Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #6,076 of 13,140
This is weird and terrifying. Life just started fading out of my LCD-2's but seems to be returning. I tried to compare my amps and dacs but couldn't tell any difference between them. Then sound stage shrunk to tiny size and all life just started fading out. Sounded the same driven from my Z1 compact mobile phone, NFB-15 and Gustard H10. Now life seems to be slowly returning back. What the hell is going on.

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #6,077 of 13,140
  This is weird and terrifying. Life just started fading out of my LCD-2's but seems to be returning. I tried to compare my amps and dacs but couldn't tell any difference between them. Then sound stage shrunk to tiny size and all life just started fading out. Sounded the same driven from my Z1 compact mobile phone, NFB-15 and Gustard H10. Now life seems to be slowly returning back. What the hell is going on.

Your brain. Fatigue, hormones, stress, illnesses, etc all affect your perception. Soundstage doesn't drastically change within the same headphone. In terms of soundstage, the headphone either works or it doesn't. Other things like distortion and clipping are real malfunctions, but soundstage isn't one of them if you have sound coming out of both channels.

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #6,078 of 13,140
  Your brain. Fatigue, hormones, stress, illnesses, etc all affect your perception. Soundstage doesn't drastically change within the same headphone. In terms of soundstage, the headphone either works or it doesn't. Other things like distortion and clipping are real malfunctions, but soundstage isn't one of them if you have sound coming out of both channels.

Sound was totally different. Lifeless and dull didn't have any impact. Covering the ear cups didn't have much of effect. Normally that would have huge impact on sound. Honestly I am at loss of words trying to explain what just happened. I was sure these headphones were busted for good

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #6,079 of 13,140

Sound was totally different. Lifeless and dull didn't have any impact. Covering the ear cups didn't have much of effect. Normally that would have huge impact on sound. Honestly I am at loss of words trying to explain what just happened. I was sure these headphones were busted for good

That's a different situation. I guess play them for a while and observe other changes.

Apr 16, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #6,080 of 13,140

Did you try cleaning your ears? I'm serious, no offense. I experienced this, thought my amp and/or HP got broken and I haven't listened to music for a while so the difference was bit substantial. After I thought of putting oil in my eardrums and then drained it properly, a miracle happened...lol

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #6,081 of 13,140
Did you try cleaning your ears? I'm serious, no offense. I experienced this, thought my amp and/or HP got broken and I haven't listened to music for a while so the difference was bit substantial. After I thought of putting oil in my eardrums and then drained it properly, a miracle happened...lol

With water when showering and q tips usually in the morning. Cleaned them now just to make sure.

I tried my speakers and they don't sound like I remember them sounding. It was too late to try yesterday. I did start working on Monday after over 3 months of being unemployed. Haven't gotten much sleep. So maybe it's best to put down my gear and give it a try after couple good night sleeps during weekend.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #6,082 of 13,140
  With water when showering and q tips usually in the morning. Cleaned them now just to make sure.

I tried my speakers and they don't sound like I remember them sounding. It was too late to try yesterday. I did start working on Monday after over 3 months of being unemployed. Haven't gotten much sleep. So maybe it's best to put down my gear and give it a try after couple good night sleeps during weekend.

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #6,084 of 13,140

many prefer the lcd-2 to the alpha prime, he-560, pm1, and even hd800 and he-6. Even between the lcd-x/3 some prefer the lcd-2 for its darker lush tonality. They are incredible headphones and are going to be considered world class for years.

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #6,085 of 13,140

Protip - don't use q tips, ever (only for external ear cleaning). Can't tell how many times doctors told me that.

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #6,086 of 13,140
Protip - don't use q tips, ever (only for external ear cleaning). Can't tell how many times doctors told me that.

Yup! Q-tips just impact ear wax and makes it worse.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #6,087 of 13,140

Just pour few drops of oil, let it stay and go really inside the eardrums for a few seconds, then drain. Amazing how this made the sound out of my HPs much clearer and detailed!

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #6,088 of 13,140

That's a misconception. Q-tips are fine as long as you aren't going far past the opening of your ear (and many people mine for ear wax instead of a shallow clean.) You're suppose to cover the cotton with ear drops, but no one does that.

I have to clean my ears out with q tips after a shower because my ears will keep the water settling in it instead of draining.

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #6,090 of 13,140

many prefer the lcd-2 to the alpha prime, he-560, pm1, and even hd800 and he-6. Even between the lcd-x/3 some prefer the lcd-2 for its darker lush tonality. They are incredible headphones and are going to be considered world class for years.

Fair, but I have also read posts from users who easily prefer the 560 over the LCD 2, even in some cases over the 3. It is very personal. For the record, the one time I got to hear LCD 2 with Fazor I was very impressed and it wasn't hard to hear why so many people love the LCD 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back