Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #2,686 of 13,139
Have you tried the foam headband?

No. I wasn't disagreeing with other user's experiences per say. I only wanted to point out that some of us are very satisfied with the leather headband, and I don't think that new prospective owners should be afraid of purchasing an LCD 2 because of the band. I personally wouldn't opt for the foam band if it were available, as I like the comfort and aesthetics of the leather band, but that's me.

Who knows, perhaps I just have an odd shaped head.
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #2,689 of 13,139
Well... it's official, just saw a great price for these... couldn't resist, so not I'm officially part of this club
o2smile.gif
So far... very... VERY pleased
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #2,690 of 13,139

I'm interested in the answer to this as well.

I head they are using the same foam, but different leather. Leather on the LCD3 is higher quality. 
I assume that the shape of the pads affect sound signature more than then the leather quality. Therefore, whatever pads you are going to use, will sound identical. 

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #2,691 of 13,139
Just wondering if anyone thinks the current LCD-2 is a bit brighter than the LCD-2 Rev 2?

Sorry if it's been covered, don't have the time to read through the whole thread.

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2,692 of 13,139
Isn't the current one = the Rev. 2? or was there another revision?

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2,693 of 13,139
I read that somewhere, don't know much more. I's not going to be night and day.

A lcd 2.2 and new ones have the same sound signature

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #2,694 of 13,139
I just was at the end of the ordering process on Audeze.com. Do you really have to add the Travel Case or the Showcase as an extra product and add another 75 dollars? Are they for real?

UPDATE: Contacted Audeze. I was wrong. The LCD-2 is automatically shipped with the Travel Case. And it is in the description...Oh my.

UPDATE 2: Ordered :)

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #2,695 of 13,139
  Just wondering if anyone thinks the current LCD-2 is a bit brighter than the LCD-2 Rev 2?

Sorry if it's been covered, don't have the time to read through the whole thread.

There have been reports of that, yeah, I even remember a member not too long ago (don't remember the name, sorry) who had experience with an LCD-2 rev 2 for awhile, then bought a new one and was disappointed that it was brighter (to the degree that he wanted to return it) and a couple other members noticed similar changes. If you look at some of the newer graphs members are posting, they seem to dip less in the upper midrange and curve up faster in the treble range. Some are flat-ish after this, others spike and roll off after. This was a bit after Audeze changed their pads to the LCD-3 memory foam, I think.

Here is my graph as an example.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #2,697 of 13,139

There have been reports of that, yeah, I even remember a member not too long ago (don't remember the name, sorry) who had experience with an LCD-2 rev 2 for awhile, then bought a new one and was disappointed that it was brighter (to the degree that he wanted to return it) and a couple other members noticed similar changes. If you look at some of the newer graphs members are posting, they seem to dip less in the upper midrange and curve up faster in the treble range. Some are flat-ish after this, others spike and roll off after. This was a bit after Audeze changed their pads to the LCD-3 memory foam, I think.

Here is my graph as an example.

This might explain why I was so taken aback by the LCD2s that I auditioned. I'd heard so much about how they're bottom-heavy planars and whatnot, but the pair I tried were crazy bright and I just wasn't a fan at all.

Mar 21, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #2,699 of 13,139
Hmmm interesting... I'll have to take a peek @ my recently acquired pair's freq graph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back