Audeze LCD-1
Jun 14, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #916 of 1,085
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for headphones for beatmaking and mixing (Ableton Live). Does anyone use LCD-1 for that? It would be interesting for me as LCD-2 owner to have that headphones, but how do they suit with that? And will the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen reveal the LCD-1?

Thanks

Jun 14, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #917 of 1,085
If you want an Oppo check the new headphone from Drop which is a tweaked PM-3 and with wireless capability, but if you prefer open the LCD-1 is a good choice.
Which exact model is that on Drop?

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #920 of 1,085
Seriously? That’s a wireless headphone.

Well yeah, the person you quoted already said that. It's a wireless planar headphone based on the Oppo PM-3 driver with integrated THX tech. It can also be used wired.

Jun 16, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #922 of 1,085
Just got my LCD1s from the forums here, and it has some bad creaking issues. Similar to the ones Chronos described in his recent review. Do you think Audeze would replace these under warranty?

I believe they have been known to honor warranties if you can produce the original invoice from authorized dealer and it's within the timeframe from that date which would keep it under warranty.

Who is Chronos?

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #924 of 1,085
So my creaking headband would be covered under warranty as long as I have the invoice then?

Sorry Its Chrono

I have only read that reported from others, but the only way to know for certain is to contact Audeze customer service and ask them directly.

I don’t know who Chrono is, either, but I liked the review.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #926 of 1,085
I wonder why Audeze didn't come out with a BT version for these wonderful cans?

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #928 of 1,085
Jun 17, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #930 of 1,085
Just got my LCD1s from the forums here, and it has some bad creaking issues. Similar to the ones Chronos described in his recent review. Do you think Audeze would replace these under warranty?
I Don't think getting a different pair will help. I looked at my own pair and it's definitely coming from the hinge. There's a lot of plastic flexing and creaking together with every little move.Unless they have made a major change I think every lcd-1 is probably pretty creaky, in fact the creakiest headphones I've ever used.

The build on these is below their price point, but the drivers/sound are above it to me. With the super light weight and comfort for what they are I just accept the creaking. My arthritic neck probably couldn't even handle the weight of anything else in the LCD series or any other full sized PM headphones from other companies.

With electronics I don't think either oil or graphite is a good idea in case the hinge hole leads into the driver area. If someone could speak to Audeze and find out if the hinge area is isolated from the area where the drivers are that would be cool though. It opens up the possibility of a lubricant based fix for the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back