Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 27, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #6,902 of 7,353
I had the accessory kit arrive today with the new ear fins and shaped ear hooks. Haven't tried the hooks yet as I was keen to try the fins.

They took a few goes to get them in the right position, but now they're seated properly, I quite like them. They feel secure enough and definitely comfortable after an hour or so use. Doubt they'd be great for running with though as they don't feel as stable as the hooks.

One thing I have noticed though is the bass on the isine20s is deeper. I put this down to them holding the tip more firmly to my ear canal as now they feel wedged in my ears, rather than just resting inside.

Well after ten days with the new accessory kit, I've actually gone back to the original flat earhooks.

The fins are fine for the first hour or so, but anything more than two hours and I find them uncomfortable. Whilst they fit in my ear quite snug, there is a bit of a learning curve trying to find the best angle to have them at.

As for the curved earhooks, they made the 20s feel too loose on/in my ears. Each time I moved my head, I could feel them moving around. Tried both sizes and had the same issue. By contrast, the flat hooks really grip my ears and there's no movement whatsoever.

Sep 27, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #6,903 of 7,353
Well after ten days with the new accessory kit, I've actually gone back to the original flat earhooks.

The fins are fine for the first hour or so, but anything more than two hours and I find them uncomfortable. Whilst they fit in my ear quite snug, there is a bit of a learning curve trying to find the best angle to have them at.

As for the curved earhooks, they made the 20s feel too loose on/in my ears. Each time I moved my head, I could feel them moving around. Tried both sizes and had the same issue. By contrast, the flat hooks really grip my ears and there's no movement whatsoever.
Did you try a slightly larger eartips? Yes the new earhooks are too loose to say exercise with, but for me at least they are secure enough to move Round with, clean, etc without issue and without discomfort.

Sep 27, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #6,904 of 7,353
Did you try a slightly larger eartips? Yes the new earhooks are too loose to say exercise with, but for me at least they are secure enough to move Round with, clean, etc without issue and without discomfort.

Tried medium and large. I use large with the regular ear hooks and they're just right. Sadly, with either size, the new style hooks just don't work for me.

Sep 28, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #6,905 of 7,353
I’ve just been trying the angled earhook and conch cup on the i3’s and definitely prefer the earhook over the conch cup and the angled over the straight however to get the comfort right (for me) I tried a number of ear tips... I still don’t like the Audeze ones... I didn’t like them on the 10 or 20 either... not just the fit but also the sound I heard...

So then I tried Comply smart core and the T600 both of which I still don’t like with these i3’s.. comfort is okay for an hour or so but the sound is not as good it sort of reduces the soundstage and makes it too warm for me... I then tried the Spinfit 155’s which were comfortable but still didn’t feel like they were properly in my ears (I tried small and medium) and I’ve settled on the Spinfit 230... which for me are perfect... they go nicely into my canal with nice depth and they allow the sound to be opened up...

Now I’m off to try some porridge and my neighbors beds...!!

Love the sound of the i3’s .... sound quality and definition is really nice with my mojo. The cipher cable is nice but at the top end the detail blurs or rather distorts (which I thought it wasn’t supposed to do?!) .... the BT cipher is nice but nowhere near as loud (I tried a few sources like Quboz Tidal etc plus direct through Onkyo HD) sounded very limp but better than it did on the 20’s ...

I haven’t bothered trying the 3.5mm standard cable.... just used my Linum BAX and a few cheaper cables like TRN HiFiHear and **** ...

For me they are definitely an upgrade on the 20’s..

Sep 28, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #6,906 of 7,353
I’ve just been trying the angled earhook and conch cup on the i3’s and definitely prefer the earhook over the conch cup and the angled over the straight however to get the comfort right (for me) I tried a number of ear tips... I still don’t like the Audeze ones... I didn’t like them on the 10 or 20 either... not just the fit but also the sound I heard...

So then I tried Comply smart core and the T600 both of which I still don’t like with these i3’s.. comfort is okay for an hour or so but the sound is not as good it sort of reduces the soundstage and makes it too warm for me... I then tried the Spinfit 155’s which were comfortable but still didn’t feel like they were properly in my ears (I tried small and medium) and I’ve settled on the Spinfit 230... which for me are perfect... they go nicely into my canal with nice depth and they allow the sound to be opened up...

Now I’m off to try some porridge and my neighbors beds...!!

Love the sound of the i3’s .... sound quality and definition is really nice with my mojo. The cipher cable is nice but at the top end the detail blurs or rather distorts (which I thought it wasn’t supposed to do?!) .... the BT cipher is nice but nowhere near as loud (I tried a few sources like Quboz Tidal etc plus direct through Onkyo HD) sounded very limp but better than it did on the 20’s ...

I haven’t bothered trying the 3.5mm standard cable.... just used my Linum BAX and a few cheaper cables like TRN HiFiHear and **** ...

For me they are definitely an upgrade on the 20’s..
Are you using these in your computer and eq'd with the mojo, or stock sound?

Oct 1, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #6,907 of 7,353
DCIM_281_2.jpg

It's nice. Sacrifices bass control and quantity. i.e. 20hz to 150hz transitions in music is more coherent with the stock cable, there's also a more apparent roll-off in sub bass in favor for more midrange control (especially that 1.3khz bump) and treble smoothness. Too bad I don't have balanced output which the cables were meant for. I'd say it was a nice trade-off, as I prefer these as daily drivers in terms of comfort over Sennheiser HD600's.

It's also relatively affordable :)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #6,908 of 7,353
Doing something similar too, I've paired the 20 with a Bengkel Macro cable (same used for the Edimun) with 7n full copper wire, no nylon inside: flat frequency response, so it does not color sound, instead so far I've seen an improvement in detail and separation, basses are incredible (they seems "visceral", coming out from nowhere? :)), and in general it seems planars works better with less "effort" (dunno how to express this in other words), and are more "alive" than with stock cable.

received_386426058740976.jpeg

I am using also another custom cable with silver and balanced 2.5, very close in terms of separation and detail, but with the iSine I believe there is less sinergy.

Oct 5, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #6,910 of 7,353
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anker-USB-...971090?hash=item4b693a3b12:g:aq4AAOSwrxFdWg1J

Hopefully if they run out they will make more and lower the price too.

Also these just barely fits and I liked them better than the stock and even the Hifiman's.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33004214316.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.40c84c4dYxm14x

image1.JPG

Tackiness of silicone helps keep the ear piece stable.
Because the ear hooks acts as a hanger, I felt the better cushioned ear tip made a good improvement to comfort.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #6,912 of 7,353
Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #6,915 of 7,353
Does anyone know if the Cipher Bluetooth cable can work with headphones which are not Isines?

Can I connect my R1 Zenith headphones to the bluetooth cipher cable and it work?
The Cipher cable will work with any IEM that has a matching connector (I don't know if the R1 Zenith is compatible). However, why would you want to? The whole point of both the wired and Bluetooth Cipher cables is that it applies equalization to fix the frequency response of the iSine IEMs. If you use it with any other headphone, the sound will be equalized in the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back