Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 30, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #6,166 of 7,352
Speaking of EQ, for those who are using Equalizer APO with the Reveal plugin and want a little more upper extension and air without sacrfice the overall great tonallity, I recommend these settings for Graphic EQ:

GraphicEQ: 32 -0.4; 64 -0.4; 125 -0.4; 250 -0.4; 500 -0.4; 1000 0.6; 2000 2.1; 4000 3.3; 8000 3.8; 16000 5.2

Along with 100% wet Mix in the Reveal plugin panel and -8.6 dB on Preamp for tame the peak gain. Pure glory.

Something like this:

iXxaZfW.png

My finding is that this is what I want / need / like too when using the Cipher BT cable. I found playback to be a little dark using it. A bit of eq sussing-up the upper half of the spectrum works nicely.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #6,168 of 7,352
96E319B3-86EA-4EC2-B8D1-CD0F7C8A4AF9.jpeg
How come you have so many?

1st set from the groovy kit - one of the tips wasn’t moulded properly so I got sent another groovy kit... so I got a 2nd set.

All my medium hooks I had broke so the UK distributor sent me 2 large as replacements. So that’s 3 and 4.

I still needed medium hooks so I contacted Audeze direct and they sent me 2 medium and 2 large. Giving me the 5th and 6th pair.

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #6,169 of 7,352

1st set from the groovy kit - one of the tips wasn’t moulded properly so I got sent another groovy kit... so I got a 2nd set.

All my medium hooks I had broke so the UK distributor sent me 2 large as replacements. So that’s 3 and 4.

I still needed medium hooks so I contacted Audeze direct and they sent me 2 medium and 2 large. Giving me the 5th and 6th pair.

audeze didn't charge you shipping to the UK?

at the moment, i don't use any hooks, using aftermarket cable as ear hooks. ok if not moving around.

have you thought of making your own hooks? i have given a thought using titnanium wire. but not sure how hard/soft those wires are.

https://www.amazon.com/TEMCo-Titani...898560&sr=8-4&keywords=titanium+wire+18+gauge

Jan 31, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #6,171 of 7,352
How come you have so many?

I am guessing he bought one of the packs off Audeze website. They usually send several extra in a pack. That is what I did. I ended up with a bunch of large I couldn't use and traded them on here for a bunch of medium. Now I have about 6 pairs of mediums. All of which I can use.

Edit: Oops I didn't see his reply for some reason. Please disregard this post.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #6,172 of 7,352
I will never admit in person how much I spent to stockpile 3 accessory kits from Audeze just to have medium hooks...let’s just say shipping and duties to continental EU costed just as much as the 3 kits...that’s big hole or a shame in the Audeze ecosystem...just let us buy 50 medium hooks from regional amazon sites..or at least the kit...

I’ve tried many alternative hooks but the original medium hook is the best for me...

Now to another topic (it too tainted by bad availability in regional amazon stores and dumb shipping+duties overhead in major markets)...to buy or not to buy the Bluetooth Cypher? I hate how Cypher v2 sounds un-EQed out of the box...I’m afraid the BT Cypher sounds the same and that cannot be EQed system wide in iOS...

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #6,173 of 7,352
I will never admit in person how much I spent to stockpile 3 accessory kits from Audeze just to have medium hooks...let’s just say shipping and duties to continental EU costed just as much as the 3 kits...that’s big hole or a shame in the Audeze ecosystem...just let us buy 50 medium hooks from regional amazon sites..or at least the kit...

I’ve tried many alternative hooks but the original medium hook is the best for me...

Now to another topic (it too tainted by bad availability in regional amazon stores and dumb shipping+duties overhead in major markets)...to buy or not to buy the Bluetooth Cypher? I hate how Cypher v2 sounds un-EQed out of the box...I’m afraid the BT Cypher sounds the same and that cannot be EQed system wide in iOS...

This won't happen. Hooks coming with the copycats are of even worse quality.

That's why suggesting using titanimum wires to make hooks .

No usb-c and no ldac is deal-breaker for me.

Jan 31, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #6,175 of 7,352
What is the best after market cable for isine 20 with high amperage? Planning to use with lg v30+
How do you think voltage, resistance, and current [amperage] works? I.e relates?

You supply voltage ... based on the amount or resistance and/or impedance, current [amperage] is then 'drawn'.

That said, I love my balanced cable I bought on eBay. Go to Ebay and search for this:

seller:lqicables

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #6,177 of 7,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back