Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #5,237 of 13,134
Jan 9, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #5,238 of 13,134
I thought I share that I'm officially a member of club by taking ownership of the LCD-2.2F bamboo.  I'm coming from the HD650s, which I still think are magnificent headphones.  The LCD-2s have a similar tonal curve, but they correct three things I found wrong sometimes with the HD650s:

1) The HD650 has midbass creep into the midrange. This got distracting at times.
2) The HD650 can feel congested at times on some tracks.
3) The HD650 was a little too polite and laid back on some tracks.

The LCD-2s seem to overcome these tradeoffs while still maintaining much of the magic of the HD650s that drew me to them in the first place.

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #5,239 of 13,134
congrats they are awesome cans, didn't know what I was missing until I got a pair for myself..

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #5,240 of 13,134
  congrats they are awesome cans, didn't know what I was missing until I got a pair for myself..

Thanks! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #5,241 of 13,134
  I thought I share that I'm officially a member of club by taking ownership of the LCD-2.2F bamboo.  I'm coming from the HD650s, which I still think are magnificent headphones.  The LCD-2s have a similar tonal curve, but they correct three things I found wrong sometimes with the HD650s:

1) The HD650 has midbass creep into the midrange. This got distracting at times.
2) The HD650 can feel congested at times on some tracks.
3) The HD650 was a little too polite and laid back on some tracks.

The LCD-2s seem to overcome these tradeoffs while still maintaining much of the magic of the HD650s that drew me to them in the first place.

This is spot on and echoes my impressions as well. "LCD-2 is like HD650 on steroids". Congrats!

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #5,242 of 13,134
Seriously thinking about getting a LCD-2 and was wondering about how much of a sound difference betwen the Fazor and the non-Fazor ver.?  Since it seems to be easier to grab a non-Fazor used then a Fazor one.  Coming from a HD650 since that's the sound sig that I like. :)

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #5,245 of 13,134

Just wanted to know if the extra cost is worth it or not.  I have googled and search the threads and just wanted some fresh input before I pulled the trigger. 

The technology hasn't changed since it was released.  The hundreds of posts talking about the fazor vs non fazor are just as accurate now as they were when they were posted.  

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #5,246 of 13,134
Just wanted to know if the extra cost is worth it or not.  I have googled and search the threads and just wanted some fresh input before I pulled the trigger. 

If you're me, I'll get the pre-Fazor. See my posts re this in my profile page. To sum up, pre-Fazor has that wow factor, particularly the lush treble and mids without losing details, and that articulate and full-bodied bass without tilting the volume to bass. All those saying it's dark either are used to bright HPs or are using warm or high-output impedance amps (prolongs bass decay and thus increase bass mass more than the intention of the recording).

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #5,247 of 13,134
The technology hasn't changed since it was released.  The hundreds of posts talking about the fazor vs non fazor are just as accurate now as they were when they were posted.  

What's your basis in saying this? Have you actually compared the two editions side by side?

Theres a clear change in SQ, change in FR graph, change in impedance and change in sensitivity.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #5,248 of 13,134
What's your basis in saying this? Have you actually compared the two editions side by side?

I'm saying there's no need for people to repost what's already been said a million times to answer his vague question.  If he was asking for impressions with a certain amp or something that hasn't been answered 100 times already it'd make sense.

Jan 10, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #5,249 of 13,134
I'm saying there's no need for people to repost what's already been said a million times to answer his vague question.  If he was asking for impressions with a certain amp or something that hasn't been answered 100 times already it'd make sense.

We gotta understand that not all people have the time to read all pages of an already long thread. So why not help the guy? I don't see any reason why not.

Jan 10, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #5,250 of 13,134
We gotta understand that not all people have the time to read all pages of an already long thread. So why not help the guy? I don't see any reason why not.

Diamondears , to help me put it in perspective would you say the difference is only appreciable because you know both of the revisions so well or would you say that anybody who has reasonable level of headphone experience would hear the difference right away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back