Black Sabbath, album, Black Sabbath, song, Black Sabbath, with this EQ...

The bass is to die for. In fact, I've no doubt some would consider it murder. But me? :basshead:

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #9,209 of 13,134

Shipping estimate said next Tuesday, Was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from UPS saying they were delivered. The delivery guy didn't even bother to knock :/

I've owned a decent amount of headphones, Started with AD700, Wanted more bass & upgraded to Dt990's, Wanted less treble so I got Q701, Traded an old sound card for Pro700MKII's, Dog chewed up my q701's so I picked up an early # K7xx Red, Ended up getting Dt880's for $50, Had Fischer fa-003 clones at one point too.

My only wish is that I had gotten these LCD-2's earlier, They are simply amazing.

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #9,210 of 13,134
Lovely!

Tell us more when you've had some time with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back