Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 13, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #7,817 of 13,134
It is a new wood. Got it from the Black Friday sale in 2015, they ran out of the bamboo ones and gave me this. Tony from Audeze said they made 30 of these and I think they will be a staple wood in the future.

Considering the 'endangered' nature of Caribbean Rosewood and the fact that it's caused Audeze some painful delays I think its a smart choice. I like it, thanks for sharing.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #7,819 of 13,134
Just to let everyone know, who is still looking for a new cable for their LCDs. I've just received this cable

Well, this cable is really great. Very nicely crafted, light and good looking in my opinion. My LCD-2 sound wonderful through it. It's relatively cheap too ($150). I definitely recommend it.
There are still plenty available on eBay http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw=BALANCED+Silver+Plated+Copper+Cable+Audeze+Headphones+LCD-2+LCD-3+LCD-X+LCD-XC&_id=171959635746&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2658

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #7,822 of 13,134
Btw, has anyone experienced the gimbal screws becoming loose? I had to tighten those screws two times already.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The ones on the sides of the cups? Have to tighten them regularly with a 2mm alan key.

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #7,827 of 13,134
  Hi guys , mine arrive next week ( LCD 2 Rosewood ) i have a few questions , are they still come with the wax wood care , and the graphs certificate ? What are exactly in the box with the headphond ? Thanks in advance . 

The Rosewood version comes treated with a special coating that it does not require polishing. So they don't come with any waxing accessories.

The FR graph does not come with the cans either. You'll have to email Audeze with your serial number and request your FR graph to be emailed to you. Sometimes it takes weeks.

In the box, you'll receive the protective case and inside of it: your headphones, a mini XLR 6.3 cable, a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter (looks like Grados), the certificate of authenticity, and a manual.

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #7,828 of 13,134
  The Rosewood version comes treated with a special coating that it does not require polishing. So they don't come with any waxing accessories.

The FR graph does not come with the cans either. You'll have to email Audeze with your serial number and request your FR graph to be emailed to you. Sometimes it takes weeks.

In the box, you'll receive the protective case and inside of it: your headphones, a mini XLR 6.3 cable, a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter (looks like Grados), the certificate of authenticity, and a manual.

Thank you very much ; Cheers !

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #7,829 of 13,134
I was considering buying a stand, but I don't want another thing on my desk that could be an eyesore, so keeping them lying flat on the table is how I've been doing it so far (like my avatar). And maybe I'm being paranoid but I don't want them to take any additional shock damage; I'm definitely not slamming them down to the table but it feels like anything short of putting them down very slowly and gently makes too much noise, amplifying my paranoia. So I'm thinking the solution is to get some kind of foamy platform to keep them on. Still relatively flat but gets rid of any potential impact shock.

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #7,830 of 13,134
  I was considering buying a stand, but I don't want another thing on my desk that could be an eyesore, so keeping them lying flat on the table is how I've been doing it so far (like my avatar). And maybe I'm being paranoid but I don't want them to take any additional shock damage; I'm definitely not slamming them down to the table but it feels like anything short of putting them down very slowly and gently makes too much noise, amplifying my paranoia. So I'm thinking the solution is to get some kind of foamy platform to keep them on. Still relatively flat but gets rid of any potential impact shock.

I keep mine in a cabinet with a small towel underneath, and when I bring them out to listen, I bring a small micro fibre cloth with me to set them down on when I'm not wearing them.  I've always done that with my old HD600s and they still look pristine.  You're not being paranoid, headphones eventually show wear if you continually set them down on hard surfaces, no matter how gently.  A foam pad would definitely work to leave on your desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back