Audez'e LCD-2 design update
Mar 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #49 of 137

Quote:
Personally I don't really care for the zebrawood on the LCD-3. It's not unattractive per se, but I just don't find it particularly appealing, either. 

Yup, I absolutely agree. I find the zebrawood and brown leather give it a pretty classy, expensive? look but just isn't really my thing. I actually prefer the Stax 009/Senn HD-800 modern avant garde look  but the LCD-3s sound, just brilliant :D

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #50 of 137
+1. And I like the new angled connectors on the LCD-2 better, appearing to sport a dark composite casing compared to the chrome-plated ones on the LCD-3

Quote:
Personally I don't really care for the zebrawood on the LCD-3. It's not unattractive per se, but I just don't find it particularly appealing, either. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #52 of 137
Hmmm.... seem like the warranty is 1 year only which stated there... No update?

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #53 of 137
Looks really hot with the bamboo and the black angled connectors.  If I wasn't a fan of the aesthetics before (even with the LCD-3), with these newest pictures I would really like to put this new one on display in my home.

Still trying to decide if the house sound is too dark for me though.  So far I feel the pull of the compass toward "just deal with it."

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #54 of 137
Gotta say I'm a bit frustrated with all the updates to the LCD 2. I've been happy with mine for months now so I can't complain too much...but that new look is hot.

Heck I'd consider selling mine and getting the new ones just for the black connectors.

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #55 of 137
I like the black connectors a lot more than the chrome LCD-3 ones.

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #58 of 137
These sell fairly well so I'd like to think they have quite a few made already. Never hurts to ask, but I'd think not.

Quote:

Anyone know if its possible to make a custom order like that? An LCD-3 with black connectors and black leather would be awesome!

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #59 of 137
Have to join in and admit that, while I won't give up my LCD-3 anytime soon, this is their nicest design yet, esp. if all leather is black as well. I even prefer the more understated dark bamboo frame. Since they standardized the frames, yoke etc. it should be quite doable so I wonder if they'll offer a paid upgrade option and how much it would be...

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #60 of 137
b77a3f3d_lcd2-headphone01_2.jpeg

I am so all over these, my credit card is about to hemorrhage!

Impressive...Most Impressive! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back