Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 3, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #7,231 of 7,352
So I've spent a little bit of time with my i3's and have to say I am really impressed. They sound better than my se846's in almost every discernable way, to my untrained ear at least. I am really enjoying listening to my music all over again with these IEM's. A few observations though:

1) I am using them exclusively with the cipher wired cable at the moment which is great but:
a) I can only go up to 65-70% before they become too loud and I notice some distortion (which isn't an issue as they are too loud at this level to enjoy anyway). My issue is more that the increments below this threshold are too few. Sometimes I find myself pressing the up volume button but it's a tad too loud, next I press the down volume button but then it's too quiet. Anyone else experience this?
b) The cable doesn't have a 'joiner' collar above the remote/dac which means the two cables going to each unit hang loosely around my neck. I think a collar would help taper the cables in around my neck/jaw and help with keeping the units in place with the ear hooks.

2) The fit is ok, but I find there is some movement if I use the ear hooks and the tips don't have a triple flange variant. I used to use triple flange tips with my se846 that fitted really well, does anyone know if I can find some aftermarket tips that might give me a better fit?

3) The case is not very protective. What cases are people using here to keep these protected when you are transporting them in a bag or big pocket?

4) External noise isn't awful and I quite like the open soundstage and incomplete isolation from the outside.

5) The cables seem quite thin and a tad worried about how well they will hold up to regular daily use.

That's about it for now... might try out the BT cable soon and see how it compares.

I forget if the Cipher cable can be adjusted smoothly or if it’s locked to steps. But you can try to slide the slider between the two clicks and see if that works for you. A lot of BT headphones tend to be locked to pre-defined steps though. It may be possible to do a DIY joiner, but I don’t have too many ideas for you regarding that unfortunately.

Regarding fit, if you don’t like the ear hooks, you could purchase a fit kit from Audeze which includes ear fins; those are more stable than not having the fins, but not as stable as the hooks; I currently use mine with the fins. As for tip selection, you could tip role with them, just make sure the ID of the tip is smaller than the OD of the headphone’s nozzle.

I actually have been using a pouch for them (which is arguably even less protective). The BT cable works, but it really darkens up the sound signature unfortunately. The wired Lightning cable seems to be the best choice outside EQing them.

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #7,232 of 7,352
So I've spent a little bit of time with my i3's and have to say I am really impressed. They sound better than my se846's in almost every discernable way, to my untrained ear at least. I am really enjoying listening to my music all over again with these IEM's. A few observations though:

1) I am using them exclusively with the cipher wired cable at the moment which is great but:
a) I can only go up to 65-70% before they become too loud and I notice some distortion (which isn't an issue as they are too loud at this level to enjoy anyway). My issue is more that the increments below this threshold are too few. Sometimes I find myself pressing the up volume button but it's a tad too loud, next I press the down volume button but then it's too quiet. Anyone else experience this?
b) The cable doesn't have a 'joiner' collar above the remote/dac which means the two cables going to each unit hang loosely around my neck. I think a collar would help taper the cables in around my neck/jaw and help with keeping the units in place with the ear hooks.

2) The fit is ok, but I find there is some movement if I use the ear hooks and the tips don't have a triple flange variant. I used to use triple flange tips with my se846 that fitted really well, does anyone know if I can find some aftermarket tips that might give me a better fit?

3) The case is not very protective. What cases are people using here to keep these protected when you are transporting them in a bag or big pocket?

4) External noise isn't awful and I quite like the open soundstage and incomplete isolation from the outside.

5) The cables seem quite thin and a tad worried about how well they will hold up to regular daily use.

That's about it for now... might try out the BT cable soon and see how it compares.
As other person said fine tune volume on iPhone display in there use stuck with the volume steps. Regarding tips these aren’t meant to have a super deep and tight seal. Light seal for soundstage etc. these shouldn’t be super deep in the ear. No isolation provided anyhow

Mar 10, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #7,233 of 7,352
Anyone using Spinfit CP500 with ISine20....?
Looking at either CP500 and CP155 if anyone has tried both on i20 ?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #7,234 of 7,352
Hi, droppin'in with just a quick line on something I am selling (here), just because to me it's the perfect match in terms of cables for the iSine 20 (dunno about the 10 frankly though). It really lifts up the "veil" and give it a further punch and rumble, opens up the scene etc... worthy upgrade to me :)

Mar 28, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #7,236 of 7,352
Just got these today, and the driver flex on the left unit is very high. To the point that I'm unable to insert them into my ear without hearing some popping on the driver.. Is this something that'll damage the headphones?
No it won't. They still consider it within normal working order. It sounds a bit like a crinkling paper, right? I had it on my isine-20 and my lcd-i4, all the pairs I had before they decided to call this within normal working order. It won't harm the headphones

Mar 28, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #7,237 of 7,352
No it won't. They still consider it within normal working order. It sounds a bit like a crinkling paper, right? I had it on my isine-20 and my lcd-i4, all the pairs I had before they decided to call this within normal working order. It won't harm the headphones
Yes, when inserting the headphones, I get the crinkling paper sound.. Even if I'm extremely slow / careful while doing it. Getting a seal without the crinkling seems impossible

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #7,238 of 7,352
Most likely it is your left ear drum interacting with the driver membrane. I bet you will also experience cracking noise when inserting the right unit to your left ear.

Try opening your mouth slightly while inserting the iSine to balance the eardrum pressure, similar to what you would do during flight take off.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #7,239 of 7,352
Most likely it is your left ear drum interacting with the driver membrane. I bet you will also experience cracking noise when inserting the right unit to your left ear.

Try opening your mouth slightly while inserting the iSine to balance the eardrum pressure, similar to what you would do during flight take off.
Actually, I just tried the right unit in my left ear and there was no crackling (I tried to rotate the unit to match the insert angle like the left one too).. Opening my mouth while inserting the unit does help a little though..

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #7,240 of 7,352
My guess is when the isines magnetically attract each other if sitting next to each other on a desk or in pockets, it stresses the planar disc inside..i3 is even more powerful...the IEMs jump on each other if facing back-to-back in proximity...I prefered i20 to i3 hands-down btw.

Mar 28, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #7,241 of 7,352
Anyone using Spinfit CP500 with ISine20....?
Looking at either CP500 and CP155 if anyone has tried both on i20 ?

I bought the SpinFit CP155. Unfortunately, in S. They fall out smaller than the originals. Thus, always take a size size.

Fit very well on it. Since I have them new, I can unfortunately say nothing about longevity. And besides, unfortunately the S are too small for me and thus slip out more easily.

Sonically, I can unfortunately give no statement, because the S thus not properly sealing.

Apr 1, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #7,242 of 7,352
Spinfit CP500 brilliant brilliant for iSine20...makes it more like an XC to my ears...very clean/clear imaging/extended both ends and still warmish and the Comply Comfort tips more like a pre-fazor LCD-2, dark/full and rolled off !
Another thing off the list...great.

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #7,243 of 7,352
Hey everyone! I just got my iSine 10 from the Adorama b-stock sale and I’ve got to say they’re pretty amazing for what they are. Especially at that b-stock sale price. I’m running off of a Qudelix 5k with Oratory’s eq profile.

Does anyone have any cable recommendations that terminate in 2.5mm? I bought one off Amazon but it doesn’t fit properly and slips out very easily.

May 19, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #7,244 of 7,352
Just wanted to share my little Frankenstein creation.

It consists of the Audeze LCD-i3 in-ear planar headphone, a Qudelix 5K Bluetooth Amp with magnetic USB-C charger/data connection, a 18-core HiFi-Hear 2.5mm balanced cable, a sacrificial and butchered vintage Sony TRH-2 headphone/band, and about ~16 zip-ties and a few feet of electrical tape.

Looks like crap but MY GOD does it sound absolutely amazing! One of the best things I've ever heard and I'm not afraid to admit it, I just don't care for the looks I sometimes get lol...

Attachments

• YG3y4xn.jpg
    YG3y4xn.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 0
May 19, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #7,245 of 7,352
Just wanted to share my little Frankenstein creation.

It consists of the Audeze LCD-i3 in-ear planar headphone, a Qudelix 5K Bluetooth Amp with magnetic USB-C charger/data connection, a 18-core HiFi-Hear 2.5mm balanced cable, a sacrificial and butchered vintage Sony TRH-2 headphone/band, and about ~16 zip-ties and a few feet of electrical tape.

Looks like crap but MY GOD does it sound absolutely amazing! One of the best things I've ever heard and I'm not afraid to admit it, I just don't care for the looks I sometimes get lol...
Hardcore modder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back