Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #12,961 of 13,139
In my country, the local Audeze agent has no tech support. When the one driver on my 2014 LCD2F stopped working, I purchased two new drivers and a set of new earpads from Audeze and changed the drivers myself. You simply need to be able to solder 4 wires.

https://www.avforums.co.za/threads/how-to-change-audeze-lcd-drivers.95519/
I posted a step by step guide and some photos on our local (South African) AV forum.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #12,962 of 13,139
All of a sudden one driver died in my Audeze LCD2 original, bamboo (non fazor) for no apparent reason. Refurbishing with two new fazor drivers by Audeze would - including service cost, parts, freight, custom fees and VAT - cost me $670 (I recently also bought the new pads, 100 bucks). Too much to be defensible, located in Sweden.

So I thought I might take a chance to find a used driver, maybe it works, maybe not. Anyone out there with half a LCD2?

IMG_3025.jpg
Hi had exactly the same issue. After 10 years of good services one channel died...
So I have a driver left. Mine was rev 2.2

Sep 6, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #12,965 of 13,139
I have a 6 month old LCD-2F, which I love, but my dac/ amp died yesterday. I was using an Element 2, and was happy with it, but it only plays out of the left channel now. Headphones are fine, I tested straight to my source, whew!

What dac/amps pair well that are warm, fun, and musical, for under 500?

Sep 8, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #12,972 of 13,139
I have a 6 month old LCD-2F, which I love, but my dac/ amp died yesterday. I was using an Element 2, and was happy with it, but it only plays out of the left channel now. Headphones are fine, I tested straight to my source, whew!

What dac/amps pair well that are warm, fun, and musical, for under 500?

Schiit Modius and Magnius are excellent for the price. Definitely fit the fun, musical sound.

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #12,973 of 13,139
My problem, too, is that my violectric dha v590 mk2 doesn't have much punch, dynamics, or power. lcd 2 classic with headphones.

https://kennerton.org/shop/clc-04/

I use this cable.

tomorrow I will try it with the basic cable of the lcd 2 classic, which has a 6.3 ending. so it becomes clear whether there is a difference between the outputs of the dha v590 mk 2 xlr vs 6.3.

I heard the lcd 2 classic headphones a while ago from a $100 schiit magni 3 amplifier with the basic headphone cable, and the punch and effect was much more enjoyable.

is it possible that the lcd 2 classic unbalanced 6.3mm sounds better than the xlr, regardless of the amplifier?

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #12,974 of 13,139
Where to buy real leather strap for LCD headband in EU? Whole headband is available in multiple shops, but no need to replace metal parts.
From Audeze, shipping is $75, so that's not an option.
No need to be original strap, but same problem that I couldn't find anything posted from Europe.

Oct 2, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #12,975 of 13,139
Are the ear cushions of the LCD 2 Classic easily removable and replaceable, or cannot they be replaced because they are glued on? have any of you changed the ear cushion on it? I will also ask here, is there a difference in sound between stock LCD artificial leather and sheepskin? possibly the Dekon sheepskin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back