Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 31, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #6,468 of 7,352
Does anyone know if this usb to lighting adapter works for using the cypher cable with Android?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6MKJZH/?tag=cult087-20

Oh iSines are in the description!

If it works please let us know. Would be wonderful news. Have tried something similar but none worked.

Yes this is compatible with Cipher V1 and V2 cables when used with USB-C in iDevices, Mac and Win 10. We have been told it is compatible with Android, but as everything else related to Android, you can never be sure without trying it with your device.

Just an FYI. Someone posted a picture on Amazon and a few words saying that this adapter + iSine "works flawlessly" with his Samsung Galaxy phone. See link below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...f=cm_cr_srp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07R6MKJZH

May 31, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #6,469 of 7,352
Hey guys, i've been enjoying my isine20 quite much :) Sometimes the seal isn't very good with my right ear even though it seals better with my left ear which i find strange. Are there any tips you guys recommend? I am also quite interested in trying the Bluetooth module out for these to make them truly portable, however i like to listen to my music quite loud and i am concerned that the Bluetooth module will not allow them to get very loud?

May 31, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #6,472 of 7,352
Does anyone know if this usb to lighting adapter works for using the cypher cable with Android?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6MKJZH/?tag=cult087-20

Oh iSines are in the description!

I purchased this dongle and can also confirm it works when connected to my Pixel 2 phone. Only issue is the inline remote buttons (volume, play/pause) don't seem to work; or at least they did work for about 10min after i initially plugged the cable in, but haven't since the last few days. Not sure. My Pixel 2 is also just finicky with in-line controls in general, so could be a phone thing. I will try downloading Cipher firmware update when i connect these to wife's iPhone, see if that solves it. Brief initial impressions are that when using these + cipher cable connected to my Android, the Cipher DAC seems to be working. Definitely different sound signature than when connected via 3.5mm cable.

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #6,473 of 7,352
I purchased this dongle and can also confirm it works when connected to my Pixel 2 phone. Only issue is the inline remote buttons (volume, play/pause) don't seem to work; or at least they did work for about 10min after i initially plugged the cable in, but haven't since the last few days. Not sure. My Pixel 2 is also just finicky with in-line controls in general, so could be a phone thing. I will try downloading Cipher firmware update when i connect these to wife's iPhone, see if that solves it. Brief initial impressions are that when using these + cipher cable connected to my Android, the Cipher DAC seems to be working. Definitely different sound signature than when connected via 3.5mm cable.
Have you installed power amp? Can you please check what bit rate is the cipher usb working on while checking output in setting of power amp?

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #6,474 of 7,352

I have been using this combination with my Galaxy Note 9 and I could not use the inline cable buttons either after a few days of the Cipher cable working. I suspect that Cipher cable inconsistently works? I was one of the original posters who wrote about this combo. Still testing however.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #6,475 of 7,352
Bluetooth module questions?

Can you adjust the DSP with the eq app like you can on the standard cipher cable?
Can you turn the dsp tuning off to get the stock analogue sound?

thanks

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #6,478 of 7,352
e2f7a710.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back