Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 13, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #7,261 of 7,352
Dude these Audeze are made to EQ... They sound nearly crap without it.
Agreed, and that also goes for the lcdi4's. But once you tweek to your liking....endgame. For me anyway :)

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #7,262 of 7,352
Agreed, and that also goes for the lcdi4's. But once you tweek to your liking....endgame. For me anyway :)

These Koss 950's blow the i3 out of the water on all accounts and definitely my preferred for main listening but for portable listening these i3 beat any in ear or portable headphone I've ever owned, hands down. The Koss are portable technically and actually come with a C-cell battery pack but obviously they're huge so I don't count them lol.

Sep 14, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #7,264 of 7,352
These Koss 950's blow the i3 out of the water on all accounts and definitely my preferred for main listening but for portable listening these i3 beat any in ear or portable headphone I've ever owned, hands down. The Koss are portable technically and actually come with a C-cell battery pack but obviously they're huge so I don't count them lol.
Sounds like the i4 would be a terrific upgrade :) something to look forward to, if that's something you had in mind :p

Sep 15, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #7,266 of 7,352
Guys try them on your desktop setups. I find the 10s way more enjoyable with just powering them properly and I have the BT cable.....it's not enough power to make them shine and I'd also argue anything short of 1w isn't enough.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #7,267 of 7,352
Sounds like the i4 would be a terrific upgrade :) something to look forward to, if that's something you had in mind :p

i4's I'm sure are better than the i3's but I don't know if they're $1,000+ better...I'm really satisfied with the i3's and the 5K honestly. I know things can be way better on both ends but for the money and the sound it delivers it's better than anything else "portable" that I've heard. I would doubt that the i4's can go head to head with my 950's though...possibly...the i3's are pretty good.

Guys try them on your desktop setups. I find the 10s way more enjoyable with just powering them properly and I have the BT cable.....it's not enough power to make them shine and I'd also argue anything short of 1w isn't enough.

Yeah the BT cable they come with are bad...I'd say not just lacking in power but lacking in quality as well. For the $100 the Cipher Bluetooth cable cost vs. the Qudelix 5K for the same price the difference on all fronts are night and day.

But they definitely do need power and EQ if you can.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #7,268 of 7,352
But how do you use it with 5K?
In the 5K app you chose the appropriate eq preset from the list, it will the apply the appropriate eq settings for the headphone you've chosen.

Sep 19, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #7,269 of 7,352
I really really like the OrratoryEQ on the Q5K along with the extra juice and processing

“really makes them sing” is apt to my experience

it’s almost like falling in love with them again

stupendous you can get that kind of sound and functionality for real modest cash with that pairing

it also works with the iPhone camera dongle for lossless

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #7,273 of 7,352
Can you please make a screenshot showing available presets in the app?
The latest 5k firmware update has *thousands* of different profiles, specific to different headphones, from the Auto
EQ project. See https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results for details. (I’m not sure if all of the master DB is in the 5k or how often it is updated.)

This can be found via “AUTO EQ PRESET” on the top-right of the DSP/EQ page in the 5K app. The AutoEQ presets for the iSine (10/20, no exact i3; have -17db and 20db peaks, although the final graph is a good bit lower) and a non-EQ / non-Cipher i3 sounds like muddy dung. With the AutoEQ settings (which almost flips everything), it gets back to a good baseline to tweak.

Then there are about a dozen “standard” profiles like Bass Boost, etc. Similar as one can find under the OS audio settings.

Attached is a slightly modified iSine 20 AutoEQ profile that I was using yesterday on the i3’s. I figured since they sound like the 10’s which in turn should sound mostly like the 20’s per the AutoEQ recommendations..

As it stands, I still wouldn’t recommend a i3 to replace an iSine10 though. If there is a difference, I can’t hear it— and both miss the “thump” energy of a DD with a good seal.

Attachments

• 4078D565-67A2-42D0-9F5E-9942653BBB78.jpeg
    4078D565-67A2-42D0-9F5E-9942653BBB78.jpeg
    638.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #7,274 of 7,352
The latest 5k firmware update has *thousands* of different profiles, specific to different headphones, from the Auto
EQ project. See https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results for details. (I’m not sure if all of the master DB is in the 5k or how often it is updated.)

This can be found via “AUTO EQ PRESET” on the top-right of the DSP/EQ page in the 5K app. The AutoEQ presets for the iSine (10/20, no exact i3; have -17db and 20db peaks, although the final graph is a good bit lower) and a non-EQ / non-Cipher i3 sounds like muddy dung. With the AutoEQ settings (which almost flips everything), it gets back to a good baseline to tweak.

Then there are about a dozen “standard” profiles like Bass Boost, etc. Similar as one can find under the OS audio settings.

Attached is a slightly modified iSine 20 AutoEQ profile that I was using yesterday on the i3’s. I figured since they sound like the 10’s which in turn should sound mostly like the 20’s per the AutoEQ recommendations..

As it stands, I still wouldn’t recommend a i3 to replace an iSine10 though. If there is a difference, I can’t hear it— and both miss the “thump” energy of a DD with a good seal.
I guess I need to update the firmware...

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #7,275 of 7,352

I purchased the iSine LX during the Valentine's Day sale last year and listened to them for 5 minutes, put them in a drawer and never listened to them again. They sounded just plain terrible. I heard the Cipher cable made a big difference but I didn't want a bluetooth cable and the wired versions are nowhere to be found.

I decided to give them another try today after coming across your post and I wanted to say THANK YOU. They are completely different headphones with the EQ. I didn't even tweak further and I'm blown away by the difference from no tuning. All I did was go to the iSine 10 EQ section, import the ParametricEQ.txt into Peace, plug into my Asgard 3, and I was good to go.

HUGE difference. They sound extremely nice and I can't believe they sound this good for $59 or even anywhere remotely close to that price point..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back