Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 17, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #7,216 of 7,348
Awesome, I'll check Audeze's site. Thanks for the tip. Yeah for some reason they seem to sound better the longer I listen to them. They've replaced my Sundara's as my daily driver for the moment, and I think they're doing a solid job. Now I'm wondering how much better the 20's or the i3's are lol. Audeze is smart by luring us in with the cheap ones first :)
If you like their house sound they did an amazing job on hooking people with the "cheap" stuff lol.

Feb 17, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #7,217 of 7,348
If you like their house sound they did an amazing job on hooking people with the "cheap" stuff lol.

I'm not sure what their "house" sound is to be honest. I have their Mobius, iSine 10, and Sine on hand, they each really sounded distinctly different in the way the sound was presented. The Mobius is nearly DF neutral to my ears.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #7,218 of 7,348
I'm not sure what their "house" sound is to be honest. I have their Mobius, iSine 10, and Sine on hand, they each really sounded distinctly different in the way the sound was presented. The Mobius is nearly DF neutral to my ears.
Usually people associate audeze with having the most quantity of bass while still Remaining accurate.

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #7,219 of 7,348
Did you have any luck with the new cable?

I am looking to move from a pair of se846’s to the LCDi3 as shure don’t seem to support an iPhone DAC and the wireless tw1 is awful.

I use my headphones for everything from running to casual listening but just wondering how bad the noise isolation is. I am actually ok with outside noise leaking in as it’s safer when I am out running and I never have liked noise cancellation but I’m just wondering what a bit of wind would sound like with these in your

Have they been otherwise reliable?

thanks.

I recently bought the LCD-i3's, and I am truly in love. I do, however, use them almost exclusively with the Cipher V2 cable, and this has stopped working after literally 2 months. I only use them at my desk, so it isn't from them getting tangled or abused. The issue isn't from the cable losing connection, the sound is like there is electronic interference in just the right ear; I'm wondering if it's to do with the DAC itself.

After many emails, Audeze has finally agreed to supply me with a replacement cable, although I'm concerned I'll have the same issue in another few months. Considering these earphones really do need this cable to get the best sound out of them, I'm worried about this.

Has anybody else encountered anything similar?

I typically use these with my iphone, or plugged into my macbook pro through the lightning->USBC Anker adapter.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #7,220 of 7,348
Did you have any luck with the new cable?

I am looking to move from a pair of se846’s to the LCDi3 as shure don’t seem to support an iPhone DAC and the wireless tw1 is awful.

I use my headphones for everything from running to casual listening but just wondering how bad the noise isolation is. I am actually ok with outside noise leaking in as it’s safer when I am out running and I never have liked noise cancellation but I’m just wondering what a bit of wind would sound like with these in your

Have they been otherwise reliable?

thanks.
I ha e lcdi4 and isine 20. Tried running with the 20. If eind is blowing, it's not a pleasant experience. Also, being a cable down headphone, they downward force from bouncing is certainly felt. There are some very good tws iems available now. Noble encore pro being among them, and one of my personal favorites

Feb 19, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #7,221 of 7,348
It’s been a while since I was last back on this thread but I’ve just received the cipher bluetooth today as an (supposed to be) upgrade from my tattered ver 1 lightning cipher. This is a definite step down in SQ from my original cable tough, but I’m wondering if it’s due to the lack of EQ. Also, going wireless is definitely a very nice touch.

Might try to mess around with some app with EQ, any opinion/suggestion about the tuning is greatly appreciated :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #7,222 of 7,348
So the Amazon page for the T600 says they should fit, however, Comply's website actually doesn't have any Audeze headphones in its dataset when you search by headphone models. So that's kind of odd. Might be worth Tweeting Comply or emailing them as well.
The stock tips to me sound the best (I’ve tried spinfit and Otofon tips), maybe since the diameter of the driver is so huge, using a smaller pair significantly lessen the amount of the juicy bass and sound stage. If you can fit the original pair, I think it’s best just staying with them instead of wasting time and effort like I did LOL.

Feb 19, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #7,223 of 7,348
It’s been a while since I was last back on this thread but I’ve just received the cipher bluetooth today as an (supposed to be) upgrade from my tattered ver 1 lightning cipher. This is a definite step down in SQ from my original cable tough, but I’m wondering if it’s due to the lack of EQ. Also, going wireless is definitely a very nice touch.

Might try to mess around with some app with EQ, any opinion/suggestion about the tuning is greatly appreciated :beyersmile:

I’m actually not sure if the BT cable does any EQ to the sound or not. I’ve been told it does, but it is very different than the Cipher as I found the Cipher to be a lot darker in sound to the BT.

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #7,224 of 7,348
I’m actually not sure if the BT cable does any EQ to the sound or not. I’ve been told it does, but it is very different than the Cipher as I found the Cipher to be a lot darker in sound to the BT.
Cipher is eq'd I have i20 and i4. Cipher for both. They both make a difference. i20 cipher is eq'd more than i4's cipher.

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #7,225 of 7,348
Cipher is eq'd I have i20 and i4. Cipher for both. They both make a difference. i20 cipher is eq'd more than i4's cipher.

I did know the Cipher cable was EQ'd. I wasn't sure if the BT Cipher cable was though, it doesn't seem like it is and if it is it isn't to the degree the original Cipher cable was. Though I guess I never really gave them a proper AB, if I ever dig up my Cipher for my iSIne 10 I might do that though.

Feb 21, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #7,226 of 7,348
Hi all, I bought the iSine 20's 1 month after they released back in 2017 and I have over 500 EQ presets for the iSine 20. Meaning I've been tweaking these at least every other day. Sometimes more than once a day.
I've been trying to give the iSines the potential to let their mids shine, I know it has the potential to have amazing mids. But I don't know how to do it without making the mids honky, so this is what I've been left with. I've managed to make the iSine 20's sound like a generic earphone, I'm struggling with making the treble sound airy without making them harsh, but take a listen if anyone uses Equalizer APO.
This might be my final revision for a while, I've been using this preset for a week and so far I haven't changed a thing.

Filter: ON HSC 9 dB Fc 35 Hz Gain -7 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 280 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 0.9
Filter: ON PK Fc 900 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 1100 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 1400 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 1750 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 3200 Hz Gain 6 dB Q 1.5
Filter: ON PK Fc 4300 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 6
Filter: ON PK Fc 5500 Hz Gain 4 dB Q 3
Filter: ON PK Fc 6900 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 6
Filter: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 6
Filter: ON PK Fc 10200 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 14500 Hz Gain -5 dB Q 7
Capture.PNG

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #7,227 of 7,348
I decided to dig out my Cipher cable on my iSine 10 to compare to the BT since I never really did that. Huge differences, I’m sticking with the Cipher much more linear. The BT cable just makes it sound extremely dark. The trade off is that the bass is extra thick with the BT cable :p I kind of wish I could EQ the BT cable.

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #7,228 of 7,348
I kind of wish I could EQ the BT cable.
You actually can, by using in-app EQ system. For example, in the Flacbox IOS app, I can tune the Cipher BT to be slightly more treble-friendly. However, I also find the EQ doesn’t bring that kind of “magical touch“ and less linear than the lightning cable.

Weird thing is that the cipher BT sound kinda bright and harsh while using with my Fiio M6 (APTX HD) compares with that “thick and slightly dark” signature with my iphone/ipad.

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #7,229 of 7,348
Just managed to locate a set of LCDi3's so keen to see how they fare as day-to-day items vs the SE846's I had, especially with the cipher cable. Not expecting them to be as easy going as the SE846's of course, but it will be interesting to see how much practicality and ease-of-use I am giving up switching from one to the other.

Really excited to hear this lush bass that people talk about with planar magnetic drivers.

I'll report back with my findings when they land and I get a chance to test them out.

Mar 3, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #7,230 of 7,348
So I've spent a little bit of time with my i3's and have to say I am really impressed. They sound better than my se846's in almost every discernable way, to my untrained ear at least. I am really enjoying listening to my music all over again with these IEM's. A few observations though:

1) I am using them exclusively with the cipher wired cable at the moment which is great but:
a) I can only go up to 65-70% before they become too loud and I notice some distortion (which isn't an issue as they are too loud at this level to enjoy anyway). My issue is more that the increments below this threshold are too few. Sometimes I find myself pressing the up volume button but it's a tad too loud, next I press the down volume button but then it's too quiet. Anyone else experience this?
b) The cable doesn't have a 'joiner' collar above the remote/dac which means the two cables going to each unit hang loosely around my neck. I think a collar would help taper the cables in around my neck/jaw and help with keeping the units in place with the ear hooks.

2) The fit is ok, but I find there is some movement if I use the ear hooks and the tips don't have a triple flange variant. I used to use triple flange tips with my se846 that fitted really well, does anyone know if I can find some aftermarket tips that might give me a better fit?

3) The case is not very protective. What cases are people using here to keep these protected when you are transporting them in a bag or big pocket?

4) External noise isn't awful and I quite like the open soundstage and incomplete isolation from the outside.

5) The cables seem quite thin and a tad worried about how well they will hold up to regular daily use.

That's about it for now... might try out the BT cable soon and see how it compares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back