Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #4,621 of 13,139
SHe probably was thinking of the Vahalla OTL. The Lyr in either revision seems to be the most often paired amp with LCD-2's!

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #4,623 of 13,139
  O.K, Am obviously misinformed.Can't trust other forums obviously.
Personally would prefer Woo .but that's just me.
Also" He "should have an" S" in front of it on your intro, I'm a Girl !

Fixed, terribly sorry!
o2smile.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #4,626 of 13,139
  How does the midrange and vocals compare between lcd-2 and hd650?

Midrange is smoother on LCD-2. Vocals are a bit more forward compared to HD650.

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #4,627 of 13,139
  SHe probably was thinking of the Vahalla OTL. The Lyr in either revision seems to be the most often paired amp with LCD-2's!

And with a damn good reason! I put some 1977 Voskhod grays in mine and, well, I'm done shopping. The LCD-X calls to me, but I'm not worrying about a dang thing until I see what the prototype Z is going to be. 

EDIT: oh man I really hope that "BANNED" tag stays. That is AWESOME haha. 

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #4,629 of 13,139
I'd say it's a long story, but it's not a long story. More like it's a stupid story and I'm sure if I got to talking about it I'd end up banned again.

But hey, I had my LCD-2's to keep me company!

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #4,630 of 13,139
Could anyone with a LCD-2F be so kind as to take pictures of the fazor assemblies on the inside (with the pads removed) and outside (with grille removed)? I want to recreate Audeze's fazors for a 3d printing project, but there's not many good pictures out there. Tyll's information is useful, but focuses more on the theoretical and sound more than the physical implementation.

Thanks!

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #4,631 of 13,139
Actually that's a good question: is it possible to simply upgrade your own LCD-2.2 to the fazor model? Like could one contact Audeze, get some fazors, and put them in the housing? 

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #4,632 of 13,139
This is a bit off topic, has anyone dealt with USPS money orders before?

I was talking to a guy on head-fi about selling my LCD-2 to him, he wanted to pay with a USPS money order.  I asked if he could do paypal instead, but he said he didn't see my message in time and has already sent the money order in the mail.

I feel this guy is a tad bit over-zealous, but apparently I can verify if the money is legit by calling the USPS # and giving them the number on the money order.  Has anyone ever dealt with this type of thing before?

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #4,633 of 13,139
I think there are some changes that your average user wouldn't want to do - I think the Fazors are bolted / screwed in to the driver's front and rear housing (but some pictures would go a long way towards confirmation!). You may be able to use epoxy or something though. I was planning on using hot glue to secure plastic fazors, as that would be secure but removable.

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #4,634 of 13,139
  This is a bit off topic, has anyone dealt with USPS money orders before?

I was talking to a guy on head-fi about selling my LCD-2 to him, he wanted to pay with a USPS money order.  I asked if he could do paypal instead, but he said he didn't see my message in time and has already sent the money order in the mail.

I feel this guy is a tad bit over-zealous, but apparently I can verify if the money is legit by calling the USPS # and giving them the number on the money order.  Has anyone ever dealt with this type of thing before?

Just send the item after the check is cashed.

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #4,635 of 13,139

Just send the item after it's cashed.

After reading more online about money orders, it says that the bank will give me the money on the spot, but it takes a few days for them to receive payment from the "issuer" of the money order, so it could be fake, they give me the money, then try to contact the issuer and it's invalid, thus taking my money back.

Apparently USPS money orders are verified 2 days after cashing, so I think I'm relatively safe.  I'm just really nervous as I've never dealt with it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back