Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 17, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #6,916 of 7,352
Thanks for the reply. It's because I'm in the UK and I can't find a bluetooth cable that has a 2pin 0.78mm connector. I only seem to come across MMCX bluetooth cables. The R1 Zenith would fit with the Audeze cipher cable as the 2pins on the cable are same size as for the R1 Zenith.

I can't even find a 2pin to MMCX adaptor in order to use a MMCX bluetooth cable.

I'm not really interested in using the cipher settings, I just want a good quality 0.78mm 2pin bluetooth cable. I can't believe that's so hard to find here in the UK. The only one I've come across is the Audeze cipher.

If you, or anyone knows where in UK I can get a good bluetooth cable for the R1 Zenith I would really be thankful.

The Cipher cable will work with any IEM that has a matching connector (I don't know if the R1 Zenith is compatible). However, why would you want to? The whole point of both the wired and Bluetooth Cipher cables is that it applies equalization to fix the frequency response of the iSine IEMs. If you use it with any other headphone, the sound will be equalized in the wrong way.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #6,917 of 7,352
Thanks for the reply. It's because I'm in the UK and I can't find a bluetooth cable that has a 2pin 0.78mm connector. I only seem to come across MMCX bluetooth cables. The R1 Zenith would fit with the Audeze cipher cable as the 2pins on the cable are same size as for the R1 Zenith.

I can't even find a 2pin to MMCX adaptor in order to use a MMCX bluetooth cable.

I'm not really interested in using the cipher settings, I just want a good quality 0.78mm 2pin bluetooth cable. I can't believe that's so hard to find here in the UK. The only one I've come across is the Audeze cipher.

If you, or anyone knows where in UK I can get a good bluetooth cable for the R1 Zenith I would really be thankful.
I see several on Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=0.78mm+bluetooth&i=electronics&ref=nb_sb_noss

Another alternative is to use a small bluetooth receiver such as FiiO BTR3, Radsone ES100, many others.

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #6,919 of 7,352
Another alternative is to use a small bluetooth receiver such as FiiO BTR3, Radsone ES100, many others.
This little guy also works without a power source, toslink sounds great analog too not bad for $20

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #6,920 of 7,352
Just posting for future searchers...I picked up some JVC Spiral Dots (size M - I usually wear the small stock tips, but stock medium fit fine). Really happy with them, even though the installation was a P.I.T.A. I think the main benefit (for me) comes from the fact the Spiral Dots are shorter than the stock tips. Overall, a little more clarity and a little more oomph on the low end.

Oct 29, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #6,921 of 7,352
Using crafting supplies I made slight improvements. The bells are for counter balance, kind of got the idea from TRN bt20s. Nice thing about this approach is that you can pick the gauge of the memory wire and choose as much softness you desire in the wire cover. I used two layers, black rubber and see through silicone. I just superglued crafting copper wire to the clipped off ear hook and shrink wrapped the end. Trouble with this approach is I'm spending too much time experimenting. But I still think there is possibly a better way, still work in progress.

isine10earhook2.JPG

As for 2pin bluetooth Advanced M3 fits the slotted socket.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #6,922 of 7,352
Just got the new accessory kit for my 20's
Was bummed to find that the new ear fins, the main reason I purchased the kit, just don't work for me. I have pretty average ears but I don't know, the headphones fall out easily, and they make the headphones hang really weird out of my ears.

However, the new curved ear hooks are the best!
They fit me perfectly, and the headphones stay snug better then they ever have, and that's Including the 3d printed clips/aftermarket hooks from (sorry forgot your username) that many of us have had great success with.

One huge improvement is that the clips are much tighter on the headphone so that when you rotate the headphone to just the right angle for your head, it stays! as opposed to before where it would slide freely causing the headphones to fall off easily.

was it worth $25 for better ear clips? YES!!!! it really was! they're that much better for me. I sure hope they are durable!

now if audeze could just make it so the cables don't constantly fall out of the headphones we'd actually have a passable product for the first time since their release! :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #6,924 of 7,352
Just got the new accessory kit for my 20's
Was bummed to find that the new ear fins, the main reason I purchased the kit, just don't work for me. I have pretty average ears but I don't know, the headphones fall out easily, and they make the headphones hang really weird out of my ears.

However, the new curved ear hooks are the best!
They fit me perfectly, and the headphones stay snug better then they ever have, and that's Including the 3d printed clips/aftermarket hooks from (sorry forgot your username) that many of us have had great success with.

One huge improvement is that the clips are much tighter on the headphone so that when you rotate the headphone to just the right angle for your head, it stays! as opposed to before where it would slide freely causing the headphones to fall off easily.
If you have not tried it already, you can use the curved hook with the smooth tips and ear fins. This combination gave me a very good seal and a stable fit.
IMG-2408.jpg

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #6,926 of 7,352

These are mmcx to 2 pin adapters.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32994580382.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6c884c4dm2YctS

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #6,928 of 7,352
This is just to prove a 'proof of concept' that you can use a DollarTree Store headphone and install isine.
Notice that the back covers are different. The smaller one is the right size.
The clamp force is too much for in ear, and the headband must be stretched if one desires this much seal for bass for instance.
isineoverfront.JPG isineoverback.JPG

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #6,929 of 7,352
I recently upgraded from the iSine 20 to the LCD i3’s.

mine thing I noticed with the case is that although similar, it had 2 holes drilled out in the top...

I just figured out what these are for... with the right technique and a bit of practice you can twist the i3’s into the case with the ear hooks on

FC3529FD-16D0-45D5-AC8D-50D65323373D.jpeg 0363DA86-D062-4EEA-BBE4-D6C496305485.jpeg CE45478F-3FE2-44E7-99E4-F46F11B2CB86.jpeg BB991DA4-B5D6-4956-907D-DD813FDE4D2E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back