Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Aug 1, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #5,521 of 7,352
last time I promise. I think I'm done for a while. This sounds real good to me.
I basically made the highs less hot and reduced the bass. a fuller more well rounded sound.

Preamp: -6 dB
Filter: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 1.5 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 250 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 1
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -8.5 dB Q 1.5
Filter: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q 0.4

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #5,522 of 7,352
I basically made the highs less hot and reduced the bass. a fuller more well rounded sound.

I liked the last one and your original the most so far. I will give this a listen. Do you think you are finding a difference due to the new headphones? I never felt there was excessive brightness, and the bass for me varies depending on recordings.

thanks
Bob

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #5,523 of 7,352
Well Frank, I am officially sold on your clips. Using the new hooks with your clips is much more effective at keeping these headphones on my head where they belong.
I'm having to retrain my muscle memory not to shoot my hands out every time i get the slightest snag in the cord because they no longer go flying off of my head.
Thanks so much!! Now Just get Audeze to adopt this design!

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #5,524 of 7,352
I liked the last one and your original the most so far. I will give this a listen. Do you think you are finding a difference due to the new headphones? I never felt there was excessive brightness, and the bass for me varies depending on recordings.

thanks
Bob

I doubt very much the new headphones are having any effect on the sound. I always encounter this with eq settings. I will have settings that sound perfect for months and suddenly it's as if i'm hearing them for the first time and they are not right. I've made tons of tweaks lately but ultimately nothing compared to my previous settings. These new ones are only a slight tweak on those, but make a big difference. Again, for some reason I suddenly feel the old ones were way too bright, and that the excess bass was drowning out the rest of the sound. Maybe my ears will re-adjust and i'll like the old settings again. who knows. it sure doesn't seem that way.

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #5,525 of 7,352
Well Frank, I am officially sold on your clips. Using the new hooks with your clips is much more effective at keeping these headphones on my head where they belong.
I'm having to retrain my muscle memory not to shoot my hands out every time i get the slightest snag in the cord because they no longer go flying off of my head.
Thanks so much!! Now Just get Audeze to adopt this design!
Yes, Frank has a great product. I guess you have to be careful so as not to end up like Vincent Van Gogh. :)

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #5,526 of 7,352
Hello everyone! Searched this thread and couldn't find much on the subject,but.. Anyone here use the isine 20 as your go to headphone for home and or portable use? Maybe your only hp?

I was thinking to use this with my opus1s for at home use (maybe with an amp) .. Does that seem a bit silly? Keep in mind I'm definitely not at an end game headphone stage but paying the amount for the isine20 I'm a bit weiry

If it matters I primarily listen to metal ( death, post, deathcore etc) and some house music.. And I've never used a planar hp either.. I'm used to cheap dynamic hps ..I guess this would be my first "real" hp

:):):)

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #5,527 of 7,352
The 20s are my daily driver now to use at home while working. I use them with foobar on my pc and a schiit modi / magni. They are amazing. I would def recommend using an amp with these or the cipher cable to really make them sound great.

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #5,528 of 7,352

Can I translate these settings to equivalent eq settings for the Cipher cable ?

Aug 2, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #5,530 of 7,352
Can I translate these settings to equivalent eq settings for the Cipher cable ?

I have the cypher 2
Both of these sound excellent to me.
the one with the 8k +1 will have sparklier slightly more forward vocals

Just bear in mind I've been working on my analogue eq settings since these headphones came out and I spent about 5 minutes on this one. It really does seem good and very close to my current analogue cable settings though :wink:

IMG_5921.jpgIMG_5920.PNG

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #5,531 of 7,352
I have the cypher 2
Both of these sound excellent to me.
the one with the 8k +1 will have sparklier slightly more forward vocals

Just bear in mind I've been working on my analogue eq settings since these headphones came out and I spent about 5 minutes on this one. It really does seem good and very close to my current analogue cable settings though :wink:

Thank you! I'll give them a go.

--
Iain

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #5,532 of 7,352
Some more EQ options
Since I see a number of Head-fiers using the EQ I posted and also saw some feedback on the EQ, I am happy to post two more variations that go easy near 4k. I would be happy to hear feed-back form you and we can even push the EQ to Cipher at a later point.

Here are two variants (V1, V2) and finally the original I had published earlier.

Bought these for my iPhone X with the standard cable. Played with the EQ, but picked up a Cipher cable - good improvement.

I also picked up a Sony NW-ZX300 with a "standard" 10 band EQ. Any changes in recommended EQ? They sound pretty solid with a balanced cable but the sound can sometimes sound what I'm guessing what audiophiles call "veiled". Audio newbie, help and advice appreciated!

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #5,533 of 7,352

I also picked up a Sony NW-ZX300 with a "standard" 10 band EQ. Any changes in recommended EQ? They sound pretty solid with a balanced cable but the sound can sometimes sound what I'm guessing what audiophiles call "veiled". Audio newbie, help and advice appreciated!

This is the direction to go. Lower 200 to 1000 Hz area and boost the 3000 Hz for a start.
F31E9592-52F7-4563-9B10-8407B3184533.jpeg

Aug 5, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #5,535 of 7,352
Struggling to get the EQ on my Sony NW-ZX300 to match the DSP- and DAC- quality of the Cipher!

At this point I am not absolutely sure you will be able to, I am pretty much going to review them on Cipher cable only and recommend them as such only, even with a high-end DAP I couldn't get the same EQ, I think that the reason is that the Cipher cable magic has a lot of EQ bands at narrow ranges applied, so while in theory it would be possible, it takes more than your average EQ app to EQ i20 to exactly the same sound of the Cipher cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back