Audeze LCD-1
Jun 17, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #931 of 1,087
Do we have any links for this model?
No links. The head of Audeze mentioned it to (I think) Resolve during one of his CanJam videos. I just hope the LCD-1C or BT will be easier to upgrade the firmware than the Mobius.

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #932 of 1,087
No links. The head of Audeze mentioned it to (I think) Resolve during one of his CanJam videos. I just hope the LCD-1C or BT will be easier to upgrade the firmware than the Mobius.

If it's anything like the Cipher cable then it should be awesome quality :D

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #935 of 1,087
It's been a long, long time since I've been on head-fi. And really for no real reason except that I had settled on my endgame headphones the LCD-X driven by a liquid carbon and an Oppo105D. With my portable setup as the PM3 and the HA-2 . But as any PM3 owner will attest the leather starts peeling after a while and having replaced the ear pads I couldnt find a good aesthetic solution for the headband and so the search began for the replacement. And lo and behold there was a sale for the A stock Mobius and Bstock LCD1. Each for $299, So $598 later here I am.

After three weeks of listening I have the following conclusions: The LCD1 sounds better than the PM3, so mission accomplished. As far as the bass is concerned it is all there without being over emphasized. Kinda like the PM3. But Oppo had built a bass boost for that very purpose on the HA2. So if I feel like it I cranks that up but invariably I turn it off since I prefer their default presentation. They are more resolving, with natural mids and open highs. Yes the soundstage is narrow, but its tight and precise. And less closed than the closed back PM3. For the full shebang I still have the LCDX which obviously sound like in another league. The LCD1s are therefore relegated for my home office and the LCDX for my bedroom, where I am not multitasking as much.

Now the Mobius, I had gotten this since I couldnt decide between the two with the intention of returning one after the comparison. But I like it enough to actually keep it for work calls and video watching in the home office. They sound more V shaped and have the cool 3d and head tracking feature that is great for watching video. They have now replaced my Sony 1000XM3 as my travelling and work call headphone, my Sonys have now gone to my wife who is not so finicky about SQ. The Mobius is clearly the best sounding bluetooth headphone I've heard. Between the LCD1 driven by the HA2 amd the Mobius via LDAC, I still do prefer the LCD1 but barely. The mobius are very good indeed and have more convenience and features. Now if I can get that PM3 headband fixed with some real leather I'd have a worthy backup as well.

With Audeze's return policy, it's a no brainer to audition both headphones if you're in the market. LCD1 would appeal to more traditional audiophiles where the Mobius is more future-fi (to borrow from John Darko's vocab). I would encourage anyone to audition these. The Mobius for a more "exciting" sound and the LCD1 for a more resolving and neutral one. I mainly listen to jazz, vocals, 80s pop and some electronic music.

Happy hunting.

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #936 of 1,087
I prefer the fit of my LCD-1 over the Mobius and honestly when the BT version drops my Mobius will remain at home for gaming.

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #938 of 1,087
With cypher you have an app with EQ it’s very interesting. Lcd1 is open headphone ans it will not be the best nomad. I use it with xcan (lcd1) very good combo.

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #939 of 1,087
Xcan with lcd1

Attachments

• 064B46AE-B759-4F1B-AED9-24C1100C0088.jpeg
    064B46AE-B759-4F1B-AED9-24C1100C0088.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Jul 27, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #940 of 1,087
I am looking for headphones to connect to my iphone and I want to know which of the two sounds better. Thank you.

I use my LCD-1's with an AudioQuest Cobalt and my iPhone XS Max. Makes for a wonderful combination when I reach my destination. But being open back, the LCD-1 is not going to off a quiet background while traveling. I use my Shure IEM's when moving, and the LCD-1's on arrival. (The LCD-1's pack small so you can literally take them anywhere.)

Jul 28, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #942 of 1,087
I tried the sine and I was impressed by its sound. Do you think the LCD-1 will impress me the same?
Think it’s different but yeah you will be impress.
May be choose the one who will be usefull in your life

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #943 of 1,087
I don't like an exaggerated bass, I prefer them balanced, with good bass, good medium and good treble and that they have punch and forceful. That when I listen to pop, rock and ballads I can listen all the instruments and voices with strength, detail and clarity. Which of the two does it better? xD Thanks.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #944 of 1,087
I can’t say if lcd1 is better than sine (i haven’t got it) but lcd1 is really good about all your different points

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #945 of 1,087
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the 2.5mm balanced Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2 cable with the LCD-1 since they both terminate to a 3.5mm TRS for the headphones. Obviously not interchangeable, but I was curious if it would function if the correct Left/Right indicators are used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back