Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Nov 8, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #6,931 of 7,352
Did you listen to the i3 before purchase?

I still struggle to discern any significant difference between my 10's and 20's driven from cipher cable.

I found the same myself mate..but between the i3 and 20 that is.... I had the 10’s and 20’s and got the i3’s as soon as they were available here... I didn’t have the 20’s when I got them as I sold one to get the other... so it wasn’t until I was able to compare my i3’s with my friends 20’s that I could make a good comparison (personal) as before that I was relying on memory....

Must say I was underwhelmed once I did and wished I hadn’t done so.... so much so I sold them... not that they were bad I guess it’s more that niggling you get when you think you didn’t need to spend even more for an iem that isn’t always a practical option for me (with the open back that is)

I would have kept the 20’s if I could make that choice now....

Nov 10, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #6,932 of 7,352
If you have not tried it already, you can use the curved hook with the smooth tips and ear fins. This combination gave me a very good seal and a stable fit.

WOAH! now we're talking! This is a whole new level of perfect fit, and now i can rotate the fins to fit my ears better. Having both the angled hooks, and the fins at the same time is a LOT more secure on my head! This makes these headphones significantly more wearable for me. They fell off way too easily before. Now they're really locked on and still feel very gently secured. This is amazing!

You should advertise this as the best way to use these, or redesign them to integrate better this way or something. Especially making the fins rotatable and not locked into place by default. being able to rotate them makes them much more fit-able.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #6,933 of 7,352
WOAH! now we're talking! This is a whole new level of perfect fit, and now i can rotate the fins to fit my ears better. Having both the angled hooks, and the fins at the same time is a LOT more secure on my head! This makes these headphones significantly more wearable for me. They fell off way too easily before. Now they're really locked on and still feel very gently secured. This is amazing!

You should advertise this as the best way to use these, or redesign them to integrate better this way or something. Especially making the fins rotatable and not locked into place by default. being able to rotate them makes them much more fit-able.

Thanks!

Yeah this was genius. This is my go to setup on my i3.

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #6,934 of 7,352
Hi, still have trouble in finding the ear fins here in EU.. any help? Thanks

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #6,936 of 7,352
Nov 12, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #6,939 of 7,352
Can someone from @Audeze advise if there will ever be a plan for the 4th button on cypher cable? To date it just seems like a waste of space? Couldn’t it be used to switch over eq settings etc?
It is used to mute/unmute the microphone.
iSINE_UserGuide_ENG-EDIT-CC_012318_pdf_-_Google_Drive.png

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 16, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #6,941 of 7,352
Just another application with minimalist approach.

I can't really say what is better about this way other than it was not too expensive parts wise.
Less than a dollar head band, less than a dollar super glue, less than a dollar copper wire, less than a dollar heat shrink and rubber tube, everything else is priceless ["AUDEZE"].

iSineFront1.JPG
iSineBack2.JPG

Nov 27, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #6,943 of 7,352
I want those so bad, ear issues are keeping me from using my 20s currently. Ordered the LCD MX4s instead, maybe next year I can finally pick up the i4s.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back