Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 18, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #6,451 of 7,352
iSine has a 2-Pin connector, there can be no pop sound unless it happens in the driver

You should also be able to feel the pressure in your ear change, like feel that your eardrum is getting pushed or pulled in some way. This is a good way to tell driver flex apart from other noises. I noticed it happens on many larger planar magnetic headphones, and I also believed that it was the cables, until I played with them enough to notice that when the pop happens, they push a bit on my eardrum, that's how I now know it is driver flex.

BTW, most planars do, not a specific company, seems to happen to most of them, but to a larger headphone, you need to really be twitchy and otherwise aggressive with it to make it happen...

I don't feel the pressure changing. I switched to the 3.5mm cable and tested with the apropos adapters on my iPhone XR and Note 9 and the problem has been decreased. Audeze is going to send me a new Lightning connector next week so hopefully that will resolve my problem with the LX's. :)

May 18, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #6,452 of 7,352
May 18, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #6,454 of 7,352
iSine has a 2-Pin connector, there can be no pop sound unless it happens in the driver

You should also be able to feel the pressure in your ear change, like feel that your eardrum is getting pushed or pulled in some way. This is a good way to tell driver flex apart from other noises. I noticed it happens on many larger planar magnetic headphones, and I also believed that it was the cables, until I played with them enough to notice that when the pop happens, they push a bit on my eardrum, that's how I now know it is driver flex.

BTW, most planars do, not a specific company, seems to happen to most of them, but to a larger headphone, you need to really be twitchy and otherwise aggressive with it to make it happen...

Woohoo I resolved the issue by changing the angle of the left earhook on the driver and the problem seems to have gone away... still going to await the new Lightning connector :)

May 25, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #6,460 of 7,352
Got my Isine20s last Saturday. Other IEMs I own are TRN V80s and Tin Audio T3s. I'm running them through 3.5mm cable to an iFi iDSD Micro BL with a modified EQ setting I found in this thread.

After a week of use, I'm going to find it very hard to go back to my other IEMs. The soundstage and imaging with the Isines is phenomenal. They sound so close to my LCD-2Cs which is great because now the weather has warmed up here in the UK, my ears tend to get hot with full sized headphones. Once I'd gotten the EQ dialed in, these Isines really sing.

The only thing I wasn't keen on is the rubbery cable. I found it catches on clothing really easily and was producing microphonics. I'd read other complaints similar to this before I bought them so I had this cable on order from ebay. This aftermarket cable is so much better. No more tangles and it doesn't catch on anything. Also, the colour matches the 20s.

IMG_20190525_193931.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #6,461 of 7,352
Got my Isine20s last Saturday. Other IEMs I own are TRN V80s and Tin Audio T3s. I'm running them through 3.5mm cable to an iFi iDSD Micro BL with a modified EQ setting I found in this thread.

After a week of use, I'm going to find it very hard to go back to my other IEMs. The soundstage and imaging with the Isines is phenomenal. They sound so close to my LCD-2Cs which is great because now the weather has warmed up here in the UK, my ears tend to get hot with full sized headphones. Once I'd gotten the EQ dialed in, these Isines really sing.

The only thing I wasn't keen on is the rubbery cable. I found it catches on clothing really easily and was producing microphonics. I'd read other complaints similar to this before I bought them so I had this cable on order from ebay. This aftermarket cable is so much better. No more tangles and it doesn't catch on anything. Also, the colour matches the 20s.

Where did you order those custom cables?

May 30, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #6,465 of 7,352
Can anybody post an example of eq for Android or another non iPod dap in general

Users who are viewing this thread

Back